What sort of dog is that

Dowjones

Visit site
We have always had working strain Red setters so often get asked what they are and also "they must be cross breeds!" because they are not the show build and have small white markings.

meleeka

Visit site
On the subject of Parsons can anyone tell me what this might be? She looks like a Parsons but she was bred by someone who just bred pets as a hobby so I’m pretty sure she’s a cross JRT. With what I’ve no idea (she’s too tall for a JRT). I do call her a Parsons though because it’s just easier.

Attachments

• CA853D24-4371-4F6F-B9E3-02D4E1445402.jpeg
    CA853D24-4371-4F6F-B9E3-02D4E1445402.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 21

Dowjones

Visit site
The new addition has filled the gap of losing my beautiful Smudge, who we lost before Christmas to bone cancer. We had no idea when going to view him as the last in the litter that he had identical markings on the the other side of his nose to Smudge.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1550092522498.jpg
    FB_IMG_1550092522498.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 20

Goldenstar

Visit site
I have WCS, Springer and a Lab . my Lab is out of working stock- looks like the fox red variety- (although not paperered-pure gamekeeper bred) and very fit and lean- I often get people saying how lovely she is then they ask what breed :)

Drams a fox red dog hes papered and the fast type that keepers like he’s very heavily muscled and very very lean I get asked what he is all the time .
When I say Labrador some people look like they don’t believe me , one man was funny he paused looked at him said do you mean he’s just not fat , er yes that’s right that’s what they look like slim .

Moobli

Visit site
I had loads of people asking if mine was an Australian shepherd and kept saying no, he’s a border collie (hadn’t even heard of Aussies) Then I looked into his pedigree and saw he does have an Aussie grandparent, so pretty close. And now looking at photos of Aussie shepherds I can see them in him.

I think it is often the "difference" in colour that throws people off. Border collies surely only come in black and white and GSDs in black and tan.

Moobli

Visit site
The OH says he fancies similar size springers next time. Given I’ve never seen such tall ones as mine, I reckon Mumsterlanders may be the way forward!

I did once find him with his head in a bag of kibble. His stomach looked like he’d swallowed a basketball!

I’m pretty convinced they’re pure, mum was definitely a springer.
View attachment 29160

Your two black/white boys almost look like the one on the left is a show/working cross and the right hand purely working (but think it might be the markings on the head of the left hand dog making his head look broader and more show springer like).

Moobli

Visit site
My German Shepherds are sable and the two bitches are bi-colors. I'm often asked if they're Belgian Malinois. One man asked me about my sable boy's bloodlines so I thought he knew GSDs and started talking about his breeding when the man cut in and asked what sort of mix he was.

I would love to see your sable sheps please? Pretty please? :)

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
I had another 'Belgian shepherd' for my collection yesterday. Lots of people also still think both of mine are pups (8yo and 6.5yo lol) so it must be a stress free existence living with me :p