What tried and trusted things do you always go back to?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
My favourite trainer who is worth every penny. Tried cheaper ones that are nearer to me and more convenient but they just don't compare!
Red wine and dark chocolate as an antidote to negative thoughts with an added hot water bottle and good book if the weather is cold. I can just add a bit more until I get the required effect.
ahh, yes, these things are definitely the "old faithfuls" in my world too.

I'd add Rambo turnout rugs and Absorbine show sheen

Other than that I rather like some of the newfangled things :D I hate the old rope style leadropes and coloured buckets have their place etc ;)

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
If it's really cold, the old style, under saddle, 100% wool, newmarket exercise rug is unbeatable in keeping the horse's back warm IMO. :)

palo1

Visit site
My favourite trainer who is worth every penny. Tried cheaper ones that are nearer to me and more convenient but they just don't compare!
Red wine and dark chocolate as an antidote to negative thoughts with an added hot water bottle and good book if the weather is cold. I can just add a bit more until I get the required effect.

This! :) Red wine,chocolate, book and hot water bottle can dispel negativity, provide comfort and give room for inspiration and a trainer that you work well with is a pearl beyond price. :)

Alibear

Visit site
Voting for
Leather Headcollars - Tie up, turn out, travel in safety :)
Rope Halters - new ish discovery for me but love them.
A good trainer , hard to find but once found then keep!
I'm defiitley a trailer rather than a lorry person, finances mainly but my first trailer lasted 20 years and I love my new one too.
Flick brush, all the rage about 20 years ago, a longer softer bristled version of a dandy brush. Still using the original one from 20 years ago.
Green oils healing gel, on any cut/wound that need to be kept clean and supple.
My Dubarrys are 10 years old and still going so I guess they count? (Before you wail I am full livery person so they've not been as exposed as others)
Rubber water & feed buckets or the corner manger style ones.

TRECtastic

Visit site
Bahill trailers
My first trailer many years ago was a little blue flat fronted Bahill, I loved that trailer
Then had a ifor Williams, didn't like them, so when a friend gave up horses a couple of years ago and was selling her rear and front unload Bahill I sold the IW and snapped up the old but well looked after Bahill
It's just sailed through this years service, great trailers

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
If it's really cold, the old style, under saddle, 100% wool, newmarket exercise rug is unbeatable in keeping the horse's back warm IMO. :)

It's the stripes that make all the difference, though, got to love those stripes :) They were the must have for 'real' horse people from my yoof.

jj_87

Visit site
Oh I wish you could get Green dermobian still, it was the best for anything, I kept my tube for absolute emergencies but it ran out a couple of years back.
Cornocesine - for hooves and my nails!
Canter Mane and Tail, everything else is just not as good!
Old fashioned rubber over reach boots, not the stiff plastic ones, but the nice thick flexible rubber.
Woof Wear Club brushing boots, last for years and look smart.

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
Witney rugs - Friday Fox do the most fantastic wrap around one which means it doesn't need to go under the saddle so won't affect fit. Mine is amazing. Would recommend 100%!!!

Good old fashioned salt water - when horse had his wind op, I could only clean with that and couldn't put any cream on etc - healed in 2 weeks. Current horse fell on the road and cut his top lip right open. Stitches haven't stayed in but I've slooshed it out with salt water twice a day and its gone from the most enormous rip to very nearly healed (2.5 weeks since accident). Very good reminder that the body needs very little to heal itself and we are so quick to go to a cream/spray!!

MummyEms

Visit site
Turnout, hay, less hard feed (for naughty or feisty horses).

Oats, hacking, cross country or hunting for lazy horses.

Simple ideas always the best.

Lyle

Visit site
Old school Stubben Parzivals.... used to be all I had growing up. In recent times, due to an awful saddle fit saga leaving me $$$$$ out of pocket and with two saddles the horse and I hate, I bought an ancient $180 parzival. Put it on, rode in it, and the horse and I both took a deep breath and haven’t had a moments issue since. I also have an old style flat bates jumping saddle, like what I had in my eventing days.

Recently returned the whole property to using cotton, woollen and then Canvas rugs. Only the ancient oldie is in a synthetic because it’s lighter for him. The canvas rugs seem to fit the welsh cob shape well, they suit the Aus climate being wind proof (we get gnarly winds on our hillside) but breath if the sun comes out and are actually waterproof. Add a woollen if the weather turns chilly, happy days.