What's made you smile today?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
loads :D My horses make me giggle every day, it's one of the reasons I love them so much. Complete relief from work which is mainly sorting annoying problems and untangling messes.

Yesterday, rode YOs horse who is very very green and struggling a bit but he offered shoulder-fore in canter like a pro. Huge big pats and big grins all round.

Project cob had a lesson in the afternoon and was generally awesome. she still strops when pushed but it's all good natured so we all have a laugh at her indignation and then she snorts and pulls her socks up. She's a hilarious character and you can't help but love her and her sunny personality. Had a big cuddle when we got home too, she's a right weirdo.

Millie did some lovely big canter in the school and felt totally up for it, much relief. (I clipped her this morning which made her absolutely furious so she did wheelies all round the field when finally turned out... will probably be lame again later :eek: )

fishy

Visit site
My little cob who just makes me smile as soon as I see him. Tries his absolute hardest to please and is just utterly so big and daft you can't help but love him and my daughters coloured cob who waited til I was looking at him to roll in the mud puddle. I had the last laugh as my daughter had to brush him after work 😆

Britestar

Visit site
Coming home from work and seeing my 19yr old and 8yr old steaming around the field for no other reason other than they can. And seeing the other horses just carrying on grazing totally ignoring them.
Made me laugh.

Celtic Fringe

Visit site
Young cob met a pony and cart when we were hacking out today. They said we could follow them down the road so my nosy beastie got right behind the cart and popped his nose between the driver and passenger and gave them a good sniff. We walked alongside for a while and then in front. He didn't even mind when the pony trotted to catch up and was keen to go further with them when we reached our gate. They have offered to break him to harness which I had thought about but am now seriously considering!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Ok yesterday but baby horse gave me that warm melty feeling, which means even when she grows to 18hh I'm not selling :lol:.

Small thing really but when I was turning her out, she was last and quite eager to get back to the others and we have to go through a field to get to the one their currently in. The first gate is a bit tricky so popped her through and threw the rope over her neck thinking I'll catch her at the next gate (field is contained), but she didn't carry on to the others like I figured she would, just walked a step so I had room and waited for me to shut the gate behind us, considering she was pretty feral and uncatchable when I brought her home, it made me so proud that she's now choosing to stay with me.

LadySam

Visit site
Two new fillies joined the stables today for retraining. They're the only girls in a current collection of 14, the rest are geldings. They were stabled alongside two geldings in a sort of private row of four. Strong steel mesh for walls, so they can all see each other, and they're right next to a small indoor arena where the horses are sometimes turned out to stretch their legs. I turned each of them out in the arena, in turn, and there was a fair bit of sniffing and nibbling over doors and fences. Watching them get to know each other made me smile, especially the two boys showing off for the girls. One loves to run around and kick up his heels for a bit anyway - he put extra curry into it today while the girls nickered at him non stop, like "ooh, you're so strong and clever!". The other boy was a complete Casanova, totally "heeeeyy, how you doin'?" He was alternately told "Hey, come here come here come here come here GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY come here come here come here..." Watching them work it all out was great entertainment.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Lovely stories :)

My smile today was because the mini I bought as a friend for my first one has finally let her give her a scratch. Doodle's been following Pip for just over two weeks trying to get that close. Also smiling because one of the two cats I have which I've been complaining about because they aren't cuddle orientated is currently lying pressed up against me purring :) :) :)

tristar

Visit site
you, on about your horse growing reminded me of a mare three generations ago, who was 15 2 hh at four and 16 1 hh at six i was very pleased.

oh and stopping taking my homeopathic remedy for dust allergy and not sneezing all over the place, ha ha

Antw23uk

Visit site
Today we did our first 'loop' hack since going barefoot. It took a fair bit longer than usual and I walked a mile of it at the end (had to get off to pick his feet out so gave him a break from me in the saddle for a mile) He was a little ouchy on the stuff most BF horses would be but we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and it's finally all feeling worth it. Also when I got back on it was on a grass verge from the wrong side and he didnt think twice about standing like the saint that he is :D

gothdolly

Visit site
I smiled today because I actually got my standardbred to trot rather than pacing, or racking, down the long sides of the arena! And he was tracking up. Happy days, its been a while coming!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Today's smile was on going to unfasten my cob after doing his first clip of the year and realising he'd never been tied up in the first place. He just stood like a rock. :)

That and the OH dropping everything, in the middle of a huge chimney cleaning job, to sort out the failed starter switch on the clippers so I didn't have a half finished horse. Just love that man!

fuzzymooch

Visit site
Watching one year old smiling and pointing at the big guy trying to say his name and giggling when he put his nose out to be patted. They have a mutual appreciation society going, big guy is such a softy :)

Enfys

Visit site
Meeting friends to go for a ride and seeing that one of them had stuck fake fur around her helmet and fashioned Viking 'horns' out of duct tape, we're all in our 50's :D Life is fun :D

Asha

Visit site
Placing a bid on charity auction for an equine first aid box . Purely because it was a lovely box which contained amongst other things 'internal genitalia wash' and duct tape.

Been out bid now though, did giggle for a bit though

case895

Visit site
Being threatened with redundancy, offered a **** redeployment job, but finding a more interesting, better paid job (Inc Audi A4 Executive or BMW 320 and fuel) today.

JJS

Visit site
The four year old being the perfect patient for the dentist despite never having had her teeth checked before.

Something finally clicking in her head schooling.

The twenty-three year old Welshie being an absolute love bug all day even though he's normally quite reserved.

Cuddles with the eight year old, who makes me smile every single day just by being here and being him.

Watching my baby horse and my old boy doing this:

3047A896-E932-4EF9-A78A-491750D85153.jpg

Last edited:

Tyssandi

Veteran
Visit site
Today I smiled because I measured my Clydie cross. I bought him at four 'to make sixteen hands' and was a bit disappointed when he arrived that he wasn't even half an inch over fifteen hands. Still a bit disappointed at five when he was struggling to get much over 15.2. Measured him today and he has put on over an inch between six and six and a half years old. He's only a quarter inch short of sixteen hands! Clever boy :)

What are you smiling about today?
Today I smiled because I sold my horsebox to a lovely family, who don't care about few things need doing to it and took it on face value.

neddy man

Visit site
while in the supermarket a little girl of 4 ish said to her mum "Will there be a christmas this year ?" ""Of course there will there's one every year "" "Oh goody". You have just got to smile.

Gsmith

Visit site
Such a lovely thread. I smiled a lot tonight as one of mine (had him for 13yrs now) likes our relationship to be quite business like in a way and doesn't really appreciate much fuss/cuddles. But what he does do every single night is to stretch his nose over the door as I say goodnight for a kiss on the nose. Tonight I got two, made my day!

Count Oggy

Visit site
My dog leaning against a young boy who was fussing her while telling me about the dog he used to have but had to rehome, then both of us realising it was his old dog. He was so pleased to see her again 6 years after having to say goodbye.

Compoboots

Visit site
Threads like this make me smile!
My baby horse managed circles in canter today which she hadn't before,and she was at her first show this weekend and behaved impeccably! She's been just amazing!

Chuffy99

Visit site
Oh .Count Oggy that made me want to cry not smile, brought back memories of having to rehome my daxi as a child when we moved abroad