Where are all the missing microchipped dogs?

allyp

Visit site
Yes and then you contact the microchip company with the special reference number you have as a professional. They can tell you anything that is listed on the microchip recorded - usually the registered owner's details, dog's details, where/when the dog was chipped, if it has been reported found before and by whom and so on

I've managed to trace original breeders, rescues that rehomed the dog, previous owners who can tell me about the dog and even prove once a rescue being paid to take on ex strays was actually dumping them

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Also how anybody/thief know that the dog has got a micro chip?

Anybody can have microchip scanner, we suspect my landlady's terrier was picked up when he went walkabout - scanned and then dumped as chipped.

Regardless of that what a bizarre thread with some really bizarre ideas going on - like only hairdressers can have clients?????

Dobiegirl

Visit site
A really odd poster, wonder if someone alerted Dogslost and they complained? guess we will never know.

Dogslost are a wonderful organisation and won an award last year, I wondered if it was someone from a rival company trying to undermine them.

Alec Swan

Visit site
A really odd poster, wonder if someone alerted Dogslost and they complained? guess we will never know.

Dogslost are a wonderful organisation and won an award last year, I wondered if it was someone from a rival company trying to undermine them.

I've never had any dealings with Dogslost, but from the little that I've seen, they're a decent bunch of people doing some very useful work. What is there that anyone could dislike about them?

Mind you, that magda-what's-er-face, was a bit odd, wasn't she?!

Alec.

Moomin1

Visit site

Goodness knows, but I was beginning to feel like I was in the Twilight Zone reading his/her posts...

magdalena

Visit site
I've never had any dealings with Dogslost, but from the little that I've seen, they're a decent bunch of people doing some very useful work. What is there that anyone could dislike about them?

Mind you, that magda-what's-er-face, was a bit odd, wasn't she?!

Alec.

Don't blame anybody for thinking what your are thinking. Yes, they seem a decent bunch of people and no doubt quite a few of them are. The story of my dealings with them is so bizzare that if I share this with other people (apart from my friends who witnessed it all) it does look like it is me who is a bit odd.The whole thing is just so complicated to explain on forum. Things/people are not always what they appear to be. Harold Shipman is a very good example. By the way I am just a normal pet lover/owner. Not any rival company. I did not take it very lightly when my dog was stolen and because I have traced the woman who took him and got to know she was involved with the said web site that was just too much. I got banned for 2 weeks no doubt somebody is worried what else I might disclose.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
People get banned on here all the time, like you it was a short holiday so dont read anything into it. Ive never felt the need to push the button and ban people I think its very childish, its a forum and we are all going to have an opinion but other people are not so laid back as me and will push the button regardless.

magdalena

Visit site
People get banned on here all the time, like you it was a short holiday so dont read anything into it. Ive never felt the need to push the button and ban people I think its very childish, its a forum and we are all going to have an opinion but other people are not so laid back as me and will push the button regardless.
Thanks for that. It makes me feel better that I am not the only one to be punished for having an opinion (based on facts may I add). It does not happen very often that you find out who has stolen your dog. I have "rattle their cage" by doing so and intend to rattle it until they are exposed. when my dog was missing for 3 weeks it was the most awful time.