Where do you carry your phone?

ed&arch

Visit site
Strange question, ha!
Where do you carry your phone when riding? In particular on a hack/in the summer.

I don’t like riding tights or leggings so the down the leg, deep pocket isn’t an option.
It’s too big to stick down by bra! I’m thinking a running belt around the waist could be a good option - or a gilet, but I hate being too hot riding?

Leaving at home isn’t an option either. I actually have two phones, business and personal but I only need to take one.

Where do you all put yours without the risk of them flinging out?!

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Strange question, ha!
Where do you carry your phone when riding? In particular on a hack/in the summer.

I don’t like riding tights or leggings so the down the leg, deep pocket isn’t an option.
It’s too big to stick down by bra! I’m thinking a running belt around the waist could be a good option - or a gilet, but I hate being too hot riding?

Leaving at home isn’t an option either. I actually have two phones, business and personal but I only need to take one.

Where do you all put yours without the risk of them flinging out?!
I have put it in my bra, but recently in my hi viz jacket pocket, and do have one of these. https://www.eqco.co.uk/products/riding-and-running-phone-and-key-bag

marmalade76

Visit site
Interesting question. I have a new phone which I haven't started using yet because it's bigger than my current one and I don't think it's going to fit in any of my pockets ?

Surbie

Visit site
I have put it in my bra, but recently in my hi viz jacket pocket

Putting it in a bra always makes me wince - Mum fractured her sternum and 2 ribs by doing this then falling off the top of a Landrover while we were in Kenya. Incredibly painful and I've avoided stuffing things in there ever since - my phone used to be tucked in quite happily before then.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Phone belt holsters permanently attached to my jodhs, jeans or whatever I'm wearing. I've got several.

I had to upgrade my phone recently after my trusty iphone 5s died, and luckily the new iphone SE 2020, although a tad bigger, fits in the same holsters.

Huge screened monster phones have no place in an active life.

w1bbler

Visit site
I've embraced riding tights, honestly they are fab, but to answer your question, I used to use a running belt.

palo1

Visit site
I have got an arm holster thingy that I have had for years and it works perfectly but I don't have a huge computer phone to lug round. I have given up on riding tights even though the phone pockets are fab; they are just not, on the whole, durable enough nor do I want the icky synthetic material that they are all made of.

marmalade76

Visit site
I have got an arm holster thingy that I have had for years and it works perfectly but I don't have a huge computer phone to lug round. I have given up on riding tights even though the phone pockets are fab; they are just not, on the whole, durable enough nor do I want the icky synthetic material that they are all made of.

I've had the same thoughts about riding tights, they don't look very hard wearing and some of them are really quite expensive. I'm tending to ride in those cheap stretchy jeans more & more now, partly because of all the pockets. They're not particularly hard wearing either but they're so cheap, it doesn't matter.

cauda equina

Visit site
I've had the same thoughts about riding tights, they don't look very hard wearing and some of them are really quite expensive. I'm tending to ride in those cheap stretchy jeans more & more now, partly because of all the pockets. They're not particularly hard wearing either but they're so cheap, it doesn't matter.
They may not look hard-wearing but that's deceptive, they're tough as anything
I've pretty much lived in mine (Dublin ones) for the past year and a bit - not just for riding but mucking out and gardening too
There's one tiny hole where a thorn got them, otherwise no obvious wear or damage

I love the thigh phone pocket although with a big hanky in there too I look like a bee loaded up with pollen