whereabouts in Ireland?

Alec Swan

Visit site
I once flew over, with a girl, to look at a horse. He was by Lord Gale, but that's all that I remember of him. We stayed for a week, though we only planned two days, and between Kildare and Offaly, we had a wonderful time, surrounded by the loveliest people. I may very well have been sober at some point, but in truth, I don't remember!

I remember the name of the house where we stayed, the spelling will be wrong, but I'll have a go; Ton La Gee? Something like that, and it translated into "Your arse to the wind". ;)

Wonderful days, and such fun!

Alec.

Alec Swan

Visit site
A question for those of truly Irish blood;

When I was a small boy, many many years ago, I was at some stables in Epsom. There was a charming and older girl who gave me a conducted tour. We stood in front of a box with a big brown horse, and she said what sounded like "This is "My own" ". "He's yours"? I asked, "No" she laughed, "That's his name".

Would there be an Irish or Gaelic name which even resembles the words "My Own"? "Me Own" perhaps? Any ideas?

Over 60 years of pondering!! An answer or an explanation, would be wonderful!!

Alec.

BillyBob-Sleigh

Visit site
Sorry to gatecrash :) I'm a welshie but my other half is in talks about moving over to Galway with his job, so it's looking likely that we'll be moving over in the next couple of months. Is anyone here from Galway and know of any good livery yards? :) thanks

GFTB

New User
Visit site
Sorry to gatecrash :) I'm a welshie but my other half is in talks about moving over to Galway with his job, so it's looking likely that we'll be moving over in the next couple of months. Is anyone here from Galway and know of any good livery yards? :) thanks

Galway is a big county so can you be more specific - is it Galway city or countythat you will be moving to? Try the following websites www.GalwayHorse.com and the Stable to Stable forum for contacts and phone numbers.

gadetra

Visit site
Ha! As I was driving through Offaly with the lorry on diesel fumes, wondering where the heck the next petrol station might be, I did think it would be useful if it ran on peat briquettes instead! :D

I suspect my relations are made of peat :eek: Not that I can talk. Half of me may be milled peat. Swap ya for some diesel fumes? :p

supaspot

Visit site
what part of Longford are you from ? Im near Ballinalee ( Im English but lived here with my irish husband for over ten years)

gadetra

Visit site
No way! I am about 7 miles outside Longford town in the middle of no where between Ballymahon and Longford. Civilisation is far away :p
In Dubiln most of the time now though.
Were you at the Longford show this year with your minatures by any chance? I remember meeting a couple of fit minature horses there (noticed your signature). Pity the jumping couldn't run the same day. Didn't get over to George's to see how it went.
Small world! (although to be fair everybody knows someone who knows everybody in Ireland!)

ZondaR

Visit site
I am mortified that I only found this now. I'm from the Deep South. Yes, I'm from The Peoples Republic of Cork. I have recognised a few of the avatar names here. I used to be Pablo Diablo in S2S. I miss S2S.

albeg

Visit site
I am mortified that I only found this now. I'm from the Deep South. Yes, I'm from The Peoples Republic of Cork. I have recognised a few of the avatar names here. I used to be Pablo Diablo in S2S. I miss S2S.

Hiya! Was just talking to another S2Ser earlier suffering withdrawal symptoms! :p