Which riding hat do you have?

flintmeg

Visit site
I have 2 silver hs1's. The chin strap on the first one kept slipping so it was sent off to be adjusted. They have me another.... Then sent my original back lol :D

Love

Visit site
I have 2 silver hs1's. The chin strap on the first one kept slipping so it was sent off to be adjusted. They have me another.... Then sent my original back lol :D

That's good service! When you say slipping do you mean where you adjust the length? I put mine on today and thought the strap seemed suddenly too long so just readjusted and carried on. Is it a known problem? Suppose I can just stitch it if so :)

bellatrix

Visit site
Have a Gatehouse HS1 and a Charles Owen Wellington. Was looking at new hats and took a shine to the Gatehouse Conquest but I didnt like the way they fitted

AmieeT

Visit site
I have a Charles Owen junior skull hat- a navy velvet hat silk for showing and a normal one for hacking (plus a santa hat one for christmas!)
Got away with a kiddy size even though I'm a full grown 23 year old- lovely lady that fitted it had a chuckle. Saves the VAT tho!

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
LAS for competing, love it, so light and comfy.

Then BR of some description for home, it's not available in the UK but was comfy, vented and sporty! Am toying with either a samshield or uvex for home hat number 2 though...hmmmm.....

flintmeg

Visit site
That's good service! When you say slipping do you mean where you adjust the length? I put mine on today and thought the strap seemed suddenly too long so just readjusted and carried on. Is it a known problem? Suppose I can just stitch it if so :)

Yes! It was blooming annoying the little rubber band is meant to prevent it slipping along with the chin pad thingy. it's still not great but it's a lot better just put some plaiting bands on (electrical tape works too lol). Now it doesn't budge :D. Iv heard of a few people having the same problem. The freebie hat has been fine no doesn't move at all! :)

starryeyed

Visit site
I have a HS1 for XC and had it fitted - honestly have to admit that although they assured me it fitted, I don't find it that comfortable, it seems quite tight - am hoping that in time it will loosen up a bit as it gives me a huge headache. It also looks huge on my head but I told myself that safety was the important bit!
For everyday use I treated myself to a Gatehouse Conquest a couple of months ago which I am over the moon with, it is so comfortable and it is significantly cooler than my previous hat.

PleaseVenus

Visit site
I got a HS1 fitted too and I rode in it once and couldn't wait to take it off, it crushed my temples and gave me such a bad headache. I was thinking it might loosen up as its worn in but sent it back in the end just in case it never does. It's annoying, such a nice hat but so uncomfortable.

flintmeg

Visit site
I got a HS1 fitted too and I rode in it once and couldn't wait to take it off, it crushed my temples and gave me such a bad headache. I was thinking it might loosen up as its worn in but sent it back in the end just in case it never does. It's annoying, such a nice hat but so uncomfortable.

Sounds like it wasn't fitted correctly, would expect it to feel like it's crushing your temples!

its_noodles

Visit site
Recently just treated myself to a lovely new riding hat, after having a velvet hat I decided to go for a skull hat. Ended up with this:

http://www.gatehouserange.co.uk/gatehouse-hs1-jockey-skull-p-258.html

The gatehouse HS1 in silver with a navy silk. Have to say it feels so much safer! Definitely the best hat I've had!

So which riding hat do you have? Just a fun thread :D and hope everyone is having a good start to the new year!

i have so many i lost count...
:eek3:

Daytona

Visit site
Gatehouse HS1 which I never use as it so uncomfortable and presses on my temples giving me a head ache

I love my KEP hat though , now that's a comfy hat :)

Love

Visit site
Interesting with the HS1s being tight, they didn't have my actually size so went one up to try it and found it fitted. Maybe their sizes come up small?

Daytona

Visit site
Sounds like it wasn't fitted correctly, would expect it to feel like it's crushing your temples!

This is the same as me, I had mine fitted but after having it on my head for 20 mins I get blinding head aches , feels like it's crushing my temples

TandD

Visit site
Hat? HAT??? What's that.......? I ride in a baseball cap (backwards ;))

No I do have a hat...or three! Which I all use

Charles Owen Ayr 8, black with vents - for PC rallies, smart lessons and such
Charles Owen Wellington Classic, black velvet - for dressage tests only
Charles own j3 skull, black with vents - for everything else that I deem I should partake in! I.e. Schooling!

I have all my old hats too...... And have no clue what to do with them? They are very damaged and old and smell!

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
I have a Charles owen 4 star,
Gatehouse something.. can't remember what!
Champion evolution ventair which I hardly ever use, I like my skull caps!
A velvet hat, can't remember what make it is- it's very nice but looks hideous on me :p
JTE classic

My favourite is the 4 star, so comfy and looks very smart :)

Darremi

Visit site

I tried on the HS1 at an event and I also found it excruciatingly uncomfortable. I actually just don't think it was the right shape for my head.

I have had an AP Mcoy hat for years now. Fits like a dream and it also has the added jaw protection which I think gives you that extra bit of safety. If it's good enough to go round the Grand National I reckon it's the best out there :)

vam

Visit site
I've got a Casco for everyday, fits fab and it super light and comfy. I have got a Protector for jumping and shows, again fab fit and comfy but not as light as the Casco. Im currently on the look out for another hat (navy this time as all the the others are black), tried a Gatehouse conquest but didnt fit and look awful, same with a Uvex that i really liked, so far Samshield seem to be the best fit and i like the look of it on, its just my pocket thats not so keen!

Hedwards

Visit site
Until recently I had a Champion skull, and a Champion velvet fixed peak... but I got a Gatehouse HS1 (black) to replace the champion skull for christmas - I cant wear the charles owen ones dont fit my head. The HS1 is incredibly comfortable, really pleased with it.

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I have a Charles Owen skull and am hoping to get a new hat today as I have been meaning to buy a new one for ages,not for want of trying, I have tried but not found the one I want, hoping to remedy that today, it will probably be another Charles Owen I get

comet!

Visit site
I'm not sure what my everyday hat is, but for competitions I have a black matt Samshield. It's the comfiest hat I've had.

The only downside is that my lorry partition hit me in the head when I had my hat on, and it now has a minor mark on it so if anyone has any recommendations for hiding the mark I'd be very grateful! :)

rara007

Visit site
Charles Owen GR8 for dressage when I think I might fall off :p Charles Owen Fiona for posh and HS1 for jumping/when I'm definitely likely to fall off :p

NU ABO

Visit site
I'm currently in a Gatehouse Air Rider Helmet, which is extremely comfortable and doesn't make your head hot at all.
I'd really like a Gatehouse Conquest, Gatehouse Crystal F1 or Champion Air-Tech at some point though.