Which rug brands would you buy? A Poll

Do you have any tips for me?

• Total voters

lillie07

Visit site
None of the ones in your poll. The only "middle of the road" rugs I would buy (and own two of!) are Mark Todd- I actually prefer the heavyweights to Fal & Horseware
smile.gif

RachelB

Visit site
I wouldn't touch Masta (or Shires for that matter) with a bargepole. Mark Todd fit my horse ok (turnouts only), as do Weatherbeeta (stable rugs only). FAL fit very well (turnout only). I've not tried PE but would be happy to in future with a different horse, but the only turnouts that fit my horse round the front are the Horseware with the V front closure.
If I was buying a new wardrobe for a horse, obviously I'd go with what fits but it would be mostly Rambo (or other Horseware) and FAL. I don't "do" middle-priced rugs, it just isn't worth it.

Chex

Visit site
I work in a tack shop, and we stock mostly WBs. The majority of people want the cheapest options, and don't seem so bothered about quality
crazy.gif
, so try to get around it by ordering cheaper versions (the landa original rather than the freestly for example). I guess it depends on whether your customers are well off or not! Plus WB are easy to deal with, usually deliver the next day and stock lots of different things so its easy to make up orders. We have some mastas but they don't really sell.

Lady_Bug

angelsonhorseback.co.uk
Weatherbeeta for my boy - his wardrobe is all WB - as it fits him well and excellent value for money.

Masta fit my old horse (slightly chunkier IDx) well so she always had Masta rugs, but they rub a bit on my ISH - strange that.

I would like some Horseware or FAL rugs but they are not within my budget at the moment! Haven't had any personal experience but they seem very popular
smile.gif