Whispering Willows and Alternative sanctuary

obie66

Visit site
I shall be taking a trip down at the end of the summer unfortunaly I live in cornwall .Ihave a lot off rugs and more stuff to take down to much to post .Was going to take it to local rescue but seeing how much hate Sandra has to put up with decided to give it to her . The more you hate on them the more people support her thanks for that .

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Well I have to say, as someone who has done a huge amount supporting and helping horse rescue's here in Ireland - and rapidly became very disillusioned with motives, honesty and accountability (not all I hasten to add but sadly a fair few 'rescues') - based on my own research elsewhere, not just this thread on H&H) this particular outfit is akin in almost every way to our infamous lady at AHAR here in Ireland- who still happily rakes in funds from all over the world, but in particular delusional UK followers.

Sorry if this offends anyone - well actually no, I have to be honest not sorry at all, the common denominator with the continued existence and huge money making potential scam of these animal hell holes, is the almost minus IQ level of their devoted followers and defenders!

Leo Walker

Visit site
That said, there is no accountability from them, no accounts, nothing to show that this place is reputable at all. I think that welfare agencies SHOULD take a further interest, so should HMRC.

Trading standards is already involved thankfully. Thats why the foals were chipped.

Obie66 and all the other supporters, where is this hate exactly? You all scream and shout about hate but what you really mean is awkward questions that if answered truthfully would paint WW in a very bad light indeed. Thats not hate.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I shall be taking a trip down at the end of the summer unfortunaly I live in cornwall .Ihave a lot off rugs and more stuff to take down to much to post .Was going to take it to local rescue but seeing how much hate Sandra has to put up with decided to give it to her . The more you hate on them the more people support her thanks for that .

If you have local rescues that could benefit then I’d be inclined to donate your spare items to them, as well perhaps as the cost of travelling up from Cornwall.

I always think that ‘Haters’ is such an odd turn of phrase, often used by those who get wrapped up in the drama of certain situations without really being aware of the truth of these situations.

Your support is to be applauded. But remember, it never hurts to ask questions (or have questions asked), especially of organisations depending on public funding to operate.

‘Rescue’ organisations are routinely discussed on the forum, including the RSPCA (for which most of the forum holds no love). A tremendous amount are found wanting.

The forum also has huge experience of the numerous scammers that have come and gone over the years, almost all increasing the tremendous suffering of the equides they rescued.

So support WW by all means obie66, but also question, observe and learn.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
obie66 I don't know if you have meant to type replies but you are quoting a lot of posts and it is just showing the quote, nothing more.

jofwigby

Visit site
No dear wrong sex for me. ARE you one of her haters do you Think???. Ì hate bullies and what I have seen it pure bullying from a certain group of ppl because they either couldn't get there hands on some ex race horses to make money off or there just hateful ex employees whom Sandra found them out for being what they were also some of these haters are well known for treating there horses abusivly.
As I said as Sandra she is a very open book and will tell you herself unless you are one of the haters
Do you know said ex-racehorse people ? I do. You couldnt meet more professional ladies who would do anything to help any welfare situation not just TBs. All this spite on half a story, about people you know nothing about.

Peter7917

Visit site
Do you know said ex-racehorse people ? I do. You couldnt meet more professional ladies who would do anything to help any welfare situation not just TBs. All this spite on half a story, about people you know nothing about.

I am surprised this woman didn't jump at the chance to allow experienced tb owners to rehabilitate these horses. IMO rescue is not just about getting a horse back in good shape, its also about making that horse well trained and amenable, giving him a job where possible so he has worth. We owe it to our animals to make them sellable, a well trained horse will always find a home.

cundlegreen

Visit site
I am surprised this woman didn't jump at the chance to allow experienced tb owners to rehabilitate these horses. IMO rescue is not just about getting a horse back in good shape, its also about making that horse well trained and amenable, giving him a job where possible so he has worth. We owe it to our animals to make them sellable, a well trained horse will always find a home.
Yes, but there are people out there who chuck a horse out in a field, pat themselves on the back, and say they've rescued it. There is FAR more to horse management than that.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Whilst the RSPCA does frequently get a good drubbing on here, if an equine does get taken to one of its rescue facilities and deemed suitable for eventual rehoming it will be rehabbed and cared for very well. This is very resource intensive, hence they can only take in a few at a time. They do seem to have made some very odd decisions on which equines they will take on and which they will PTS, but the care they give to the ones they take in is superb.

There are too many smaller rescues who may start out meaning well but end up overwhelmed, and the animals in their care suffer.

HairyH

New User
Visit site
I totally agree with you jofwigby, I know these people too, they run a fantastic small rescue where things are done properly, the tb side of things is done under ROR and they spend far more of their own money than they ever get back.
The comment made about it is a classic example of the "fans" blindly believing everything that comes out of this woman's mouth, whereas the truth is if she's inclined to lie like this and stir up "hate" towards these people who truly spend their lives helping horse welfare, what else can she be lying about?

Lexloose

New User
Visit site
The haters are generalized they’re anyone who asks questions, which is the only reason they formed a group, if you ask you get deleted and blocked. Anyone who is concerned with welfare, the control of infectious diseases, the taking illegally of horses from all over the country with no isolation or biosecurity. It’s a private limited company not a not for profit that’s is surviving on public donations. Any deviation from their ethos you are also a hater of course you are all now haters and so is H & H for printing the Scottish article. They’ll probably be telling followers to boycott it now but I doubt they’re readers anyway.

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
They apparently cant work out how to post on here. The comments on the thread are either spewing vitriol or hysterically funny in their failed attempts to work the internet.

Should I get the popcorn in?.... Or are they not going to manage it today?

exracehorse

Visit site
They are currently trying to save some ponies with the most horrendous hooves that have curled up like Aladdin slippers into the leg. Never seen footage like it. The poor poor ponies

honetpot

Visit site
I do not know why people just post simple accounts, if you ‘make’ money however it’s made it has to be declared and accounted for and becoming a ltd company is a simple to protect your personal finances. You could say I do horse rescue, I have a field of ponies nobody wants but they are funded by me. If I was asking for donations I would be happy to present accounts. It costs me £1k in hay each winter I am never going to make money. Like all horses it’s easier to collect them than keep them

Velcrobum

Visit site
FB page seems unavailable via the various links this place has. Wanted to find out a bit more about them/what they are doing, found the owner's FB page but a lot of the content is blocked.