Why do people want to own cobs?

Mrs B

Visit site
Though as my old Dad used to say - a leg each at Christmas. As others have said, plenty of leftovers for later too.

Surely you mean corn IN the cob? No self respecting cob would leave anything edible on the outside.

So you're envisaging a type of stuffing, then? Interesting idea ... maybe with some chopped apricots and a few walnuts added, we might be on to something ... where's Delia when you need her?

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
It's not a good time to ask. Bucket-footed cob may have done a tendon and the vet is struggling to get good enough scans because of the excess hairiness and thick skin - he is very nice but he does keep saying it would be much easier with a TB...

I, on the other hand, am worried that bucket-footed cob may be out of action for a long time or, worse, unable to bravely lead "normal horses" through the doom that is water. or even worse, not come home after surgery to gurn and lick my coat. :(
Famous HHO vibes going your way, hope he recovers xx

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
It's not a good time to ask. Bucket-footed cob may have done a tendon and the vet is struggling to get good enough scans because of the excess hairiness and thick skin - he is very nice but he does keep saying it would be much easier with a TB...

I, on the other hand, am worried that bucket-footed cob may be out of action for a long time or, worse, unable to bravely lead "normal horses" through the doom that is water. or even worse, not come home after surgery to gurn and lick my coat. :(

Sorry to hear your cob is lame - what sort of surgery is he having?

Mule

Visit site

Fingers crossed for him x

GTRJazz

Visit site
Impressed with our cobs ground work not to be confused with his ability to make good circles but when he falls over. I crashed him jumping and he was happy to be upside down with all four pointing towards the sky until I kicked him to get my foot back.Then with the loaner last week he tripped the sand and fell on his knee then flat out and would have laid there all day if he had not had a tow up.

Merrymoles

Visit site
Sorry to hear your cob is lame - what sort of surgery is he having?

Not sure yet - more scans and xrays and nerve blocking on Monday to establish exactly where the problem is, thick skin permitting! Then surgery to explore further if these are inconclusive. In the meantime, I need to get the feather off his other back leg which is also now being scanned for comparison purposes...Bucketful of sedative needed but the advantage of cobs is that they will eat anything!

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
I’ve heard a rumour Shilasdair is publishing the “Cooking with Cobs” book on dawdible.

Download now. Most are slow cook recipes easily listened to whilst plodding around the village on your “hack”.

Order now for Christmas and get your free set of dinner plates. (All natural real cob hooves, biodegradable and from renewable sources)

Mule

Visit site
What fortuitous timing, I was just trying to think of gift ideas ?
I’ve heard a rumour Shilasdair is publishing the “Cooking with Cobs” book on dawdible.

Download now. Most are slow cook recipes easily listened to whilst plodding around the village on your “hack”.

Order now for Christmas and get your free set of dinner plates. (All natural real cob hooves, biodegradable and from renewable sources)

JFTDWS

Visit site
I also feel morally duty bound to remind you all that even cobs shouldn't fall over frequently under saddle (or otherwise) and if they do, you should probably investigate further...

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Ah ha I have it - you are Emma Thompson in real life (She has warned us we will soon be eating our pets ? due to climate change ) .... well us cob owners are going to be just fine ? that’s why you really need a cob???

I feel almost embarrassed to say that I think my cob may have actually lost weight recently. ? I’ve not clipped and he’s been naked bar a rain sheet yesterday when the field resembled a bog after all that rain. I fear he may not feed an entire village for the duration of the winter. ?

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I feel almost embarrassed to say that I think my cob may have actually lost weight recently. ? I’ve not clipped and he’s been naked bar a rain sheet yesterday when the field resembled a bog after all that rain. I fear he may not feed an entire village for the duration of the winter. ?
Have you checked there isn't anybody sneaking in and eating bits of her via liposuction. Xmas is coming and it's handy to have a source of cob fat to do the roasties in.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Not sure yet - more scans and xrays and nerve blocking on Monday to establish exactly where the problem is, thick skin permitting! Then surgery to explore further if these are inconclusive. In the meantime, I need to get the feather off his other back leg which is also now being scanned for comparison purposes...Bucketful of sedative needed but the advantage of cobs is that they will eat anything!

Fingers crossed lass.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Have you checked there isn't anybody sneaking in and eating bits of her via liposuction. Xmas is coming and it's handy to have a source of cob fat to do the roasties in.

Good lord, hope they don’t mind all the Danilon! I think it may be due to all the head tossing and door kicking when I turn up. ‘Food lady! I haven’t eaten for all of 2 seconds when my haynet ran out! Feed me now!’

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Why indeed ?

The first two attachments doesn't look too weird, most hooves aren't too far from the ground, but in the third one I could have sworn I saw cross-country jumping. Hm, perhaps my eyes is still suffering from a bit of morning fogginess, or perhaps I need to polish my glasses...
**Wanders off to other HHO areas wondering if a cob doing cross-country could be a sign of the world finally having lost all sense and reason**

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
The first two attachments doesn't look too weird, most hooves aren't too far from the ground, but in the third one I could have sworn I saw cross-country jumping. Hm, perhaps my eyes is still suffering from a bit of morning fogginess, or perhaps I need to polish my glasses...
**Wanders off to other HHO areas wondering if a cob doing cross-country could be a sign of the world finally having lost all sense and reason**

It's photoshopped, FL.

albeg

Visit site

It is 2020. Anything could happen.

Roxylola

Visit site
Who said pigs cant fly ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200902-094409_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200902-094409_Gallery.jpg
    535.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20200902-094348_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200902-094348_Gallery.jpg
    596.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20200902-094220_Gallery.jpg