Why do people want to own cobs?

Littlelegs

Visit site
Long tails full of dreadlocks & tangles with random twigs stuck in aren't usually attractive, but they fit in with the general image of a cob.

tilly49

Visit site
Well this got my attention!! I own a Clydesdale x maxi cob and she is fab. She will compete at dressage, jump and do x country upto 2'9, hack on her own and she is defiantly not 'slow, fat, hairy or lazy'!!!

storm123

Visit site
i have an appaloosaXcob and he is insane. hes the fastest horse i know and remains unbeaten at the yard. hes jumped 5ft with me, and is the best in the hunt, he leads and doesnt give up. he is a true inspiration.

JackAT

Visit site
Q:What is fat, round, has a hairy chin, is clumsy, bargy, rude, untrainable, inelegant, farts a lot and eats you out of house and home?

A: Your mother-in-law

:D

Ok, so I'm a newbie who has fallen into the cob-thread trap. But that couldn't go unnoticed!! :D

elijahasgal

Visit site
Economical. huge sense of humor. Clever. Great for the smaller rider, usually great first horses. Usually pretty rock solid. But do like to proove to you that they are in charge and only do what they choose to for you!
I ride a friends one, he is very entertaining! Helping her find her way to get the best out of him :D

Auslander

Visit site
There is now a cob living on our yard. Lowers the tone terribly. I'm going to wait til everyone else has left and take the clippers to it. Hairy legs and beards? Not on my watch...

Auslander

Visit site
Mine has the most ridiculous beard known to man. I swear it's about 8 inches long :eek:

So does mine in winter -despite being in no way, shape or form - a cob. I have a zero tolerance approach to facial hair, so it comes off the moment it starts sprouting

JFTDWS

Visit site
So does mine in winter -despite being in no way, shape or form - a cob. I have a zero tolerance approach to facial hair, so it comes off the moment it starts sprouting

I like it. It saves digging out headcollars. Just grab the beard and tug :D

You've cracked - you let him drive the Landrover. Didn't you?

He couldn't fit his fat arse in the seat :cool:

I think the GPS just ins't that accurate :D

Mongoose11

Visit site
Oooh good work JFTD! Olivia has been officially GPs'd at 29 miles an hour but I know she has gone faster. Perhaps there should be an official Summer competition? Fastest time clocked wins the coveted title of 'Fastest Frikkin' Cob' 2013?

Mongoose11

Visit site
Ouch, Auslander! You bi**h! Out on a hack I'll have you know. I would never take food up to her field, the fencing wouldn't cope - she'd go straight through it to get to the bucket! :)

JFTDWS

Visit site
Oooh good work JFTD! Olivia has been officially GPs'd at 29 miles an hour but I know she has gone faster. Perhaps there should be an official Summer competition? Fastest time clocked wins the coveted title of 'Fastest Frikkin' Cob' 2013?

Sorry but fat arse isn't eligible - he is actually intentionally bred and not by ****** :cool: :D

JFTDWS

Visit site
Get out of here, he's practically Aberdeen Angus, y'know :mad: Prime rump steak. Costs a small fortune and best served rare. Very, very rare...

JFTDWS

Visit site
Fine then, you can make steak from his "meaty" bits (as it were :eek:) but also flog the less interesting parts for haggi making :p

He can't manage the veg (bad vet :eek: ) but he can defo provide the meat ;)

I'm keeping his skin though - I'm going to have him stuffed and mounted on a trolley for in hand showing :D

numptynoelle

Visit site
He can't manage the veg (bad vet :eek: ) but he can defo provide the meat ;)

I'm keeping his skin though - I'm going to have him stuffed and mounted on a trolley for in hand showing :D

Excellent idea - I loved that video that was posted on here ages ago of a woman doing a dressage test on a hobby horse. I may join in if I can find a beast to stand still for long enough to stuff....ooooh, *remembers which thread she's posting on* bet I could find a bone idle cob that would be good for stuffing, and to be honest, would anyone notice the difference? :rolleyes: :p