Why do people want to own cobs?

Auslander

Visit site
Gulp... they could take off you know... that's all we need. Jangly jingly cobs trotting about causing musical earthquakes wherever they may go...

But could you hear the jingling over the unearthly din that those big old soup-plate feet make as they clatter along?

Maybe cowbells would work better

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Depends if they are barefoot or not I guess... Cowbell sized cob charms would only be required if a cob were wearing rsj's for shoes...

Auslander

Visit site
Ive been thinking about some of the cob-ist comments on this thread, some of which have been made by me. I feel very ashamed of my behaviour, and by way of an apology to all the hairy cob owners, I would like to offer a free service, using my new toy that arrived today.

1b7c961a-144a-4c90-a70d-7f7dfe1924a4.jpg

Yes - you're reading this right. I am offering my services to remove all those mite infested feathers, whisk away unsightly beards, and obliterate those damnable moustaches. Pretty generous offer huh?

I'll have to bring my petrol strimmer too. Had I thought about this earlier, I would have ordered some slightly more robust trimmers, but I was planning to use them only on Alf, who has the merest hint of silky smooth fluff around his chin and ankles

Goldenstar

Visit site
Ive been thinking about some of the cob-ist comments on this thread, some of which have been made by me. I feel very ashamed of my behaviour, and by way of an apology to all the hairy cob owners, I would like to offer a free service, using my new toy that arrived today.

Yes - you're reading this right. I am offering my services to remove all those mite infested feathers, whisk away unsightly beards, and obliterate those damnable moustaches. Pretty generous offer huh?

I'll have to bring my petrol strimmer too. Had I thought about this earlier, I would have ordered some slightly more robust trimmers, but I was planning to use them only on Alf, who has the merest hint of silky smooth fluff around his chin and ankles

Oh yes I need you round at mine on Monday , My errrr sports cob ( smothers giggles ) is going in public next weekend so heavy duty hair removal is due for Monday if I shave him within an inch as his life and put him on a rack to stretch his legs ( I have been watching the Tudors , oh those men in doublets oh I digress ) I might be able to show myself in public without extensive surgery to hide my identity some might say that extensive surgery is necessary any way ( sad sigh )
And brace cob haters he's going to a competition.
So he will be a sports cob so there .

Auslander

Visit site
if I shave him within an inch as his life and put him on a rack to stretch his legs I might be able to show myself in public without extensive surgery to hide my identity.

With all the hair I remove, I could weave you a matchy matchy balaclava, just to be on the safe side

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
Omg, cc darling, you are not supposed to actually admit that you have one!!!!!!!!! 😧

Shhhhhh..... 🙊

its ok, being a cob owner I have no taste, am totally insensitive to nasty comments and am FAT. :D:D As someone said earlier though owning a cob has one great advantage, it's almost impossible for my bum to be bigger than my horse's.:D

SueL

Visit site
I will never understand it.
They are fat, lazy, hairier than Bigfoot, and usually bad tempered.
Their paces are so stilted, that they look as though they've had their legs tied together, which gives the rider a nasty jolty ride.
I suppose I can understand riding schools having them, for the scaredy novices, but once you can rise to the trot, surely you'd buy a decent blood horse, or at least a Warmblood?
Your thoughts?
S :D

Not sure of other people's reason but mine is that I hate perfect post and rail fencing ! Luckily for me I have 2 cobs whose main aim in life is to scratch their ample cobby bottoms on it.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site

I concur, you're gonna need to breakout the strimmer for my creature!

its ok, being a cob owner I have no taste, am totally insensitive to nasty comments and am FAT. :D:D As someone said earlier though owning a cob has one great advantage, it's almost impossible for my bum to be bigger than my horse's.:D

Why only this morning, I was admiring my cob's huge rounded bum!

Not sure of other people's reason but mine is that I hate perfect post and rail fencing ! Luckily for me I have 2 cobs whose main aim in life is to scratch their ample cobby bottoms on it.

Mine has rubbed so hard on his stable wall that he has separated it from the floor, creating a massive gap through which even his huge bum would fall five feet to some very surprised chickens. :eek: He is in temporary accommodation :eek:

[100855]

Visit site
................'cos there's not many horses you could do a ride and lead with a labrador from and walk straight through middle of the London to Brighton 10 ish mile mark yesterday on the start of a 6 mile hack :)

Beausmate

Visit site
................'cos there's not many horses you could do a ride and lead with a labrador from and walk straight through middle of the London to Brighton 10 ish mile mark yesterday on the start of a 6 mile hack :)

You ride a Labrador? :eek:

Only slightly less ridiculous than riding a cob. Less embarrassing too.:p

JFTDWS

Visit site

Well, labradors are the cobs of the dog world, so at least you're consistent :D

Goldenstar

Visit site
Just thought I would report in clipping is done and I have enough fluff for that doublet so will spin that later we are just getting the rack ready so We can lengthen the legs , I am thinking four inches should be plenty .

JackAT

Visit site
I'm currently on a placement where I have to get to a district general hospital by bus every morning, and the bus drives through an equestrian area every morning.

In one of the fields is a section A, a TB, some sort of warmblood looking thing, and a big fat hogged piebald cob.

I'm posting this from the bus because I've just gone past, and in the past three days, the cob has:

1) Escaped (we all know most likely broken into) the owners garden and was midway through digesting the once pristine lawn.
2) Barged through electric fencing into the longer greener grass. (No doubt being reserved for hay making)
3) This morning I've just seen it slobbed out asleep whilst the rest of the herd is up and about. I know horses often take it in turns to lie down and sleep (natural selection and all that), but it just tickled me to see the shape it made on the floor whilst everyone else was active!

Almost at hospital now, morning all!

Alec Swan

Visit site
Well, labradors are the cobs of the dog world, .......:D

I've never really thought about it, but you're right. We've a neighbour who has a huge yellow labrador, and it's a revolting creature. Starting at the back, and working forwards, it has a tail which is permanently aloft, which reveals a pink and brown speckled anus the size of a saucer, a pair of nadgers hanging down to its hocks and a huge willy with an apparent and permanent "drip" on the end of it. Moving forwards, it has a pair of cabriolet front legs and it's huge grinning and stupid face has its tongue permanently hanging out with an expression of permanent bewilderment.

On the rare occasion when it meets my rather refined cocker bitches it stands over them, sort of air-humping, despite the fact that it gets nowhere and ignoring the fact that none of the bitches are in season, and when I have a protective and dominant collie dog with us, even a determined attack doesn't put the idiot off, he thinks it's all a game.

"Bertie" has little to recommend him.

Alec.

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
I've never really thought about it, but you're right. We've a neighbour who has a huge yellow labrador, and it's a revolting creature. Starting at the back, and working forwards, it has a tail which is permanently aloft, which reveals a pink and brown speckled anus the size of a saucer, a pair of nadgers hanging down to its hocks and a huge willy with an apparent and permanent "drip" on the end of it. Moving forwards, it has a pair of cabriolet front legs and it's huge grinning and stupid face has its tongue permanently hanging out with an expression of permanent bewilderment.

On the rare occasion when it meets my rather refined cocker bitches it stands over them, sort of air-humping, despite the fact that it gets nowhere and ignoring the fact that none of the bitches are in season, and when I have a protective and dominant collie dog with us, even a determined attack doesn't put the idiot off, he thinks it's all a game.

Alec.

Oh dear you have started something now, you will have all the Labrador fans and owners screaming insults at you. I have owned three labradors and they are delightful dogs but there again I am a cob owner too. I no longer have labradors and have now got two very cool, well behaved, well trained springers. Does that mean I will eventually come to my senses and swap my Welsh cob for a WB or TB and become a better person?;)

Beausmate

Visit site

Alec.

I laughed til I cried at that description!

Fat yellow labs always remind me of The Mogue in Will-o-the Wisp