Why do people want to own cobs?

Naturalhorse

Visit site
Maybe because cob owners are too scared to ride 'proper' horses :p
Hi,
as a cob owner I will say that my girl has strides smoother than the thoroughbred I ride, is not small and is so responsive that if you kick she will gallop, you only need to squeeze! You could never call her lazy and she is really beautiful has won shows and stuff in the past.

Naturalhorse

Visit site
I will never understand it.
They are fat, lazy, hairier than Bigfoot, and usually bad tempered.
Their paces are so stilted, that they look as though they've had their legs tied together, which gives the rider a nasty jolty ride.
I suppose I can understand riding schools having them, for the scaredy novices, but once you can rise to the trot, surely you'd buy a decent blood horse, or at least a Warmblood?
Your thoughts?
S :D

oooh that post is going to get some angry responses.....

however..... I cant stand them either, send them all to france and eat them! Mabe thats why they are named after a bread roll.... destined to be a burger! Sorry cob owners - I dont like fat hairy sloth horses either!

SLOTH???!!!!
WHAT DO YOU MEAN? My cob is BEAUTIful, light, pretty and floats rather than walks! She is NOT fat either!

Naturalhorse

Visit site
I will never understand it.
They are fat, lazy, hairier than Bigfoot, and usually bad tempered.
Their paces are so stilted, that they look as though they've had their legs tied together, which gives the rider a nasty jolty ride.
I suppose I can understand riding schools having them, for the scaredy novices, but once you can rise to the trot, surely you'd buy a decent blood horse, or at least a Warmblood?
Your thoughts?
S :D

I think that all these cob-fanciers are forgetting to use the phrase "relatively speaking" in their posts...
I think all these cob haters are forgetting to use the phrase 'relatively speaking' in there posts.

Naturalhorse

Visit site
the posts belong to them as they deigned to elaborate on their opinions the spelling, punctuation, and grammar were all completely correct as the english grammar rules of possesion apply. Hope that helps. xxx
PS the comma before and, an oxford comma. :)

Auslander

Visit site
Oh thanks for letting me know, skinny chicken legs with hooves the size of cups or muscly legs, hooves like plates and beautoful feathers!

I do worry about his chicken legs, and his tiny little feet - the poor spindly thing

14570416_10154976722215730_4716415296185499123_n.jpg

Mister Ted

Visit site
True, but they can have also a beautiful nature which is very comforting for novice riders.I love the gypsy cobs with their fantastic manes and lovely gentle and patient way they have with people and they are also very clever.