Why do people want to own cobs?

Natch

Visit site
Oh I get it. Using baby seal cubs to club cobs. Got it. Yes, I can see that is much less of an animal welfare issue ;)

lily1

Visit site
Horses for courses! There are plenty of good cobs about I don't think they can all be labelled as fat, lazy & hairy. A few years ago coloureds were a no no but look how successful they are in every aspect of the sport.

Natch

Visit site
The cob went to the vets one day with a bony prominence which was affecting his breathing.

The vet examined him and declared him the picture of health.

"But what about this?" exclaimed the cob, pointing out the bone in question. "This can't be right can it? its making me choke!"

"Nothing to worry about dear lad" said the vet. "Its your Coffin' Bone."

:D

Natch

Visit site
The motorist sped past the two cobs on the road, and grinned to himself, thinking it was about time horse riders were realistic about other motortists' needs, and that the names they had called their cobs were realistic, if a bit cruel.

The riders' tabbards stated: "Please Pass Wide and Slow"

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
The motorist sped past the two cobs on the road, and grinned to himself, thinking it was about time horse riders were realistic about other motortists' needs, and that the names they had called their cobs were realistic, if a bit cruel.

The riders' tabbards stated: "Please Pass Wide and Slow"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhahahahhahahhhaahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Tremendous Naturally!!!!!

Cadfael&Coffee

Visit site
I am not sure i would want to take a cob, clubbing............
I mean, think of the damage to the dance floor. :eek: :D

You do make an exellent point.

Let's just eradicate them and take the TBs instead- their feet barely touch the floor so it's all good :-D

Plus rob would look divine in uv paint and glow sticks...

Ah yea, I feel a rave coming on!!!

tallyho!

Visit site
Haha- so now we know the scientific definition between cobs and tbs...

The TB is the smiley raver type, and the cob just crashes into the middle and lands on everything...

Now I think about it, it all makes sense!!!

:D :D :D

LMHO!!!

Yup! :)

The warmbloods can be found in the chillout lounge, and the ponies are upstairs breakdancing to Tynchy Stryder.

Hannahbelle83

Visit site
SHILLS OMG U R SO TOTALY SELFISH YOU DONT NO NOFING ABOT COB THEY RULE AND WOT DO U RIDE THE DEVILS HORSE? BET ITS A SKINNY FOROBRED WOT CANT EVEN KEEP SOUND INNIT OVER BOGGY GROUND NO BUT YER BUT NO UR OUT OF ORDER

DIS IS ME ON MA COB AYEEEE!
VickyPollard.jpg

Hahahahahahahahaa this makes no sense at all, hahaha!

I don't usually like cobs, but there is one at our yard that is stunning! But Esther, my horse is 16hh, so you must not like it eeek!

Shall we say a "proper competition" is an Olympic level sport?

I must say this is brightening up my Friday afternoon.:D

JFTDWS

Visit site
My cob would definitely rather be at home with a good book and a nice cup of bovril... The pony would definitely be trashing the floor trying to break dance though ;)

Liviaa'x

Visit site
Why would people not want to own cobs? :p

I used to loan a cob. He was hogged, clipped legs and hairy-ish :p I could sit underneath him, walk to arean no leading him, jump reinless, leave stable door open whilst getting things ready and plonk little children on my knee whilst riding.

People have their own opinions, I'd rather have a calm cobby type than a fizzy WB type..

I LOVE COBS! :D

tallyho!

Visit site
Not bein' funny but.............................................................................................

I saw a cob the other day. I nearly bought it.

LOL:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Natch

Visit site
woah... I posted so late into the conversation and see that we are way past what I posted about and onto jokes. Damn. Must read faster.:rolleyes:

Hey but good on you, not many are making a spirited attempt to read through 110 pages, which STILL doesn't provide an answer to the original question. ;) :D

daydreambeliever

Visit site
Is this post nearly ready to try out for the Guinness world records yet, for the most replies and views and not forgetting the most mentions of wonderfull cobs? :D:D:D

Also longest running forum post.

moodymare123

Visit site
I don't think many cobs are actually concerned about being stereotyped.
Besides, they're too stupid to read. Not like my Tb who always responds with extravagant backing up when we meet a 'SLOW' sign in the road.
S :D

aree you sure it isnt scared of the sign? ;)
if that was a cob it would "extravagantly" walk past it without a second look ;)

friesianfan69

Visit site
Absolute rubbish ( if its not tongue in cheek ).
I owned a cob and she was a lovely big paced ride for her 14.3hh, she was placed every time out normally red or blue.
And she was the sharpest pony ive ridden yet.

tallyho!

Visit site
Absolute rubbish ( if its not tongue in cheek ).
I owned a cob and she was a lovely big paced ride for her 14.3hh, she was placed every time out normally red or blue.
And she was the sharpest pony ive ridden yet.

I bet she was a tb cross or something. Cobs don't WIN things!!!! :D

brownie_1995

New User
Visit site
My cob is not fat, lazy or hairy in anyway! In fact he is the best horse i've ever rode. Safe on the ground and to ride! Does everything a warmblood would do but scaled down! He jumps a course of 3ft with ease, hunts, x country, dressage ect.... why have a heated tb/warmblood when you can have a cob what you know is safe :)