Why have your chosen your forum name for HH?

Ommadawn

Visit site
From the title of an album by Mike Oldfield (Tubular Bells) which I grew up listening to as my Dad is a big fan! Although it is an instrumental album there is a folk type song at the end called 'On Horseback', which is about how being on horse back is better than anything - 'Big brown beastie, Big brown face; I'd rather be with you than flying through space'.

I also read more recently that the word 'ommadawn' may be a kind of anglicized version of the gaelic (I think) word 'amadan', which apparently means 'idiot'!

I think the name is appropriate for a number of reasons :)

And although I don't have a horse, I think it would be a great name for one when the time comes - so hands off!

FanyDuChamp

Visit site
Was going to use Sausage, Fany's nick name or Captain but they were gone so tried Fany Du Champ and it was available. I checked on NED and she is the only one with her name, tbh I am not surprised :p:D

FDC

Doormouse

Visit site
Doormouse was a very special foxhound who loved parading and always stole sweets and ice creams from children at shows!

My avatar is a hound called Malvern who was also a great character. Could often be found autumn hunting munching on bits of dead pheasant instead of doing his job!

SmartieBean09

Visit site
My Fiance's surname is Smart so when I was pregnant, we called our baby Smartie Bean (until she was born that is lol!). She was born in 09 hence SmartieBean09. Not horsey and have often thought about changing it but kind of used to it now. Wasnt something I thought too much about when registering with HHO TBH.

nosenseofdirection

Visit site
Because every time I have a lesson (which admittedly isn't very often), instructor says 'track right' and I go left, or vice versa. Sometimes, by the law of averages, I get it right...

kickandshout

Visit site
because its the best advice i was given whilst going through a sticky patch showjumping.
probably ought to be 'andthefastestfourfaulteris. . .' now
just a phase hopefully.

brighthair

www.wannabeadressagediva.wordpress.com
from a film (adapted from a book)

Bright Hair

and the poem used in the film by John Donne (extract below)

A bracelet of bright hair about the bone,
Will he not let us alone,
And think that there a loving couple lies
Who thought that this device might be some way
To make their souls, at the last busy day,
Meet at this grave, and make a little stay?

a_e_d

Visit site
I joined when I had Andy, hence emmandandy. Changed to a_e_d after the Christmas name change. I lost Andy last year and it didn't feel right to change my name completely but I did want to acknowledge the gorgeous new boy in my life. So my new name is short for Andy, Emma, and Dixie.

Smitty

Visit site
It was what a friend of mine called my little terrier. His name was Smiffy (not available) when I got him from Many Tears, I called him Smith (not available, not even with figures on the end!) and I never knew whether she thought Smitty was his real name or not!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Mine is pretty obviously where I live.

Tried loads of others at first but they were all taken so chose it when all other ideas ran out.

tweedette

Visit site
I studied/worked with a guy for 5 yrs he was nicknamed old tweedcoat by some people in mag articles, one article said I was now his long lost daughter and referred to me as tweedette - it stuck