Why is Thunderbrook still in business???

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
I’m grateful for the heads up. I’m baffled by the claims re cancel culture. I don’t see it that way at all. Many people have ethics as part of their decision making in terms of where to spend their money. Actively seeking to support businesses that behave responsibly and ethically. Or to avoid businesses with more dodgy practices. TB is in a different league of ‘unethical’. Give my cash to a bullying, aggressive sexual predator? Er, no thanks.

SadKen

Visit site
I wasn’t aware previously. I normally would insist on a conviction before treating someone as guilty, but clearly there won’t be one in this case. If there is clear recorded evidence, it’s now up to buyers to decide whether they want to support a) this man’s lifestyle by buying the products his business makes and b) by extension support his mechanism for sexual abuse.

I looked at thunder brooks when I moved my ailing mare barefoot due to lami and navicular. It was too high in NSC across the range. I’m surprised other barefoot fans feed it on that basis.

Sossigpoker

Visit site
I wasn’t aware previously. I normally would insist on a conviction before treating someone as guilty, but clearly there won’t be one in this case. If there is clear recorded evidence, it’s now up to buyers to decide whether they want to support a) this man’s lifestyle by buying the products his business makes and b) by extension support his mechanism for sexual abuse.

I looked at thunder brooks when I moved my ailing mare barefoot due to lami and navicular. It was too high in NSC across the range. I’m surprised other barefoot fans feed it on that basis.
It's not exactly low in sugar and I also struggle to understand what's so special about it.
Never mind the supporting a sexual predator when you buy that crap.

Last edited:

Sossigpoker

Visit site
Someone told me recently that a big local feedshop has stopped stocking it. Nothing to do with the sexual predator stuff, they were just too awkward to deal with apparently.
From what I've heard of their so-called service this doesn't surprise me

cobsandbassets

Visit site
What are the alternatives please? Low cal (two very good doers including an escape artist mini); readily available; no alfalfa ( one intolerant) no garlic ( one sweet itch pony) and palatable. Have tried honey chop and most others but unfortunately they thrive on Thunderbrooks so I'm using it.

Sossigpoker

Visit site
What are the alternatives please? Low cal (two very good doers including an escape artist mini); readily available; no alfalfa ( one intolerant) no garlic ( one sweet itch pony) and palatable. Have tried honey chop and most others but unfortunately they thrive on Thunderbrooks so I'm using it.
Allen and Page Fast Fibre is fantastic- very low in starch , sugar and calories, available pretty much everywhere, no alfalfa or garlic and my cob certainly loves it.

If you have good doers, why would you feed something that's not exactly low in sugar ?

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Emerald green meadow magic, a few places including simple systems do a Timothy chop, Agrobs do a few chaffs though maybe not the musli which on the edge of what you'd feed a laminitic.

cobsandbassets

Visit site
Allen and Page Fast Fibre is fantastic- very low in starch , sugar and calories, available pretty much everywhere, no alfalfa or garlic and my cob certainly loves it.

If you have good doers, why would you feed something that's not exactly low in sugar ?
Will try the Allen and Page. They only get a token feed and the meadow nuts are very versatile. The mini only gets a handful of chaff so as not to be left out.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Bumping this old thread as Thunderbrooks has apparently recently changed hands. Hope that this is good news for those of us who were potentially interested in their products, but who were very dubious about the ethics of the previous management.

Organic and herbal horse feed brand Thunderbrook has been acquired by Pavo, ForFarmers’ organisation in the equine sector.

Last edited:

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Bumping this old thread as Thunderbrooks has apparently recently changed hands. Hope that this is good news for those of us who were potentially interested in their products, but who were very dubious about the ethics of the previous management.

Organic and herbal horse feed brand Thunderbrook has been acquired by Pavo, ForFarmers’ organisation in the equine sector.

That's interesting. I used to use it and stopped, mostly off the back of all this.
When my horse came back from my friends who's cared for him recently I wanted to stick to the same feed as he's now used too, at least at first and it included Healthy Herbal Chaff.
So i bit the bullet and figured maybe just one bag to switch him off it slowly but thought it was really quite nice. Its also now easier to get hold of by me. I'd quite like to keep using it really!
I dislike SS Timothy Chop, the horses dislike Honey chop and Top chop
I'd feel better about using it if i was lining someone elses pockets!