Worst part of horses?

Antw23uk

Visit site
At the moment the worst part is not being 100% sure that getting another one is the right thing to do even though a cracking handsome boy is just up the road and waiting for a new home :( Thinking that maybe being horseless is better than being a horse owner! :confused: :eek:

LittleMonster

Visit site
The worst parts for me:

- Bitchyness, you can never do anything without someone commenting
- Know it alls, that actually don't know that much about you or the horse but think they do.
- Expensive, knowing il never have my own which i have always dreamed off.
- Working with them, you never earn enough money when working with them even though they are a forunte to keep.
- PTS, i cried when my hamster died i could never imagine loosing my dog and i would be there but i think it would crush me
- Bad back, not being able to ride due to a bad back.

I love smelling of horses i dont care what people think least i am happy!
Don't mind being covered in mud,

Rebels

Visit site
Mud!
And losing them , especially young and made worse by people telling you why you shouldn't have PTS your broken, deteriorating pony like it was a spur of the moment decision!

Crazycob06

Visit site
Vet bills.

Tossing up who gets your time OH, kids, ponies.

Not ever having enough money/facilities.

This!

I'm lucky, I really have no mud at my livery yard! :eek:
This is my first horse and she is young so I have never had to go through the pts and hope not to for a long time!

I hate the snow more than anything! It makes everywhere yucky and slippery, my mare hates it and acts up big time and if its bad enough then no hacking :(

Uliy

Visit site
The broken bones! :eek:
And forcing yourself to get up to do them after a night out...

Perhaps I bring these things on myself! :eek:

Equestria

Visit site
Slippery mud, getting hay all over me when I fill the nets up and getting horsefood all over my hand when I have to mix it (I lost my wooden spoon :c) and then having to wash it off with freezing cold water.
Oh, and having all of the other horses in the field follow me about when I'm trying to bring my pony in!

olop

Visit site
I hate the mud!
And I also hate how horses seem to bring out the worst in some women, the sport seems to attract the bitchy kind :(

mturnbull

Visit site
I don't mind the mud, hayledge, money, smell or anything else for that matter.
The worst part is? They can't talk! I just wish my boy could tell me what bit is wrong with him. I cannot cope with him being lame with no 'reason' and I'm sure he is as fed up as me with it and with us trying to investigate it!

Tnavas

Visit site
Mud, poo picking and loose hair - everything else that goes with owning a horse is fine.

Can't do much about the mud but harrows and clipping out help with the other two hates!

Burmilla

Visit site
Cold. Wet. Mud. The feelings of "if only I wasn't so . . .useless/old/tired/thin/rubbish at whatever" which get worse the colder,wetter and muddier I get. Needless to say, this endless winter has not been good!
Being skint all the time. Having to work 50 hr weeks to keep the horse in the manner I believe he should be kept - the best of everything and loads of turnout and a fun, mixed work/life balance!

Sukistokes2

Visit site
I think it's just the bad days, when you ride like a gimp and/or the horse just isn't playing ball, and you got home stinking and tearful and wondering why you spend hundreds of pounds to feel like a miserable failure :(

I'd take any amount of mud or moulting hair over that! :p Good job the good bits make up for it :D

OMG! You just described my weekend!!!!! :)

Maz55

Visit site
the heartache of being told you can never ride your horse again and constantly worrying about them...:(