Worst thing the cat's done.

smolmaus

Visit site
We are channeling the spirit of Gary here too
4e2woijl.jpg

You wouldn't even know i had another cat, its always Marnie!!!

Michen

Visit site
No evidence of the crime but having just arrived back on Monday from holiday and having picked up the dog (who the cat adores).. out of spite for us leaving him he decided to piss on her brand new Sophie Allport dog bed.

Here he is looking smug as the poor dog had no where to lie.
9F4D70FE-8A7B-49A8-A5AD-5BFC02CDF630.jpeg

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
AC has just raced from the kitchen, clutching a piece of brocoli in his mouth as OH Is using some for cooking. AC then makes for his "den" complete with his piece of brocoli. I then chase AC as he runs back and forth behind the sofa as out of principle, no way is he having that brocoli, plus his tummy has been dodgy lately.
I finally seize hold of AC, who proceeds to hiss and squeal as OH removes the brocoli from his mouth!!

Edit- apparently the piece of brocoli was dropped on the floor, hence its seizure by AC!

He did the same with one of OH blackjack sweets earlier when he got up to answer the door, fortunately he was caught a lot quicker, however maybe I should have let him eat it as they're rank!

Funnily I was cooking yesterday, including carving the turkey, some of which the cats have been having, and AC did not get on the surface once as he was growled at as soon as he locked onto the unit! Think AC knows who let's him get away with his antics

AC also seems to have squashed PD...

Screenshot_20201230-180320_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
My two are currently being horribly spoilt. We had a bad time just before Christmas when they both drank / licked something caustic and burnt the inside of their mouth. Our female (Shelly) was only mildly affected, but her brother (Ginger) was much more serious and had to spend some time at the vets as he was in a lot of pain and couldn't eat or drink. I thought we might lose him for a short time as he developed a nasty infection. Then Shelly managed to injure a back leg and was badly lame, luckily nothing serious. They are both fighting fit again now, but after 2 years of robust good health it was a bit of a shock.

They are now getting constant fussing, being allowed to stay in the house overnight, and getting a diet of mostly dreamies and posh tinned food. Usually they get basic dried food and only come in the house for brief periods when on their best behaviour, but they are basically ruling the house at the moment.

Ginger is currently sleeping on the sofa with my OH, cat has most of the sofa, OH is balanced on the corner and the dog is sitting on the floor glaring jealously at the cat. Shelly has just demanded some of my daughters crisps and bitten her hand when she was told no. They are going to be impossible after another week of this.

Enjoying full access to the sofa:

BothCats.jpg

Keeping an eye open for more dreamies in the kitchen:
Shelly.jpg

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
9752CE84-A6C5-4BDF-9282-D3EC8D1112C0.jpegLet me set the scene. Teddy wakes me up by sitting on my neck and chest. Mabel senses I am awake and comes to join and lies next to me (the lighter blurry fluff). I try and take a cute photo of them together at which point Mabel decides to wind Teddy up by licking his face to which he retaliates by biting her face (gently, they only play fight) and they both go into full on play mode. Remember Teddy is on my neck so I get their combined weight of around 20kg pressed down on my neck and chest and of course Teddy has now engaged his claws which are now in my neck skin.

Not the relaxing morning (sharer has Rosie today) I had envisaged.

Teddy is now sulking because breakfast is late and Mabel is resting her head on my pregnant bloated tummy ❤️ Mabel is forgiven, Teddy has some work to do.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Baffles me how he’s not got a glass stuck on his head yet :oops: of course none of the 5 water bowls in the house are good enough, only the water from my glass will do.
View attachment 63328

First rule of being a cat: whatever it is, it tastes better when it's stolen. Preferably from a human.

HashRouge

Visit site
I love reading this thread! I want to add my parents' cat, Stan, to the list. He's not actually that naughty compared to a lot of the cats on this thread, and he's so cute and cuddly that he gets forgiven pretty much anything. But oh my goodness is he injury prone. To give you an example - in September, there was the abscess:

IMG-20200905-WA0003.jpg

That required a trip to the vet as it needed draining. He gets a LOT of abscesses, always on his face. The vet says it's probably from fighting (so maybe he is naughty?). This is one of the least gruesome ones he's had, I've got some really disgusting photos of an abscess he had a few years ago where it looked like he had a big chunk missing from his face. No-one needs to see that though, it was gross!

Then at the end of November there was the mystery leg wound. No-one knows how he did it or what caused it, but it was very deep and needed stitching under GA. He had to go to a different vet as our normal one had run out of oxygen apparently. So he was back in the collar, with a big bald patch to boot:

IMG-20201206-WA0003.jpg

In the time we have owned him, he has had: more abscesses than we can count (which usually require a trip to the vet for draining and sometimes antibiotics); a broken leg which needed plating after he got hit by a car; the mystery leg wound; a mystery lameness; plus assorted other scrapes and minor injuries, including a chipped tooth and a notch out of his ear. The only reason he is still allowed outside is because he goes nuts if you try and keep him in, especially in the summer!

He is also a grub monster. It's really not fair that he's white! Exhibit A is a particular favourite:

A5733696-BBBD-4B9A-B9EE-2D29890259CB.jpeg

Exhibit B I think is very stylish. He looks quite piratical (nb he is not grey and white!):

964F6399-03DD-45BA-B94D-AEE012D7701F.jpeg

And because he's adorable:

IMG-20201026-WA0007.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20201106-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20201106-WA0001.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 0

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
Baffles me how he’s not got a glass stuck on his head yet :oops: of course none of the 5 water bowls in the house are good enough, only the water from my glass will do.

Since his enforced "box rest" Ginger has discovered he loves my herbal tea and will stick his head in the mug to try and drink any dregs left, as well as licking the discarded tea bags. He hasn't got stuck yet, but has knocked the mug over on numerous occasions (luckily so far no damage done).

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
Since his enforced "box rest" Ginger has discovered he loves my herbal tea and will stick his head in the mug to try and drink any dregs left, as well as licking the discarded tea bags. He hasn't got stuck yet, but has knocked the mug over on numerous occasions (luckily so far no damage done).
Haha maybe it has mint in it so he thinks it's catnip!

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site

Mine drinks regular tea. If I leave mine unattended, I come back to my desk to find my cat with her head in the mug, slurping away.

It surely can't be good for her,!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I love reading this thread! I want to add my parents' cat, Stan, to the list. He's not actually that naughty compared to a lot of the cats on this thread, and he's so cute and cuddly that he gets forgiven pretty much anything. But oh my goodness is he injury prone. To give you an example - in September, there was the abscess:

View attachment 63342

That required a trip to the vet as it needed draining. He gets a LOT of abscesses, always on his face. The vet says it's probably from fighting (so maybe he is naughty?). This is one of the least gruesome ones he's had, I've got some really disgusting photos of an abscess he had a few years ago where it looked like he had a big chunk missing from his face. No-one needs to see that though, it was gross!

Then at the end of November there was the mystery leg wound. No-one knows how he did it or what caused it, but it was very deep and needed stitching under GA. He had to go to a different vet as our normal one had run out of oxygen apparently. So he was back in the collar, with a big bald patch to boot:

View attachment 63343

In the time we have owned him, he has had: more abscesses than we can count (which usually require a trip to the vet for draining and sometimes antibiotics); a broken leg which needed plating after he got hit by a car; the mystery leg wound; a mystery lameness; plus assorted other scrapes and minor injuries, including a chipped tooth and a notch out of his ear. The only reason he is still allowed outside is because he goes nuts if you try and keep him in, especially in the summer!

He is also a grub monster. It's really not fair that he's white! Exhibit A is a particular favourite:

View attachment 63344

Exhibit B I think is very stylish. He looks quite piratical (nb he is not grey and white!):

View attachment 63345

And because he's adorable:

View attachment 63347

One green eye one blue! That's not that common in cats, it's it?