Worst thing the cat's done.

HashRouge

Visit site
One green eye one blue! That's not that common in cats, it's it?
I think it tends to be white cats that have it, but I'm not sure. With Stan it's the reason we have him - our neighbour used to Foster kittens for the CPL and my sister and I used to go and play with Stan and his siblings from about 4 weeks old. It was the school summer holidays and I kid you not we went every day for hours! There were 3 kittens, all pure white with blue eyes and very hard to tell apart. When their eyes changed colour, his brother and sister's eyes both changed, but one of Stan's stayed blue. When our neighbour said we could have a kitten we picked Stan because he was easy to tell apart!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I think it tends to be white cats that have it, but I'm not sure. With Stan it's the reason we have him - our neighbour used to Foster kittens for the CPL and my sister and I used to go and play with Stan and his siblings from about 4 weeks old. It was the school summer holidays and I kid you not we went every day for hours! There were 3 kittens, all pure white with blue eyes and very hard to tell apart. When their eyes changed colour, his brother and sister's eyes both changed, but one of Stan's stayed blue. When our neighbour said we could have a kitten we picked Stan because he was easy to tell apart!

Is he deaf on his blue eye side?

White cats with blue eyes are often deaf and I'm sure I read that if a white cat has odd coloured eyes, they are likely to be deaf on the side with the blue eye and have normal hearing on the non-blue eye side.

HashRouge

Visit site
Is he deaf on his blue eye side?

White cats with blue eyes are often deaf and I'm sure I read that if a white cat has odd coloured eyes, they are likely to be deaf on the side with the blue eye and have normal hearing on the non-blue eye side.
We don't really know - people have mentioned it to us before but I don't know how we'd test it. He has good hearing though - if he's out and about and you holler his name out of the front door he generally comes running! Sometimes it takes him a while to arrive so seems like he's been a way off and still heard you. He's an absolute gem honestly, I just adore him!

smolmaus

Visit site
How dare you think so little of him that you only put them on a door!! ??

Duke finally got himself INTO the fridge today and thus into this thread. Then hid from me for half an hour for saying NO. He acts like I've come at him with a machete ?

Hes also been knocking fathers washing off the radiator but that's just funny
ORgjsAil.jpg

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
She leaves whatever she catches on my pillow while I'm asleep...also one day she let a live bat loose in my bedroom while I was sleeping.
In her favour though, one morning I woke to a piece of Xmas cake on my pillow which I think she had stolen off a neighbour's bird table.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Just got back from the vets with AC, who as I had my suspicions, is indeed partially sighted in one eye.

This does not however affect AC quest to fully embrace being an Alley Cat, I'd got some bread out ready to have beans on toast, pop into the living room, go back in the kitchen, AC was also fancying some bread, he's rather partial to bread based products.... I waved the box of flea treatment I was conveniently holding at him!

A shredded strawberry toy was also found in AC "den" Monday, he'd suspiciously disappeared to the den and been in there a while, they would be why!

Also does anyone else have a problem with their OH feeding way too much? Ac was prone to upset stomachs, I had my suspicion he was being over fed and nearly died when I saw how much PD was given in a serving. I have since put AC on adult food with digestive kitten biscuits as it may be the richness of the kitten food.

However rather coincidental since I've started measuring the food (I'm mean and don't feed him enough apparently) touch wood his tummy had been better! I use a scoop like you do horse food but obviously cat sized. Also funny how the vet said he was a good weight/ condition yet I'm the mean nasty harsh one who starves the poor.AC ?

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Teddy somehow (I’m almost impressed) brought in two mice at the same time today. I managed to herd one into a bag whilst the other one was chased around the house by teddy. Went to release mouse 1 and went back in the house to find mouse 2. Couldn’t see it anywhere. Then teddy left the house via the back door (which is in our lounge). I locked the door and cat flap behind him and then watched as he jumped around the garden chasing ANOTHER mouse. Now this could have been mouse 1 that is maybe thick as anything and decided to re enter the garden of death. Or it was maybe mouse 2 that made a bid for freedom whilst I was rescuing mouse 1. Either way that mouse met it’s end by the time I got my shoes on and got to it.

THEN an hour later I found mouse 3 dead behind the tv. Now this could be mouse 2 and he never made it out and wasn’t the mouse being eaten in the garden. Or this is a mouse that’s potentially been there days and I haven’t seen it. Who knows.

AND THEN a few hours later whilst watching tv something catches my eye and it is mouse 4 running along the wall. I manage to catch it (Teddy was in a strop upstairs so this mouse is obviously a Teddy survivor from a previous killing spree, who knows when) and release it outside in the woods at the end of our garden.

and to finish off the evening he’s just brought in mouse 5.

How, other than keep him inside forever can I put him off bringing in mice. This is in addition to the 3-4 mouse intestines I find on a weekly basis.

Oh and just to provide balance, Mabel is also on the naughty list for burying her pigs ear...under my pillow. Which now smells like pork.

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Teddy somehow (I’m almost impressed) brought in two mice at the same time today. I managed to herd one into a bag whilst the other one was chased around the house by teddy. Went to release mouse 1 and went back in the house to find mouse 2. Couldn’t see it anywhere. Then teddy left the house via the back door (which is in our lounge). I locked the door and cat flap behind him and then watched as he jumped around the garden chasing ANOTHER mouse. Now this could have been mouse 1 that is maybe thick as anything and decided to re enter the garden of death. Or it was maybe mouse 2 that made a bid for freedom whilst I was rescuing mouse 1. Either way that mouse met it’s end by the time I got my shoes on and got to it.

THEN an hour later I found mouse 3 dead behind the tv. Now this could be mouse 2 and he never made it out and wasn’t the mouse being eaten in the garden. Or this is a mouse that’s potentially been there days and I haven’t seen it. Who knows.

AND THEN a few hours later whilst watching tv something catches my eye and it is mouse 4 running along the wall. I manage to catch it (Teddy was in a strop upstairs so this mouse is obviously a Teddy survivor from a previous killing spree, who knows when) and release it outside in the woods at the end of our garden.

and to finish off the evening he’s just brought in mouse 5.

How, other than keep him inside forever can I put him off bringing in mice. This is in addition to the 3-4 mouse intestines I find on a weekly basis.

Oh and just to provide balance, Mabel is also on the naughty list for burying her pigs ear...under my pillow. Which now smells like pork.
??? I don’t know if this will be good news obac but Pushka brought in 13 live mice in less than 3 weeks, we found all of them except the one that crawled behind the books in the bookcases and died. The smell eventually led us to the body ?

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
You story reminded me of when my cat had brought a mouse in and it had hidden where I couldn't find it. Only found it when one day I got up to find the kitchen absolutely full of bluebottles and realised they were coming out from behind the washing machine where the mouse had died.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
The sponge seems to have disappeared.... either OH has thrown it away by mistake or SOMEONE has taken it.... I've searched the den and behind the sofa but can't see it.... usually it goes in the cupboard on an evening but we forgot!

OH now calls PH Devil Cat as she apparently tried to "kill him" the other day as she knocked the knob of the gas hob into the on position in the process of jumping on the counter! I now have to put a tupperware pot over the dials on an evening