Worst thing the cat's done.

Michen

Visit site
To get upstairs in my cottage is a door off the sitting room. Bob used to have run of the house and sleep on my bed but frankly he’s irritating so I now shut the door. He attempts to run upstairs at any opportunity.

He is now sleepy peacefully after succeeding and going straight into my spare room to pee on the new goose down duvet.

CEA7F802-16C2-4E77-B544-C8BA779C35E0.jpeg

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
To get upstairs in my cottage is a door off the sitting room. Bob used to have run of the house and sleep on my bed but frankly he’s irritating so I now shut the door. He attempts to run upstairs at any opportunity.

He is now sleepy peacefully after succeeding and going straight into my spare room to pee on the new goose down duvet.

View attachment 68205

That's him getting his revenge on you - if you let him in your room, he wouldn't have peed on the duvet! ?

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
View attachment 68205
They KNOW when something is new. All our blankets are gross as they’re used to cover the sofas in winter when Mabel is permanently muddy. I treated myself to a new blanket from Zara home and I was so proud of it. 5 mins later Mabel has chewed it. She’s hasn’t chewed anything since she was teething!!! And hasn’t chewed anything since because nothing is new and/or expensive.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Teddy has just come strutting in with the tiniest little mouse hanging from his mouth. Before I could run and grab a box to catch the poor thing in (still alive) Teddy triumphantly released it where it ran behind the fridge. He's now standing guard and my weak little pregnant body can't move the fridge to get to it and OH is on an important work call.

I was just talking to OH about how many mouse carcasses we will find when we strip the house to move in a few months, think we can add another to that tally. Who catches mice in the middle of the day?! Shouldn't they be asleep in their little mouse homes.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
As usual, Tabitha's "worst crimes" are pretty tame by this thread's standards.

I tried to set up a photo using a basketball; I put the ball on the flagstones in the winter garden thinking she would notice it and start to either sniff at it or try to bat it about, but instead she just trotted straight past it to come to fuss around my knees.

IMG_9117_cropped_resized.jpg

She eventually noticed the ball and batted it behind the olive tree, but I wasn't quick enough to get a picture. I threw the ball outside and managed to get one last shot, but the light was fading so a slow shutter just shows a blur of tabby fur going for it.
IMG_9119_cropped_resized.jpg

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
77BA9CD1-1287-4AA5-9416-C517A312CBEF.jpegNo one pulls off Evil Mastermind quite like Ted does.

Mouse update: I eventually managed to save it but being on my hands and knees crawling about at 5 months pregnant was not enjoyable. I managed to catch it in a box of porridge oats which readers of YCBM’s cupboard thread will know I have a box of washing detergent infused oats. Sadly this was my normal box. So non bio cotton fresh infused oats for breakkie tomorrow.

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
View attachment 68271No one pulls off Evil Mastermind quite like Ted does.

Mouse update: I eventually managed to save it but being on my hands and knees crawling about at 5 months pregnant was not enjoyable. I managed to catch it in a box of porridge oats which readers of YCBM’s cupboard thread will know I have a box of washing detergent infused oats. Sadly this was my normal box. So non bio cotton fresh infused oats for breakkie tomorrow.
Ted you really are pulling off the EM look!
Hope you’re OK obac and it’s no bad thing you’ve had to give up the infused oats ?

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Ted you really are pulling off the EM look!
Hope you’re OK obac and it’s no bad thing you’ve had to give up the infused oats ?
My favourite is when unbeknownst to me he's sitting in my office chair and I turn it around to sit in it and there he is in all his evil mouse murdering glory.

Thanks, I'm fine really but if OH asks I'm really sore and need a back massage and some icecream...

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
View attachment 68271No one pulls off Evil Mastermind quite like Ted does.

You can almost see him, rubbing his hands together, plotting ?

You can almost picture him in the background, smirking at the fact he's made you crawl around on the floor, despite being 5 months pregnant! What did he do during your crawling around trying to rescue the mouse?!

Last edited:

Rumtytum

Visit site
Our cat has taken to jumping out the first floor window. :oops: Ive seen her do it twice now and suspect twice more.
My cat Tigga used to do the same. One day when I was about to go through the front door (below the window) I looked up to see Tigga looking down at me.... he hit me square in the chest, I was floored and winded, he strutted off ?

Rumtytum

Visit site
Spot the cat... He managed to pull the front of the box out just far enough to squeeze in. Then proceeded to get VERY cross when he could only pull it further IN from the inside and therefore couldn't escape...View attachment 68324
Those teeth and claws, he is OUTRAGED ?

SEL

Visit site
Our cat has taken to jumping out the first floor window. :oops: Ive seen her do it twice now and suspect twice more.
My neighbours cat used to jump from the garden fence onto my 1st floor narrow windowsill and into the bedroom. They had baby twins at the time and the cat did not approve. Left the same way with just a pile of ginger hair on my bed as evidence.

Michen

Visit site

Mine does this too. He did it as 5 month old kitten (which scared the c*** out of me and led to me being obsessive about windows) and now does it regularly. He actually jumps out, comes back in and upstairs just to jump out again. I just let him get on with it tbh.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
DB caught and killed a juvenile squirrel. At least he was eating it outside... only once he ate the body he brought the head in and carefully placed it on the living room rug so it was stood up on its severed neck resulting in a blood stain on the rug.

Bad cat. :(

Attachments

• Dragons Bane squirrel.jpg
    Dragons Bane squirrel.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
It’s become a part of my morning ritual that I come downstairs, let Mabel out, do Mabel and Teddy’s breakfast and then scour the lounge and dining room for mouse carcasses.

Gave teddy a well done pat for not bringing any in last night and settled down for my 7am Pilates class. Pilates done (and for once, with no “help” from Mabel or Teddy) and went to yard to sort pony. Came back 40 mins later to a dead mouse placed neatly in the centre of my Pilates mat.

Rumtytum

Visit site
It’s become a part of my morning ritual that I come downstairs, let Mabel out, do Mabel and Teddy’s breakfast and then scour the lounge and dining room for mouse carcasses.

Gave teddy a well done pat for not bringing any in last night and settled down for my 7am Pilates class. Pilates done (and for once, with no “help” from Mabel or Teddy) and went to yard to sort pony. Came back 40 mins later to a dead mouse placed neatly in the centre of my Pilates mat.
I’ve always said cats have a sense of humour. Usually at the expense of a human ?

Pippity

Visit site
DB caught and killed a juvenile squirrel. At least he was eating it outside... only once he ate the body he brought the head in and carefully placed it on the living room rug so it was stood up on its severed neck resulting in a blood stain on the rug.

Bad cat. :(

My old cat single-pawedly did his part to keep down the local squirrel population.

Thankfully, he devoured pretty much the whole thing and never brought them inside. However, he did like to keep the tails to play with. Clearing out the garage of squirrel tails was a weekly task. It was a good week if there were fewer than three.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
My old cat single-pawedly did his part to keep down the local squirrel population.

Thankfully, he devoured pretty much the whole thing and never brought them inside. However, he did like to keep the tails to play with. Clearing out the garage of squirrel tails was a weekly task. It was a good week if there were fewer than three.

Oh wow! He must have really liked the taste of squirrel.