Worst thing the cat's done.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Ragdolls have a habit of appearing silently.

I've just got in from work. Was speaking to OH in the lounge (having greeted PD on my arrival back.)

I Stepped backwards, unfortunately into/ potentially on a hand of PD who had appeared silently behind me, staggered backwards nearly falling into the TV, potentially knocking PD in the process.

PD sets off at a brisk trot in indignation, I then pursue her round the living room for about 3 laps as she was so offended that I dare bump in to her, so I could apologise!!

Shes now plotting her revenge, glowering resentfully having followed me upstairs!!!

Screenshot_20210331-171137_Gallery.jpg

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Ragdolls have a habit of appearing silently.

I've just got in from work. Was speaking to OH in the lounge (having greeted PD on my arrival back.)

I Stepped backwards, unfortunately into/ potentially on a hand of PD who had appeared silently behind me, staggered backwards nearly falling into the TV, potentially knocking PD in the process.

PD sets off at a brisk trot in indignation, I then pursue her round the living room for about 3 laps as she was so offended that I dare bump in to her, so I could apologise!!

Shes now plotting her revenge, glowering resentfully having followed me upstairs!!!

View attachment 68830
Yes from that look I think you are going to pay for it....?

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
PD has developed a habit of, if you're not up when she thinks you should be, devising ways to get you awake

It started with flicking a metal cat ornament, so it pinged
Then bashing a painting back and forth against the wall
Or flicking ornaments off the book case
Or rolling the TV remote so it rocked, making a noise on the wooden unit
Or pinging the Lindt Bell I'd put round the neck of a quite heavy China cat ornament

She will look at you in bed as she's doing it, to check she's having an affect

Today she reached New heights - not satisfied with rocking the TV remote and being removed from the book case, as I knew exactly what her intentions were, she sent the fairly heavy China cat ornament crashing to the floor! So of course it made a nice thud! Fortunately not broken. I thought she used her arm and swept it to the floor, but OH thinks she picked it up in her mouth and let it drop!!

It's the way she watches you while she's in action, to check she is getting the desired results!

I did think she was plotting yesterday! She was sat and you could almost see her brain working out what to come up with next!

Not from this morning, but managed to get a photo of her one morning, checking she was having her desired results!

Screenshot_20210411-170043_Gallery.jpg

She is now of course, sleeping soundly!

Screenshot_20210411-170058_Gallery.jpg

Annoyingly on her first round of disturbance today, OH got up and fed them to shut her up ? thus probably rewarding the disruption making, so of course she will now be intelligent enough to work out disruption does work and get her servants out of bed!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
PD has developed a habit of, if you're not up when she thinks you should be, devising ways to get you awake

It started with flicking a metal cat ornament, so it pinged
Then bashing a painting back and forth against the wall
Or flicking ornaments off the book case
Or rolling the TV remote so it rocked, making a noise on the wooden unit
Or pinging the Lindt Bell I'd put round the neck of a quite heavy China cat ornament

She will look at you in bed as she's doing it, to check she's having an affect

Today she reached New heights - not satisfied with rocking the TV remote and being removed from the book case, as I knew exactly what her intentions were, she sent the fairly heavy China cat ornament crashing to the floor! So of course it made a nice thud! Fortunately not broken. I thought she used her arm and swept it to the floor, but OH thinks she picked it up in her mouth and let it drop!!

It's the way she watches you while she's in action, to check she is getting the desired results!

I did think she was plotting yesterday! She was sat and you could almost see her brain working out what to come up with next!

Not from this morning, but managed to get a photo of her one morning, checking she was having her desired results!

View attachment 69580

She is now of course, sleeping soundly!

View attachment 69579

Annoyingly on her first round of disturbance today, OH got up and fed them to shut her up ? thus probably rewarding the disruption making, so of course she will now be intelligent enough to work out disruption does work and get her servants out of bed!

What a great cat! :D

Kasper also does the looking at me to check I'm doing the right thing, thing. ;) If he wants something, he finds me and pats my leg. He then walks off in the direction that he wants me to follow but after a few steps he stops, turns and stares at me until I come or he decides that I need more instruction. If he decides on the latter, he comes back and this time instead of gently patting me, he prickles me with his claws, walks off a few steps and checks I'm following. So far we haven't got beyond the prickling stage... I'm too well trained to do his bidding. :p

DirectorFury

Visit site
We had roast chicken for dinner yesterday, and OH stripped the carcass and left all the meat on a plate on the worktop while it cooled and we ate. After about 30 minutes I realised that the elderly (23? this year) Siamese was suspiciously inconspicuous, and also that the kitchen door was ajar rather than properly closed.
(We all know where this is going!)

I assumed the cat would be sat on the floor looking plaintively at the chicken as she's not so good at jumping these days. Nope. I went into the kitchen to see one Siamese, stood on the worktop, looking *very* proud with herself, with a nearly empty plate in front of her :mad:. And then, to add insult to injury, as I picked her up to put her on the floor the little barsteward bit me!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
We had roast chicken for dinner yesterday, and OH stripped the carcass and left all the meat on a plate on the worktop while it cooled and we ate. After about 30 minutes I realised that the elderly (23? this year) Siamese was suspiciously inconspicuous, and also that the kitchen door was ajar rather than properly closed.
(We all know where this is going!)

I assumed the cat would be sat on the floor looking plaintively at the chicken as she's not so good at jumping these days. Nope. I went into the kitchen to see one Siamese, stood on the worktop, looking *very* proud with herself, with a nearly empty plate in front of her :mad:. And then, to add insult to injury, as I picked her up to put her on the floor the little barsteward bit me!

Could tell the minute you said the Siamese was "slightly inconspicuous" where this was going!! Apparently its the same with children, if they're quiet for a slightly suspect length of time it's never good!!

She clearly wanted her roast dinner and was most put out at being disturbed, hence the biting!

23 is a great age though, have you got any photos of her?

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
What a great cat! :D

Kasper also does the looking at me to check I'm doing the right thing, thing. ;) If he wants something, he finds me and pats my leg. He then walks off in the direction that he wants me to follow but after a few steps he stops, turns and stares at me until I come or he decides that I need more instruction. If he decides on the latter, he comes back and this time instead of gently patting me, he prickles me with his claws, walks off a few steps and checks I'm following. So far we haven't got beyond the prickling stage... I'm too well trained to do his bidding. :p

Oh she's certainly smart, I can tell she is from the checking she's getting her desired result, then changing the objects she works! Sounds like Casper has you very well trained and PD will be wanting tips at this rate ?
OH always says "oh Gary would never do that" yes that's probably because the AC is somewhat lacking in the brain cells department! He's very soft with him, AC now almost instantly responds to my "cross" voice and scrapers!

Very un PC but AC had developed a nasty habit of chewing and shredding the oven gloves. Food must have got on them at one stage and despite them being washed, AC deemed them to be there for his shredding. It is not good for him to be doing it, nor any need for it. He's quite sly when he does it, fortunately I caught him the other day with them, so picked them up and bashed him with them and got after him!

We now have new oven gloves as I was fed up of being burnt on the open hole!!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Bernard loved shredding cardboard boxes, the only way to stop him was to keep them locked away from him. Any box he had access to was fair game in his mind and so didn't last long (especially as he knew we'd stop him, so speed shredding became a thing).

Cats! The naughtier they are, the more we love them (I find). :D

Ah see cardboard boxes wouldn't be QUITE so bad, as they are usually for recycling. Bernard looked a right character, you've told us some stories about him, he certainly was a naughty brown cat!

DirectorFury

Visit site
Could tell the minute you said the Siamese was "slightly inconspicuous" where this was going!! Apparently its the same with children, if they're quiet for a slightly suspect length of time it's never good!!

She clearly wanted her roast dinner and was most put out at being disturbed, hence the biting!

23 is a great age though, have you got any photos of her?
She likes to sleep in the radiator (she fits between the two panels on the wide top bit ?) so I’d just assumed that’s where she was! Won’t be making that mistake again, she’s refused to eat anything today if it wasn’t roast chicken and that could get expensive quickly!

This was the little rat bag after her chicken feast last night, she’s greyed out loads on her points that used to be black - her legs are starting to grey out too which looks a bit weird :p
861797BD-0572-426A-8173-5AD23CCACC69.jpeg
And sunbathing with the dog in her late afternoon sunspot
81E0FF6D-782D-4534-89C1-5C623BC746C1.jpeg

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
I spoke too soon.

Enjoying a relaxing Pilates session this morning and in he comes soaking wet from the snow and proceeds to use me as a towel.

Then as I was lying on my side doing leg raises he decided my foot was the latest best toy and started attacking me. At one point I was lifting him off the ground as he hung on to my foot.

Then obviously Mabel had to get involved.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Teddy has outdone himself.

Our garden morgue now contains a small wild (I have been obsessively checking our local fb group about any missing pets ?) rabbit.

I can only assume it is not in the house because it would not fit through the cat flap.

Trust me, they can get a nearly full grown one, alive, through a cat flap if they want. I found it one morning hopping up the hallway.

Even more amazing as our car flap is actually a double, one on either end of a tunnel through a thick wall.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
She likes to sleep in the radiator (she fits between the two panels on the wide top bit ?) so I’d just assumed that’s where she was! Won’t be making that mistake again, she’s refused to eat anything today if it wasn’t roast chicken and that could get expensive quickly!

This was the little rat bag after her chicken feast last night, she’s greyed out loads on her points that used to be black - her legs are starting to grey out too which looks a bit weird :p
View attachment 69623
And sunbathing with the dog in her late afternoon sunspot
View attachment 69624

Shes obviously got the taste for luxury, and won't be conned out of it with boring cat food!!

She looks rather smug with herself!

NinjaPony

Visit site
Very pleased with herself after a happy hour spent howling and scratching outside the door during a very important meeting, followed by attempts to leap onto the laptop when I gave up and let her in the room because the noise was actually more distracting than just letting her in. Of course, as soon as the meeting was over she disappeared out of the room I was trying to keep her out from, and went for a lovely quiet nap. Cats!!
DEA1ED9D-32D0-4860-A114-7BEE12A616E0.jpeg

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Very pleased with herself after a happy hour spent howling and scratching outside the door during a very important meeting, followed by attempts to leap onto the laptop when I gave up and let her in the room because the noise was actually more distracting than just letting her in. Of course, as soon as the meeting was over she disappeared out of the room I was trying to keep her out from, and went for a lovely quiet nap. Cats!!
View attachment 69787

Of course she needed a nap, after all that hard work!

smolmaus

Visit site
Repeatedly smacking her brother for no reason then running, screaming very loudly and hiding under me to avoid all retribution.
JoLzfCVl.jpg

I know who started it Marnie! You're not smart enough to do it where I cant see you!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
View attachment 69787

British Short Hair? I don't know what it is about that breed in particular with lying on their backs.