Worst thing the cat's done.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Ouchies smolmaus. Hope you thoroughly cleaned those!

Teddy decided to join in on Pilates today by alternating between sitting on my laptop right in front of the camera (pilates is on zoom at the moment for obvious reasons!) and sitting at my feet trying to claw his way up my leg. Oh and getting into a fight at 6am this morning underneath our bedroom window and setting Mabel off.

smolmaus

Visit site
I did my best while on a morning work call so I wouldn't say proper wound care procedure was followed to the letter ? but they all bled plenty so hopefully I won't catch a blood disease

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
I did my best while on a morning work call so I wouldn't say proper wound care procedure was followed to the letter ? but they all bled plenty so hopefully I won't catch a blood disease
I'm normally a splash of water and bit of soap kind of girl but someone I know just had a very very close shave with an infected dog bite so for once I am on full first aid mode!

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site

Hope the water, and bleeding, worked, and that it heals without problems. {{{{{{Vibes}}}}}}

I've had my fair share of scratches by our cats through the years, and never had any problems. Until that one time a cat tooth pierced the skin somewhere in/around a joint at the base of my right thumb. Even though I did clean it with wound cleaning stuff, I still ended up with an infection. :(
Had to see my GP, who prescribed medication, and gave me strict instructions to preferably not move the thumb until the infection was better.

Then a nurse bandaged the hand, wrapping together all the other four fingers completely, but the thumb sort of by itself, and only partially wrapped, so basically the only finger I could move on that hand, was the thumb. :rolleyes:
In hindsight it would had worked better if she'd wrapped the thumb together with the index finger. But I tried using the right hand as little as possible, and thankfully the medication helped.

Had scratches afterwards without a problem, but that one definitely gave me a good reminder aboout what trouble their teeth, and claws, can cause. Again, I hope you end up okay.

Hope the scared cat is also okay.

smolmaus

Visit site
Oh dear. I greatly respect nurses as a profession, doing the Lord's work, but yikes ?

She is fine! She was just up on the counter near the sink and I went to lift her down as she spooked herself nosing at dishes in the drying rack so she thought a tupperware monster was trying to eat her. Just TERRIBLE timing. I have been bitten and scratched by enough creatures over the years that the natural instinct to just throw them away from you is very broken so I probably made it worse for myself making sure she made it safely to the ground lol

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Which do we think will taste better? Ragdoll casserole, roast Ragdoll, or Ragdoll stew? ?

I had a bad night's sleep anyway, it was then made even worse by P. DREADFUL bashing the metal blind against the window, flicking ornaments off the book case so they crashed on the floor and I think clawing at the bed. She often works her way round the room, another favourite is flicking a frame a painting is in back and forth against the wall, so it thuds away. She then looks at you to ensure you are fully disturbed. If the disturbances isn't deemed good enough, she moves on to another object she thinks will cause greater disturbance!

So tired this morning and have 6 pages of notes to type up from a meeting

Oh- just found she's also puked up a furball, obviously in disgust at my ignoring her!

Shes now come for a cuddle and is purring away! Fortunately I'm having a rare day wfh rather than the office, though do have to listen to OH hee hawing away (doesn't even sound like they are proper meetings just socials ?)

Last edited:

pistolpete

Visit site
Our rescue feral Milly who we acquired in 2000. Millennium Milly! Pooped in my husbands motorbike leathers! She also used to see on us when we were asleep in bed at night. Less gross but unpleasant used the bath as a litter tray regularly. Had chronic cat flu and used to fire snot all over the house up the walls etc ?. She was 2.5ks and a fireball. She adored my son. Best cat ever! So much character but a dirty sod!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Our rescue feral Milly who we acquired in 2000. Millennium Milly! Pooped in my husbands motorbike leathers! She also used to see on us when we were asleep in bed at night. Less gross but unpleasant used the bath as a litter tray regularly. Had chronic cat flu and used to fire snot all over the house up the walls etc ?. She was 2.5ks and a fireball. She adored my son. Best cat ever! So much character but a dirty sod!

We used to have a snot firer too, you practically had to follow her around with a wetwipe.

This morning OH delivered my tea then said he had to go back downstairs to clear up an epic spread of cat sick in the utility room. One of those days when I'm glad we lock them up most nights!

Last edited:

ycbm

Visit site
cKSwc0fl.jpg

Yes this is MY FACE

Ow! I have a nice scar on my chest from when a cat that was sitting on me was suddenly scared by something and did 0 - 90 across me. It isn't as dramatic as it looks, it just healed with no pigment in it. I hope yours heals well.

20210501_080732.jpg

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
My cat is very neat, clean, and easy to have in the house. However, about 2 weeks ago I noticed some loose poo in his litter box. Just one, but I decided to keep a close eye. The next day in the bathroom, he stands on the mat outside of the shower, looks at me, then let 'er rip. Diarrhea right on the mat. Ok, point taken, you don't feel well.

Of course this was Sunday morning when I was getting ready to go drive the horse to horspital for his tooth extraction that would take place the next next. And my dog was also lame ?‍♀️ cat was still eating, drinking, and otherwise acting normal so I decided to just bring him to the vet first thing Monday morning.

However, cat hasn't had diarrhea again. So no vet intervention needed, I think it was a particular can of food that set him off. He also talks pathetically when he's not feeling well. First time he has poo'ed out of his litter box though.

Years ago he looked me square in the eye and peed on OH's gym bag. Went right to the vet (since abnornal for him) and he had crystals in his bladder. So yep, he let's me know when he's ill.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Glad your cat's feeling better now CC. Cat diarrhoea is horrible to clear up too. I hope the dog is sound now and that the horse tooth extraction went well. :)

Thanks. All 3 had to cause mischief at once.

The cat was fine the next day, so I think something in the can of food he had maybe? The dog just had a torn piece of pad, possibly due to it being so rough and dry here. Got some cream, socks, and boots. She's now normal. Horse is also fine. Fortunately all 3 issues cleared up well. Such timing they had though ?‍♀️

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
A “worst thing I’ve done because of something bad the cat has done”post

I was in bed last night and heard the familiar sounds of Teddy bringing in a mouse (OH telling him off, telling off Mabel for barking, the sound of him opening the dedicated cupboard for mice catching tuppaware and then the sound of Teddy growling at OH getting too close) and what did I do? Roll over and go to sleep. Glorious.

BUT...OH got his sweet revenge when he came up at 3am and woke me up to ask me to get a tick off Mabel.

Going shopping in Oxford today with my friend and I might just accidentally take OH’s card as punishment.

ycbm

Visit site
Live bird in the lounge yesterday, pretty little thing I didn't recognise. I should have got a photo before letting it out. Dead starling last week, I was cross about that one, we have tons here but they don't normally catch them if I judge by what we find in the house, which are mostly rodents.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Live bird in the lounge yesterday, pretty little thing I didn't recognise. I should have got a photo before letting it out. Dead starling last week, I was cross about that one, we have tons here but they don't normally catch them if I judge by what we find in the house, which are mostly rodents.
I find finding dead birds so much sadder than dead mice. I don’t know why as I find mice very cute too but there’s something about a tiny little bird ?

Michen

Visit site
Bob celebrated mine and peppers return by releasing not one, but two live mice into the house.

One died of shock but the other I think will live!

I can’t be annoyed at him though when he puts up with this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Bob celebrated mine and peppers return by releasing not one, but two live mice into the house.

One died of shock but the other I think will live!

I can’t be annoyed at him though when he puts up with this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That’s so so lovely! Here it’s the other way round. The lab has to endure daily face washes, particular attention to the eyes which he closes patiently ?

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Not cat but Mabel...

Gone to visit in laws up t'North. They're not really dog people but have learnt to like Mabel. Mabel isn't usually allowed to visit because they are very proud of their garden, sofas, house in general but I think as we are moving up here they've accepted Mabel comes as part of the deal so she was invited this time and they even went out and bought her some bits and bobs which was very nice.

Mabel had a thorough clean, nails trimmed, brought a big thick blanket to put over the bed in case she jumps up. Thought we've covered all avenues for mess.

What do I wake up to this morning? Blood.

OF ALL THE TIMES TO GET YOUR SECOND SEASON MABEL.

smolmaus

Visit site
Not cat but Mabel...

Gone to visit in laws up t'North. They're not really dog people but have learnt to like Mabel. Mabel isn't usually allowed to visit because they are very proud of their garden, sofas, house in general but I think as we are moving up here they've accepted Mabel comes as part of the deal so she was invited this time and they even went out and bought her some bits and bobs which was very nice.

Mabel had a thorough clean, nails trimmed, brought a big thick blanket to put over the bed in case she jumps up. Thought we've covered all avenues for mess.

What do I wake up to this morning? Blood.

OF ALL THE TIMES TO GET YOUR SECOND SEASON MABEL.
My sympathies to Mable. It's always the night before you go on holiday!! Or in my case I haven't had a Christmas without blood in 4 years ?

As an update to my post above RE: we now have cats in the bedroom whether we like it or not, I woke up to Miss Marnie snoozing very cozily on my pillow this morning. She had arranged herself so that I didn't even know she was there. So sweet, what a good child. I close my eyes again...

I feel 4 claws very delicately and very deliberately placed ON MY EYELID. False alarm, NOT a good child.