Worst thing the cat's done.

Cloball

Visit site
I don't know that I would be particularly thrilled with the present - King Kevin Kat ate anything that he killed al fresco. Nothing like fresh meat, Dhaaaarlings!
The late lamented Burmese used to drag his live feathery prey in through the little porthole in the wheelhouse. Then murder them and eat immediately. No need to cook - they were still warm.
Nature red in teeth and claw, and all that!
Oh no M is a special little psycho he likes to slowly torture and play with his victims, give them the hope they might have escaped and then present them to me/OH. He does eat some and leaves a neat little piles of entrails and some mouse shaped blood spattered on the walls.... It's a good job my job is gorey.

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Fröjdis current earthworm count: 4

This evening's one was a really long one, biggest one she's caught so far. Fully alive, and wriggling.

Oh, and earlier today she lost a living gift in my dad's bedroom. This far, neither she, nor my dad, have been able to find it again.
‘Living gift’ 🤣🤣🤣

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Fröjdis current earthworm count: 4

This evening's one was a really long one, biggest one she's caught so far. Fully alive, and wriggling.

Oh, and earlier today she lost a living gift in my dad's bedroom. This far, neither she, nor my dad, have been able to find it again.

I wouldn't get out of bed in the dark with bare feet if I was him 😁

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Fröjdis current earthworm count: 5

Photo evidence taken under constant threat of repossession
GEpQOPwu_o.jpg

hock

Visit site
When I’ve spoken of the antics of this fine specimen I get the impression people don’t believe me. However compared to everyone else’s I think we’re only average!

Came down stairs once to the biggest gold fish I have ever seen on the kitchen floor. I was so confused.

Stole so many koi carp (not gold fish as I first thought) out of next door but ones pond they had to fit a net over the top to save the last few.

Cat learnt to hang upside down from the net and scoop out the last few remaining koi. He’s no quitter. Next door but one no longer have fish.

Lovely sunny day, next door neighbour was on his way down the motorway to work when he saw something on the rear parcel shelf move. It was my cat stretched out sunbathing. Luckily he brought him home, it must have been very tempting to turf him out.

Ruining someone’s Christmas as they put the freshly cooked Turkey on the side to cool and came back to the skin licked and lightly mauled by my cat. He did love a roasted bird.

Had to be rescued from a bird twice his size he caught. Eyes way bigger than his belly.

He got me sacked from my paper round as he would always want to come with me but would get slower as he went round and start to moan loudly at 7am.

Once brought home a fresh still warm baguette.

Killed someone’s baby bunny under my bed, I have my suspicions about the owner but at this point his name was mud in the area so I chickened out.

Oh yes and he went golfing with dad a couple of times! He loved a warm parcel shelf.

Would wake me up by lying on my chest right under my chin and would put his paws on each eyelid. Eventually I could sleep through this so he would then very gently claw my eye lids and eventually I could ignore this as well. One day he never came home and I’m pretty certain it was foul play with a line out the door of suspects. He was wonderful though and was so patient while I taught him to show jump 🤣.

scats

Visit site
A couple of weeks ago I was lying in bed in the dark one night and heard one of my cats jump down from the landing window. The familiar pad of feet on laminate and then she was in the doorway, but she was making that weird sound cats do when they’ve brought you a present…

I flicked my bedside lamp on and the next minute she’s on the bed holding the biggest, ugliest moth I’ve ever seen in my life, which she promptly let go of. The monstrosity started flapping around on top of my covers while I shrieked and leapt out of bed.

I did manage to get hold of it and put it outside, while cat looked mildly irritated that the gift she had so lovingly found for me was being returned to the wilderness.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Yesterday morning I spotted my younger cat playing with something under my office desk. Now I have not been using that tiny claustrophobic room for awhile so that’s my excuse for what I found which was a desiccated male sparrow surrounded by feathers and empty dry pupae 🤮. It rattled when I picked it up presumably from pupae inside it. Actually I thought it would make quite a good toy now but nevertheless decided to throw it into the bushes at the end of the garden. At least now the mystery of a plague of blow flies is solved although how I didn’t smell if I’m not sure 🤔.

Boulty

Visit site
Horrid has been fighting (again!). Horrid is now limping. Horrid is on steroids so can’t have metacam and gabapentin isn’t really cutting it & still limpy so he’s had to stay in as don’t trust him to be sensible.

Horrid will ONLY use a litter tray at work.

And so this is how I’ve spent my evening so that he’d actually go to the toilet 🙈

46C46CAE-0DF7-45AC-976F-8F7D6CE07618.jpeg

C3E00894-37C7-4277-BEA8-2A477D8AA7A0.jpeg

Lady Jane

Visit site
Horrid has been fighting (again!). Horrid is now limping. Horrid is on steroids so can’t have metacam and gabapentin isn’t really cutting it & still limpy so he’s had to stay in as don’t trust him to be sensible.

Horrid will ONLY use a litter tray at work.

And so this is how I’ve spent my evening so that he’d actually go to the toilet 🙈

View attachment 122031

View attachment 122032
No wonder he is called Horrid! He is very handsome though! And I'm sure you have nothing better to do......

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I've given Essy her first bath. You would've thought that after all these years of cat owning, I would've remembered to first trim her claws, and I had planned on doing it, but forgot.
However, I actually think she handled the bathing quite well. Only one I'M DYING yowl, and a few quite short-lived attempts at attaching herself to various surfaces to escape the water.

It was when I afterwards had wrapped her up in a purrito, and tried to as gently as possible introduce her to my hairdryer that the real circus started. Apparently my hairdryer is the kitten eating machine from hell!
I tried to just get a little bit of hot air to reach the towel, her body + tail, and eventually ended up bleeding from both some claw puncture wounds on a leg, and one well over a centimeter long scratch on my thumb. (ETA: Having time to look a bit closer at it today, there's actually 2 scratches on my thumb, in a X shape. /ETA)

I tried to switch a little between towel drying, and hairdryer, and when she was relatively calm, and finally a bit drier, I let her go. She then spent nearly 2 hours washing herself, which for the 1st hour, at least from my point of view, only seemed to make the fur I had just managed to dry a little, more wet again.

t9W9FN5l_t.jpg

Last edited:

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
I've given Essy her first bath. You would've thought that after all these years of cat owning, I would've remembered to first trim her claws, and I had planned on doing it, but forgot.
However, I actually think she handled the bathing quite well. Only one I'M DYING yowl, and a few quite short-lived attempts at attaching herself to various surfaces to escape the water.

It was when I afterwards had wrapped her up in a purrito, and tried to as gently as possible introduce her to my hairdryer that the real circus started. Apparently my hairdryer is the kitten eating machine from hell!
I tried to just get a little bit of hot air to reach the towel, her body + tail, and eventually ended up bleeding from both some claw puncture wounds on a leg, and one well over a centimeter long scratch on my thumb.

I tried to switch a little between towel drying, and hairdryer, and when she was relatively calm, and finally a bit drier, I let her go. She then spent nearly 2 hours washing herself, which for the 1st hour, at least from my point of view, only seemed to make the fur I had just managed to dry a little, more wet again.

t9W9FN5l_t.jpg
Her little face - utter misery 🤣
Glad you both survived relatively unscathed and looking forward to seeing how she gets her revenge 😃

Ratface

Visit site
I would no more risk bathing Madam Fatty Chatty Carrie Catty than fly in the air!
Madam has a yellow-eyed Death Stare that would freeze sunshine at five yards, talons that indicate an eagle heritage not very far back and a remarkably-supple body for one so . . . voluptuous.
She also has a talent of multiplying her weight x n when being removed from something/somewhere she knows (from previous experience) that she shouldn't be.
Little Treasure!

Ratface

Visit site
Ceremoniously released a live mouse under our very heavy bed at 1:30 this morning.

Said mouse released back to the wild ready to repeat the process tomorrow I’m sure.

We’ve also had the bottom half of a squirrel left as a gift in the last few days.
I suppose that it could have been worse. It could have been a whole squirrel, suitably eviscerated. More blood, that way.
Madam Carrie Cat sends regards to your brave and fearless feline.
She has staff to provide her meals. So convenient, Dhaaaarlings!