Worst thing the cat's done.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Did someone mention squirrels?

I opted to get the senior health check done when the black cat went in recently for her annual jabs. That includes blood and urine screening.

I duly put the vet provided non absorbent cat litter in a clean litter tray and waited. The black cat was most miffed at being kept indoors when she wished to go outside, and this scattering of litter in her tray was definitely not to her liking. After a lengthy yowling stand off, she eventually relented and did her wee in the litter tray.

I whizzed her sample off to the vets, and came back as she was dragging this present back across the field. ‘Who calls me old, I can still catch squirrels’.

IMG_0126.jpeg

IMG_0130.jpeg

All good on her lab results, too.

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Did someone mention squirrels?

I opted to get the senior health check done when the black cat went in recently for her annual jabs. That includes blood and urine screening.

I duly put the vet provided non absorbent cat litter in a clean litter tray and waited. The black cat was most miffed at being kept indoors when she wished to go outside, and this scattering of litter in her tray was definitely not to her liking. After a lengthy yowling stand off, she eventually relented and did her wee in the litter tray.

I whizzed her sample off to the vets, and came back as she was dragging this present back across the field. ‘Who calls me old, I can still catch squirrels’.

View attachment 125906

View attachment 125907

All good on her lab results, too.
She looks anything but senior 🤣

smolmaus

Visit site
Hello again thread, I am posting the same thing I always post which is Marnie trying to jump on the fridge, ballsing it up, almost stabbing herself on a kitchen knife and then this time also smashing a salt grinder so there was the nice himalayan finishing salt and shards of glass all over the kitchen floor.

Oh and I found half a spider in my bed last week too. Whether or not she left it there is immaterial, she should be eating them before they make it upstairs!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Black cat prefers her creature comforts in winter. That can mean curling up in the house during the day as well as overnight, or perhaps snuggling up in the outside rug room.

I’d been having a bit of a turf out of the rug room looking for a particular rug liner, so it’s all a bit of a mess and her usual route up to her favourite shelf was blocked. Needs must, even if it means clinging to a slippery rug storage bag en route.

She’s so well hidden there that I usually don’t spot her.

IMG_2631.jpeg
IMG_2632.jpeg

IMG_2633.jpeg

IMG_0292.jpeg

Last edited:

Burnttoast

Visit site
An early entry I feel but worth it for the disaster potential. Toffee is living in the office with me atm and I was making his lunch with the tray on the printer. He couldn't wait, as you can see. Back feet on the laptop (saved only by being open at a 90 degree angle) and front feet on the unsupported end of the tray, with a nearly full and open tin of liquid cat food at the other end. Expensive comedy disaster averted only by my having one hand free to remove him pronto (well, pronto after I'd taken this pic, obv ...)

403801325_3648253862059786_5105026352021306428_n.jpg

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
An early entry I feel but worth it for the disaster potential. Toffee is living in the office with me atm and I was making his lunch with the tray on the printer. He couldn't wait, as you can see. Back feet on the laptop (saved only by being open at a 90 degree angle) and front feet on the unsupported end of the tray, with a nearly full and open tin of liquid cat food at the other end. Expensive comedy disaster averted only by my having one hand free to remove him pronto (well, pronto after I'd taken this pic, obv ...)

403801325_3648253862059786_5105026352021306428_n.jpg
Know I said I was looking forward to a post or two on this thread but didn’t expect one so quickly 🤣. He has a remarkable sense of balance (translate as you were quick to avert the disaster 🤣).

Burnttoast

Visit site
Know I said I was looking forward to a post or two on this thread but didn’t expect one so quickly 🤣. He has a remarkable sense of balance (translate as you were quick to avert the disaster 🤣).
You called it! The thing is he's only going to get more energetic and confident after his rocky start (as my friend just pointed out - to cheer me up, maybe!). I wonder if he's going to be a regular feature in these pages :oops:

Ratface

Visit site
She also wishes to point out that Cat Mother is obviously needing to eat something as she appears to be getting a bit . . . "vague". A hypo, perchance?

Burnttoast

Visit site
Madam Carrie Cat wishes to point out that cats who have to go to such lengths as pictured above, are obviously being "Staaarved!" She is quite happy to advise how to ensure how to assure one's feline self gets sufficient "Fooood" served at any time in the day/night it's required.
The word coming out of this little face is definitely 'FOOOOD' and if only the Tiny Black Terror would give me a moment it would be in a dish and not all over his face like war paint!
404208325_3648990235319482_639864897928457184_n.jpg

Ratface

Visit site
The word coming out of this little face is definitely 'FOOOOD' and if only the Tiny Black Terror would give me a moment it would be in a dish and not all over his face like war paint!
404208325_3648990235319482_639864897928457184_n.jpg
Oh dear. Madam Cat will arrange for a copy of her book "How To Train Your Cat Slave" to be delivered ASAP.
Basically, Yoooowling, biting the Slave's nose, preferably when they're asleep, to be supplemented by tripping them up when they're scuttling off to their litter tray. You're welcome.

Burnttoast

Visit site
Oh dear. Madam Cat will arrange for a copy of her book "How To Train Your Cat Slave" to be delivered ASAP.
Basically, Yoooowling, biting the Slave's nose, preferably when they're asleep, to be supplemented by tripping them up when they're scuttling off to their litter tray. You're welcome.
Please convey my thanks to Madam CC and let her know that I definitely won't lose it almost the moment it's delivered 😁

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Whilst Teddy has his naughty moments (the infamous live bat and squirrel parade of the lounge springs to mind) he is actually deep down just the best cat. He’s been subjected to a thorough examination by Dr Florence and her doctors kit this morning and took it like a trooper. She did at least cook him an egg for his troubles.

IMG_0245.jpeg

She lets him lick the last bit of her yoghurt pot every day so he’s not doing too badly.