Worst thing the cat's done.

Ratface

Visit site
Of course. You should know by now that Cats Rule. I've just got back from a somewhat dangerous (very low tide, slippery \ wooden pontoons, pouring rain) sortie to the local petrol station to get Madam Carrie Cat a bag of fresh cat litter. Only the heavy clumping variety available. So - get out of car, haul shopping and and cat litter out of car and trudge over wet and muddy car park, down slippy-slide wooden walkway, keeping my balance with my long broom handle, slither over drawbridge, shimmy along very narrow side deck, shove stuck wheelhouse door open with knee and elbow and carry shopping inside. Triumph!
Sort out litter tray, fresh food and water for cat, tea for me and plan a quiet afternoon, reading book.
Currently hanging on to the edge of the bunk whilst Madam Cat is still asleep, in the middle of the bunk and not moving an inch, other than to wrap herself up even tighter and put her forelegs over her eyes.
Cats do, indeed, rule.

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Of course. You should know by now that Cats Rule. I've just got back from a somewhat dangerous (very low tide, slippery \ wooden pontoons, pouring rain) sortie to the local petrol station to get Madam Carrie Cat a bag of fresh cat litter. Only the heavy clumping variety available. So - get out of car, haul shopping and and cat litter out of car and trudge over wet and muddy car park, down slippy-slide wooden walkway, keeping my balance with my long broom handle, slither over drawbridge, shimmy along very narrow side deck, shove stuck wheelhouse door open with knee and elbow and carry shopping inside. Triumph!
Sort out litter tray, fresh food and water for cat, tea for me and plan a quiet afternoon, reading book.
Currently hanging on to the edge of the bunk whilst Madam Cat is still asleep, in the middle of the bunk and not moving an inch, other than to wrap herself up even tighter and put her forelegs over her eyes.
Cats do, indeed, rule.
I wonder if she even remembers Life Before Ratface 🤣

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
This is an 8kg cat coming out of a small dog flap. A big rat that was alive and kicking until i screamed and sent him out, yes I swore! Not for the first time or the last probably. Also not the worst thing he has done, just captured.
View attachment 129587

My late grandmother and my mum told me stories of Great Aunt Pol who lived in Bowness. She had a cat who would go out and catch grown rabbits and leave them on the doorstep. Great Aunt Pol would skin and cook the rabbits and share them with the cat.

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
This is an 8kg cat coming out of a small dog flap. A big rat that was alive and kicking until i screamed and sent him out, yes I swore! Not for the first time or the last probably. Also not the worst thing he has done, just captured.
View attachment 129587
A cat that will kill rats like this is worth his weight in gold. We could do with one in our barn.

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
A friend's cat used to regularly kill rabbits as did one Michael can remember on the farm. One of ours caught a moorhen, not injured thankfully and another killed a hare and a stoat. Their mum was the only cat we had that dealt with rats. The farm was clear of rats while she was alive but they moved in big time once she died.

Rumtytum

Visit site
View attachment 129587
That’s a terrific action shot, well done you for getting it!
And I don’t blame you for a few choice swear words 🤣

Ratface

Visit site
I wonder if she even remembers Life Before Ratface 🤣
I've shown her the Facebook contents of her previous owners, their rambunctious children and The Expensive Mongrel. She stares briefly, with wide mouse-stalking eyes. Moves off to her cashmere throw, circles whilst pensively flexing her claws and then flumpfs down to snooze. Three hours later, she's still asleep.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
My late grandmother and my mum told me stories of Great Aunt Pol who lived in Bowness. She had a cat who would go out and catch grown rabbits and leave them on the doorstep. Great Aunt Pol would skin and cook the rabbits and share them with the cat.

Sounds like a nice little arrangement they had going!

Cloball

Visit site
My mum's cat used to catch rabbits when he was younger and leave them in the bath or share them with the terrier. He is quite a rotund unathletic looking model but I once watched him drop from on top of a wall onto his prey 🤣he was quite a prolific hunter. Miles only catches baby rats which as I tell my neighbour is still helpful for population control.

Rabbit hunter
Screenshot_20231207-193916-307.png

Rumtytum

Visit site
My mum's cat used to catch rabbits when he was younger and leave them in the bath or share them with the terrier. He is quite a rotund unathletic looking model but I once watched him drop from on top of a wall onto his prey 🤣he was quite a prolific hunter. Miles only catches baby rats which as I tell my neighbour is still helpful for population control.

Rabbit hunter
View attachment 129667
Know it’s not what happened but I’m imagining your mum’s rotund, unathletic cat killing its prey by dropping on to it and squashing it flat 🤣

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Sebastian is an angel. Not. Today he scaled the Sky Box and TV knocking out the cables and is currently snoring next to me. Little sod peed in the shower because I had the audacity to leave him alone all night. I sponsor homeless kitties and would love to adopt but he’s an animal and I can’t face the fallout when he realises he’s not number one kittie 🤣

Ratface

Visit site
The late lamented Zoos (his registered name was Zeus, but he was a swaggering Burmese Reggie Kray- type character) managed to drag a live avocet (large wingspan, long stabbing beak) through the wheelhouse aft portlight. He then set it down and chased it remorselessly through the barge until I managed to get it out through the midships hatchway. He was on his last legs when he did this (riddled with stomach cancer) and was booked to be pts the following day. Many cats further down the line, I still miss him and his naughty antics.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
My friend's cat caught lots of rabbits. He'd eat them and leave the ears and tails in the porch, though sometimes he'd drag a full sized one in through the cat flap. One day he was asleep on the washing basket , woke and puked up half the latest kill into the open Persil box .

Ratface

Visit site
I was trying to impress my soon-to-be mother in law with my cooking skills. I was going to cook a chicken and went into the larder. No chicken. At that point, I heard a heavy, rhythmic thumping. Burmese cat was dragging the chicken carcass down the cellar stairs. Mother in law screeched in horror, and ran out into the garden, narrowly avoiding joining the carcass and the cat. We left the cat and the carcass and went to a nearby restaurant.
The marriage didn't last. The cat lived a long and prosperous life, together with his girlfriend, the Abyssinian cat.
Cats rule!

Rumtytum

Visit site
Went away over night and left cat with her automatic feeder. Obviously she didn’t think she had enough food and went searching on the worktop above the dishwasher, which had a box of foam packaging on it waiting to thrown out (yes that’s a broken bowl too)

View attachment 130564
That’s made me laugh out loud 🤣