Worst thing the cat's done.

9tails

Visit site
He does have one thing in his favour though, which is that he tends to eat what he catches so we don't have to clean up too many carcasses. The only thing he won't eat are shrews - apparently they don't taste very nice. It's supposed to be a defence mechanism but I don't know how that helps if a predator only works it out after they've killed them! We've had a fair number of live escapees in the house though, which is always fun (not!).

Shrews are right vicious little a-holes. I was gifted one a few years ago, the cat brought it in doing his "I've caught something" song, dropped it at my feet then promptly legged it. I realised shortly after that the cat wanted nothing more to do with the tiny little devil, it bit me twice and the second time hung on to the skin between thumb and forefinger.

ihatework

Visit site
Shrews are right vicious little a-holes. I was gifted one a few years ago, the cat brought it in doing his "I've caught something" song, dropped it at my feet then promptly legged it. I realised shortly after that the cat wanted nothing more to do with the tiny little devil, it bit me twice and the second time hung on to the skin between thumb and forefinger.

They are buggers aren’t they!
I always rescue them but they usually draw blood (Mine!)

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
One of mine, I’m not sure which, has discovered a new species to murder. I’m getting a mole a night. Should save the local landowner some money at least!!

They never eat them, though, so no bits and blood on the floors ?

smolmaus

Visit site
See our cat clearly doesn't love us as much as your cats love you guys, because he never ever catches something and brings it as a present. He catches it, brings it home, stuffs his face, and leaves some horrible bits of gristle on the floor. He is never ever sick though, lord knows how!
Same. We had one cat who hunted and she would bring voles back and eat them on the front doorstep as if to say "This is not for you, you do not deserve this". I was not complaining! She let a frog into the house once but I think the door was open when she just decided it wasn't tasty after all. She also cleared out the baby sparrows who tried to nest in the hedge every year but at some point you have to blame the birds for that a little bit.

Other cat couldn't catch herself on, nevermind anything with legs. Worst thing she did was be so terminally thick that she was an embarrassment.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
27EDE251-C113-4D9A-8403-8E7D6EC45D5B.jpeg
And Teddy has outdone himself once again. Bringing in a live bat and then releasing it into the lounge. Followed by OH and me uselessly trying to herd it back out of the back door/windows all whilst the cat is trying to leap off the table and catch it and the dog is barking at everyone. Eventually caught it and Teddy is now locked in my bedroom with me. He’s sulking by the door ?. 27EDE251-C113-4D9A-8403-8E7D6EC45D5B.jpeg

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
View attachment 50930
And Teddy has outdone himself once again. Bringing in a live bat and then releasing it into the lounge. Followed by OH and me uselessly trying to herd it back out of the back door/windows all whilst the cat is trying to leap off the table and catch it and the dog is barking at everyone. Eventually caught it and Teddy is now locked in my bedroom with me. He’s sulking by the door ?. View attachment 50930
Oh I love bats! He looks really cute love his big ears
I love bats too :)

Fiona

I read Crazy_cat_lady, and Fiona's replies, and kept thinking **I hope Teddy haven't also decided to love bats,
as the new favourite prey...**

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
In my 26 years this is the first time I had actually seen a bat up close and must say I was pretty taken with them too!

I'm quite impressed he actually caught it? Bat must have been flying pretty low.

Teddy is now resting from his adventures (he woke us up at 1am the night before fighting with the local Bengal) by lounging on the spare bed that I had freshly cleaned for OH's parents who are coming to stay this weekend (as our chosen bubble!) so will have to try and hoover his hair off quickly before they get here.

Equi

Visit site
My kitten has taught himself that if your hand is too far away all he has to do is reach out and get it and pull it to his head. First few times it was adorable but he’s now progressed to jumping at it from the floor lol boundaries will be put in place.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Got a text from my mum the other day (I'm close to paying a deposit for a little girl ragdoll kitten just waiting on final colour)

She said to make sure I buy a bottle of cooking oil as part of my starter kit as little girl Raggies seem to like them!!

Turns out Poppy (who is mentioned several times up thread including for the infamous gammon theft) decided to sample the vegetable oil she had put in a pan on the hob in preparation for frying some chips! She turned her back and turned round and Poppy was found with her head in the pan sampling the oil. She shouted at her and all she did was back up licking her bib and lips!!!! She was extremely fortunate the oil wasn't on or been used or she would have a burnt tongue. She possibly did scald her tongue the other day as my mum had cooked up some fish for her other ragdoll and Poppy helped herself to it straight from the pan it was cooling in, again she snuck in while her back was turned

**please note obviously the text was a joke and we both know Ragdolls ideally shouldn't be eating vegetable oil!! I'm sure everyone on here will get it but just in case!**

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Got a text from my mum the other day (I'm close to paying a deposit for a little girl ragdoll kitten just waiting on final colour)

She said to make sure I buy a bottle of cooking oil as part of my starter kit as little girl Raggies seem to like them!!

Turns out Poppy (who is mentioned several times up thread including for the infamous gammon theft) decided to sample the vegetable oil she had put in a pan on the hob in preparation for frying some chips! She turned her back and turned round and Poppy was found with her head in the pan sampling the oil. She shouted at her and all she did was back up licking her bib and lips!!!! She was extremely fortunate the oil wasn't on or been used or she would have a burnt tongue. She possibly did scald her tongue the other day as my mum had cooked up some fish for her other ragdoll and Poppy helped herself to it straight from the pan it was cooling in, again she snuck in while her back was turned

**please note obviously the text was a joke and we both know Ragdolls ideally shouldn't be eating vegetable oil!! I'm sure everyone on here will get it but just in case!**

I neither drink alcohol, nor coffee, but others in my household drinks coffee regularly, and alcohol occasionally.
Berta the Cornish Rex have a habit of sometimes drinking by dipping a front paw in the water, and then licking the paw. We thought the smell of alcohol, or other not only water liquids, would stop her from trying to sample those things. But instead we've had to realise that no glass, or cup is safe from her if she finds it unguarded.

I said something similar on another thread recently, and I'll say it here, too: Cats haven't read the info about what they should, and shouldn't eat/drink.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
What is it with the 'look what I brought you' song?

Oh god I hate that song. When you’re woken at 3am by that chilling sound. ?It usually means an attempted rescue. If I don’t then you can here some poor thing being batted around in the hallway. It’s also different depending on what they’ve brought in. I can tell the difference between a mouse and a moth / giant moth.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
What is it with the 'look what I brought you' song?

Oh god I hate that song. When you’re woken at 3am by that chilling sound. ?It usually means an attempted rescue. If I don’t then you can here some poor thing being batted around in the hallway. It’s also different depending on what they’ve brought in. I can tell the difference between a mouse and a moth / giant moth.

Oh yes you've reminded me of another ragdoll update I recently received!

My mum said how she had got really comfortable in bed ready to go to sleep to be met with a howling noise. She waited to see if this went but it didn't, if anything it increased. She got up as thought she had better check on them.
It turns out Poppy has brought Fishy* upstairs after Spike had opened the cupboard it was kept in and she was very proudly telling everyone what she'd got

*Fishy is a poundland purchase consisting of a hessian type fish on a string attached to one of those plastic sticks. It goes away on an evening or if they're unsupervised just in case there's the risk they could get tangled in it.

9tails

Visit site
I came down this morning to the hallway in complete disarray. It's not a tidy area at the best of times, with a line of shoes on one side and crap I haven't found a home for the other side. Someone had brought in a rodent, all four cats were hunting this rodent and pulling out anything in the way. I had to go out, so stepped over the mess and left them to it. The rodent was murdered when I returned.

I've just ordered an interactive fish, apparently it flaps when a cat is close so it should be quite a good distraction from the local wildlife.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Mine left this for me the other day.

20200630_093542.jpg

Alwaysmoretoknow

Visit site
Woken up by cat attempting to put (semi-live) mouse into my mouth. Was touched as it was Valentines Day. Then informed they only do this to other cats they think are too incompetent to hunt for themselves. Was instantly offended - what do you mean I can't catch my own mouse?!!. Got over it. Also strèaked across field and attached itself to 4yo tb's shoulder (luckily wearing rug) which instantly jumped on my foot; chased breaker round on lunge swiping at back legs presumably trying to trip it up and get death grip on jugular; frequently sat on fence of arena swiping at passing horses causing a few 180 degree spins and resulting fall out and finally.....going missing on the evening of moving during the Saisbuy poisioning crisis - asked son to creep into heavily policed park to try and find him - quote "if you think I'm going sneak round Novichok park whispering 'Boris where are you - we need to leave now' you've got another think coming!" Named after Yeltsin not Boris.

fetlock

Visit site
My little Siamese climbed up my flowering cherry when she was about 4-5 months old, and kept climbing so eventually was perched precariously on a branch no thicker than my little finger and a good fifteen feet or more of the ground.
Of course I was utterly horrified when I spotted her, particularly when the more I tried to encourage her down, the higher the little so and so climbed.
I ran and grabbed a thick throw from the house and stood under the tree with it spread across my arms, like a fireman waiting to catch someone jumping from a burning house.
The inevitable happened - and she slipped, now dangling by a claw or two from the flimsiest of twig like branches, and then she fell.
Thankfully I did manage to catch her in the throw (and still amazed that I managed to)