Worst thing the cat's done.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Forgot about this thread! Lilly got her own back the other day by depositing this very alive mouse just inside the front door as I was telling her to drop in...

96083399_10158869535434925_3837906527151194112_n.jpg

She then sauntered off for her tea...

She has also not changed her mind on the fluffy interloper...
96259550_10158857003109925_3350393679964536832_n.jpg

That top photo with the mouse is absolutely hilarious!

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
I came home to a freshly plucked bird and the corresponding feathers EVERYWHERE. It honestly took days to get rid of them all, I think the cat hid some and brought them out everytime I thought I’d tidied them all up.

he also brought home a tiny bird egg and then licked the inside clean ?

but he is always forgiven because he is so cute and puts up with the puppy pestering him to play.
D9D8A04A-94A7-48BB-8E87-F59A905AEE7A.jpeg

luckyoldme

Visit site
When i was a little girl i had an adorable tabby i found in the garden.
One year we went on holiday and my friend looked after him.
He repaid the favour by eating her budgie.
I really didnt think he was that kind of cat
And ifully believed it was a case of mistaken identity.
She insisted that she had found him with feathers round his mouth.
We were nt friends after that.

madamebonnie

Visit site
My OHs sister had a huge argument with her boyfriend about redecorating the (his) flat. She wanted curtains up, he refused-fairly standard petty argument that just escalated.
Cat obviously hears this and decides to help by next day promptly pulls down huge blinds in the living room and taking chunks out the ceiling! Boyfriend obviously thinks she's done it deliberately to get cutains up instead, cue futher domestics! OH and I couldn't stop laughing when we heard!

Apercrumbie

Visit site
Well our boy is excelling himself at the moment. He has brought 5 live mice in in the last couple of weeks. As in, in to the house, where they scuttle off under something and we have to spend hours gently moving exceptionally heavy items and persuading the mouse to come out so we can rescue it and either dispatch humanely or if appropriate release somewhere safe. Such a timewaster. He then just yowls the place down because we dared take away his mouse.

However today has beaten them all. He brought home a live weasel! Luckily I spotted him bringing it up to the house so ran outside and made him drop the weasel. Well, this weasel was incensed! It jumped around, spat at the cat and tried to start a fight before running off. I then luckily managed to grab the cat and the dog before they went off after it. It was amazing to see the weasel jumping around like that, I wish I had it on camera.

However the worst is yet to come - the aftermath. I suddenly realised that I was smelling a bit pongy after picking up the cat and putting him and the dog inside. I went back to find the cat in the kitchen and the whole room stink - it's the cat. Of course he wants comforting because he no longer has his weasel so I had him yowling again and rubbing my legs with his stinky fur. I don't know what that weasel did to him but the smell is awful. Has anyone else experienced this?

Aru

Visit site
Not my cat thankfully!

Had a client with 2 fabulous ragdoll cats who were in for a discussion on how to help them adjust to being indoor only cats

They had started to hunt snakes and bring them inside.
Usually dead(which is a feat in itself with Australian snakes!) but eventually started bringing in live ones to teach the owner to hunt.
One brought a 3 foot brown snake,twice the size of the cat involved! into the house and released it....still live and very pissed off. Owner had to flee the house and get a snake catcher in to deal with it while the cat watched all antics with bemusement...Brown snakes for the record are in the top 10 most venemous snakes on the planet.

That pair took a while to adjust to indoor life!
And from that moment on I swore every cat I have here is indoor only! They decimate the local wildlife anyway as they are non native...But the idea of one prancing in through the cat flap with a brown snake makes me shudder.

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Not my cat thankfully!

Had a client with 2 fabulous ragdoll cats who were in for a discussion on how to help them adjust to being indoor only cats

Usually dead(which is a feat in itself with Australian snakes!) but eventually started bringing in live ones to teach the owner to hunt.
One brought a 3 foot brown snake,twice the size of the cat involved! into the house and released it....still live and very pissed off. Owner had to flee the house and get a snake catcher in to deal with it while the cat watched all antics with bemusement...Brown snakes for the record are in the top 10 most venemous snakes on the planet.

And from that moment on I swore every cat I have here is indoor only! They decimate the local wildlife anyway as they are non native...But the idea of one prancing in through the cat flap with a brown snake makes me shudder.
???

9tails

Visit site
Not my cat thankfully!

Such an innocuous name for a seriously venomous snake. "Ah yeah, just a brown snake". You'd think that the aussies would have more imagination!

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
New entry from Teddy. Dropping this dead bird on our bed during the night whilst we slept peacefully. Leaving a spray of blood and the dead bird on my freshly cleaned WHITE bedding for me to find first thing this morning.
So glad I didn’t accidentally touch it during the night
01DFF5A0-32CE-4509-9286-D83A3FA7D37A.jpeg

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
New entry from Teddy. Dropping this dead bird on our bed during the night whilst we slept peacefully. Leaving a spray of blood and the dead bird on my freshly cleaned WHITE bedding for me to find first thing this morning.
So glad I didn’t accidentally touch it during the night
View attachment 47478

Must have been the night for savaging poor birds :( Lillycat brought me one too. I would highly recommend a shut door policy, this way at least I can generally keep all dead things outside!

HashRouge

Visit site
... Need to find a collar that will work for her and she doesn't just take off...
I fear that won't be possible! Our current cat, Stan, has the misfortune of being pure white (so zero camouflage) and yet managed to be an excellent hunter. We thought we would help out the local wildlife as much as possible by putting three bells on his collar...that did not work! I don't think it was even the slightest of hindrances to him!

I read somewhere that dawn and dusk are the most effective hunting times for cats, so I have to say if Stan lived with me (he's kind of my cat but lives with my Mum and Dad) I would be inclined to keep him in overnight, but I don't think my parents fancy the agro (Stan has on several occasions managed to open a locked cat flap - we now have to put something heavy in front of it if he needs to be kept in for any reason).

He does have one thing in his favour though, which is that he tends to eat what he catches so we don't have to clean up too many carcasses. The only thing he won't eat are shrews - apparently they don't taste very nice. It's supposed to be a defence mechanism but I don't know how that helps if a predator only works it out after they've killed them! We've had a fair number of live escapees in the house though, which is always fun (not!).

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
I fear that won't be possible! Our current cat, Stan, has the misfortune of being pure white (so zero camouflage) and yet managed to be an excellent hunter. We thought we would help out the local wildlife as much as possible by putting three bells on his collar...that did not work! I don't think it was even the slightest of hindrances to him!

I read somewhere that dawn and dusk are the most effective hunting times for cats, so I have to say if Stan lived with me (he's kind of my cat but lives with my Mum and Dad) I would be inclined to keep him in overnight, but I don't think my parents fancy the agro (Stan has on several occasions managed to open a locked cat flap - we now have to put something heavy in front of it if he needs to be kept in for any reason).

He does have one thing in his favour though, which is that he tends to eat what he catches so we don't have to clean up too many carcasses. The only thing he won't eat are shrews - apparently they don't taste very nice. It's supposed to be a defence mechanism but I don't know how that helps if a predator only works it out after they've killed them! We've had a fair number of live escapees in the house though, which is always fun (not!).

Yeah I put bells on her and it didn't make any difference and then she just removed the collar anyway... To be honest they tend to be in overnight anyway, she brings me things during the day too :(, though evening she is probably more prolific but is so loud if you keep her in...

I have heard about a specific beeping collar that is suppose to be more effect than bells, so going to try some out!

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Must have been the night for savaging poor birds :( Lillycat brought me one too. I would highly recommend a shut door policy, this way at least I can generally keep all dead things outside!

a policy I implemented successfully whilst OH was stationed overseas. But soon as he came back Teddy sensed OH’s soft heart and started scratching at the door to be let in so door has been open since. Which is fine for OH as it’s not his face Teddy sits on at 5am or gets pawed in the eye, impatiently waiting for breakfast.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
a policy I implemented successfully whilst OH was stationed overseas. But soon as he came back Teddy sensed OH’s soft heart and started scratching at the door to be let in so door has been open since. Which is fine for OH as it’s not his face Teddy sits on at 5am or gets pawed in the eye, impatiently waiting for breakfast.

Lol can you switch places with your OH or is it specifically always you who gives Teddy breakfast...

Oh dear, hope it's not messy to clean up!

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
The cat has reduced us to sleep deprived gibbering wrecks.

Having decided that she is now a house cat, she has been sleeping inside all winter. This was fine when it got light at 7.30am, but, of course, its getting earlier and earlier. At dawn she comes upstairs and begins mewing to be let out.. If no one takes any notice, she'll jump up on the bed and stomp across us from one side to the other.
We left her out last night. I opened the door to find a dead mouse and a cross cat!... And we still woke up at dawn.

Myloubylou

Visit site
Yeah I put bells on her and it didn't make any difference and then she just removed the collar anyway... To be honest they tend to be in overnight anyway, she brings me things during the day too :(, though evening she is probably more prolific but is so loud if you keep her in...

I have heard about a specific beeping collar that is suppose to be more effect than bells, so going to try some out!

my dearly departed cat worked out how to run & leap without setting of the beeping. Assumed it was broken but he just was very still in the manoeuvre. I have seen a birds be safe collar which looks like a clown collar. Bright colours meant to make cat more visible, my cat is mostly cream so he’s not had any success. Luckily he’s a bit rubbish

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
We have two that adopted us about a year and a half ago. So far they have managed to:

- Leave a dead mouse in my OH's welly in the porch
- Sneak a live field vole into the house and then lose it
- Jump into the engine whenever OH tries to work on cars or tractor, jump into any kitchen cupboard, dishwasher, airing cupboard or other enclosed space as soon as the door is opened
- Climb up the ladder onto the house roof when OH took a break from guttering work and get stuck
- Get stuck in the barn trying to get to the pigeon nest and jump down onto the new pony's neck where she was tied underneath one day after we bought her (interesting test of pony's temperament which she thankfully passed)
- Chew up any cardboard box that they can get near, chew up the plastic tags on the end of the strings on the blinds, chew a number of my daughters toys
- Steal the dogs tennis ball and hide it

We don't have a cat flap though, dread to think what we'd be in for if we couldn't vet their entry to the house!

Mostly recently one disappeared for 8 days and had us certain something fatal had befallen her (she is spayed and hasn't been gone more than a couple hours before or since).