Worst thing the cat's done.

BMWKIPP

Visit site
The dog is vile, isn't it. Nothing spontaneous about trying to take that little boy! I hope it was put down, it's a very dangerous dog 😲
Now I remember why I had you on UI, dogs don't have the cognitive ability to 'plan' as you are suggesting. Goodbye Thicko

Calluna

Visit site
The only linnet I have ever seen was a dead one abandoned next to the cat flap. I was really cross about that.

Many years ago a previous cat ate a threaded needle that had been unwittingly dropped. Very chilling seeing it on the ex-Ray at the vets. They kept him in and miraculously he passed it with no ill effect. Definitely a life used up though.

Rosemary28

Visit site
Resurrecting this thread to report that one cat spent the whole evening last night trying to eat needles off the artificial Christmas tree, then someone (presumably her) threw her breakfast up all over the dining room floor. Not in one big pile, but in several piles dotted across the floor. I say presumably her, because there were bits of what looked like artificial needles in the piles. Luckily she wasn't sick on my nice new rug, but it was a close run thing and it wouldn't surprise me if she is saving that one for another time. At least I didn't stand in it this time....

Violet

Visit site
Resurrecting this thread to report that one cat spent the whole evening last night trying to eat needles off the artificial Christmas tree, then someone (presumably her) threw her breakfast up all over the dining room floor. Not in one big pile, but in several piles dotted across the floor. I say presumably her, because there were bits of what looked like artificial needles in the piles. Luckily she wasn't sick on my nice new rug, but it was a close run thing and it wouldn't surprise me if she is saving that one for another time. At least I didn't stand in it this time....
Just be careful. My first cat ate some of the Christmas tree glitter in the 1970's. It blocked her stomach and she needed emergency surgery. Hence no more strings of glitter in a house with cats.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
When I went in 2 or 3 grade I learnt how to decapitate mice with a spade.
Not because it is part of the school curriculum in Sweden, without because that is when we got a cat who liked to play with her prey, but lost interest when big wounds, or intestines hanging out, made the mice less mobile, which made her decide that it was time to pass on this gift to her human family.
What can you do when you find yourself home alone, with a severely wounded but still alive wild mouse, except to take it outside, and chop it's head off, to put an end to the misery.

We've had our share of the Wake up to a dead, half eaten gift below the bed, and the Try to find where I puked in the middle of the night, before you step in it game.

We also have the time when one of the cats must have taken in a live, wounded mouse, who escaped, and tried to hide somewhere under the 4 big, and very full, bookshelves in the living room. We got suspicious when both the cats, and dogs, spent time staring, and sniffing, towards the base of the bookshelves.
Then some days after they lost interest in the bookshelves, it started to smell dead mouse all over the room, and we had to empty, pick apart, and move the bookshelves. Of course we started with the 3 bookshelves which turned out to not be hiding a dead mouse under them.

One of our current cats doesn't have the best hunting instinct. I've only seen Berta try to catch something living twice in her life. I don't remember which one happened first, but one time she spent maybe up towards 2 hours out in the cat enclosure, trying to aim herself in on a caterpillar.
It got away from her!
The other time, Berta was indoors, saw a big magpie fly by just inches away from a window, and tried to jump straight through the window to catch it.

Cilla sometimes brings in dead prey from the cat enclosure, but she seems to prefer to bring them in alive, an often undamaged. About 50% of the times when she's brought in something alive, it also manages to escape from her.
One day I came in to the living room, and found one of my dogs trying to climb up on the fireplace. I looked up to see what she was interested in, and saw a small lizard sitting on the wall close to the ceiling. Another day I sat and read in my bed, looked up, and saw a lizard sitting in the sunshine on the floor.
I have no idea how short or long time those lizards had been living in my house, before being found, and taken back outside.

Of the countless number of mice, birds, frogs, lizards, and a few rats, that I've tried to help to get out of my house, and back to the wild, not even one of them have been helpful.

One summer when mum was out alone with the cats in our small summer home for a few days, she woke up one night to strange sounds under her bed. Next day when she tried to get a better look, it seems Cilla had brought in a very large frog, possibly a toad, it escaped, and had decided to hide under mum's bed.
She tried getting it out, it refused. It spent the day occasionally croaking below the bed. She left the back door open in to the cat enclosure all night, but I don't remember if it took one or two nights, before it decided to move out again.

I've written an essay again on HHO, sorry, virtual cookies to those who read it all.

TPO

Visit site
This doesn't come anywhere close to the level of naughty (evil!) recorded in this thread but it was scary at the time.

I used to go to my last yard straight from work, carried a change of clothes in a rucksack and get changed in the tack room.

I'd had a horrendous day at work, arrived at the yard to find I had a flat so needed to change that, the horses wouldn't catch and it was a pitch black night so couldn't find them for trying.

Finally ready to leave and I went to grab my bag when I moved!! I about ended myself as two glowing eyes emerged

Nanny cat had decided to make a bed in my bag. I was so tempted to steal her and take her home with me.

FB_IMG_1587156387078.jpg

FB_IMG_1587156397596.jpg

FB_IMG_1587156392964.jpg

scats

Visit site
Woke up to the sound of a vomiting cat in the night- not uncommon. It was several places on the bedroom floor so I made a vague mental note of the locations and decided to go back to sleep. Cat jumped on my bed, there was a bit of hard swallowing going on so I figured it was the vomiter... but then she settled down....
Shut my eyes and a few moments later I heard the unmistakeable heaving sound. Shot up and went to grab her, and the horror leapt onto my pillow in the ensuing panic and proceeded to vomit not only on my pillow, but on my hand (I don’t even know how, it was that fast)

So I was mopping up vomit and changing sheets at 4am. Typically, I’d just changed my bed that morning.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
10/10 to the cat for bed change timing!

One of ours brought a singing toy mouse into the bedroom last night. OH trod on it and set it off and woke me up like an alarm. Don't know whether to chuck out the toy (which is cute), the cat, the OH or all three.

scats

Visit site
10/10 to the cat for bed change timing!

One of ours brought a singing toy mouse into the bedroom last night. OH trod on it and set it off and woke me up like an alarm. Don't know whether to chuck out the toy (which is cute), the cat, the OH or all three.

I’m positive they make a mental note and do it on purpose!
To make matters worse, I glanced down at my slipper this morning while I was in the kitchen, and there’s a massive chunk of cat vomit stuck to it! I must have missed that when I slid my foot into it!

9tails

Visit site
One of mine brought in a very live and very fast little rodent. She took it upstairs into my bedroom and let it go. I heard clattering about as the cat had a fine old time knocked things about attempting to catch the rodent again. I booted the cat out, shut the door and tried to catch it myself, but it ran under my bed. My bed is a divan so only about 2" off the floor, I couldn't be bothered to pull it out to try to catch the rodent so thought it would be fine for the night. 3am, the stupid little idiot decided to make a run for it. Three cats leapt onto my sleeping form, hitting soft painful bits, in their eagerness to catch the damn thing.

Rosemary28

Visit site
Mine are house cats but like to come out into the garden sometimes (it's very secure and they can't get out). This morning, I closed the back door because one cat ran in and there was no sign of the other, and I thought she was probably upstairs.

Minutes later, cue pathetic howling meows as Ida was in fact shut out in the garden, she must have been hiding from me and then found herself locked out. You have never seen a cat look so distressed. To thank me for abandoning her, she came in and threw up in my slippers....

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I’m with Theocat here. Arlo is actually pretty well behaved.
I can leave any food including meat on the side. He won’t touch it. He has never ever * touch wood! Poo’d anywhere other than his litter tray in the house.
He did jump off a wall unit in the kitchen onto a bald mans head ?? (he almost died!)
And has bit of a tendency to bite, I think it’s play rather than nasty.
He did of course get lost last year and put us through 2 months of hell and heart break.
I feel blessed compared to some of the above ??
*hes also never been sick and I’ve yet to find out what a hair ball even is ?

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I've moved out so miss the cat antics (currently saving for a ragdoll) however my mum text me the other day apparently one of the ragdolls shrieked my dad awake so he called him a not very nice word. In return said ragdoll puked on his golf putting mat one day, then the bed the next ?

I've stolen this as I think it sums up cats!

https://travelerdoor.com/2020/05/03...TuDQKb3MicD3OUsdtojBy0aLBihdP-_5riHoWHwmS70nE

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Forgot about this thread! Lilly got her own back the other day by depositing this very alive mouse just inside the front door as I was telling her to drop in...

96083399_10158869535434925_3837906527151194112_n.jpg

She then sauntered off for her tea...

She has also not changed her mind on the fluffy interloper...
96259550_10158857003109925_3350393679964536832_n.jpg