Would you let a HHO member ride your horse?

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
I wouldn't mind who rode my little monster. MG rode him in the summer, and survived ;)

I find it interesting to see how others ride, to have first hand experience of their methods, especially when dealing with his occasional naughtiness.

Puppy

Visit site
You might not get him back Puppy! You could have ridden my cute beige one had he not sold sooooo fast! Next time you visit you'll have to ride the grumpy bay one.

I do think you'll love having a jump on him. I know I'll enjoy seeing you put him to work. :) You wouldn't want to keep him if you knew how much money he's eating at the mo, though! :rolleyes:

I will ride the grumpy bay one if you promise not to laugh. I really can't ride big horses! :eek:

PaddyMonty

Visit site
It's ok, I know you're just scared he'd land you in the mud and I'd be posting close up photos of your butt in jodhs all over the forum! :D
The littleums dont scare me. :p
general042.jpg

Jesstickle

Visit site
I've ridden Jemima_Too's big mare, Kit279's chestnut chap, Jesstickle's BH, oh and Porridge when she belonged to Weezy (she now belongs to anther HHOer) - all who can vouch I can't ride for toffee!

Tosh!

BH is up for grabs for anyone who fancies a go really. Although he isn't a particularly nice ride as I'm sure Puppy will tell you. Very stupid!

monkeybum13

Visit site
Yes, but I don't think anyone would want to!
Plus she's "broken" at the moment.

If it wasn't for a HHO member who has been very lovely I wouldn't have anything to ride at the moment. Said HHO'er has been a brilliant friend not only allowing me to ride her horse but to compete her aswell.

So thank you miss_c, you have been great and I am every thankful to you! :D

Kat

Visit site
Trish C has said I can have a go on Monty Knobberts.. although I'm not sure if I should take that as a good thing or not :D

I suspect that might be less of a kind offer and more of a threat! :D

I haven't ridden any HHO horses, and no HHOers have ridden mine since I've owned her. I have let my sister hack her and a friend that used to have lessons with has ridden her in the school.

I am careful about who I let ride her as she is only a baby but not totally precious. There are plenty of HHOers who I would love to have sit on my horse, and there are plenty of others that I would probably let have a go if I saw them on another horse in the flesh first.

Enfys

Visit site
Anyone could, mine are easy rides, they just don't speak English so bear in mind...

:D Relax, think trekking pony...

Don't touch the reins, at all, unless you want to stop dead.

Don't, for the love of God, kick unless you want to do 0-30mph in a milisecond.

Don't shift your weight unless you want to go forwards, backwards or sideways.

Oh, and don't say "Ho" (it doesn't mean slow down) or click, or kiss, unless you want an instant halt or acceleration.

Off you go then, have fun, they are a complete doddle, anyone can ride them.

ATrueClassAct

Visit site
If i was going to let a Hho member ride Arab pony, the only thing would be they could handle something v v forward going and had experience of riding jumping ponies.( not just pleasure jumping either) since she rides quite strangly for people who aren't used to jumping ponies haha.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Juno, I would consider that a positively normal, "nice" jump from my highland :eek: But there's no denying you make it look better than I do ;) :D

lol-1.png

ditchfail2.png

LEGENDmuppet.png

X

xspiralx

If they didn't, I wouldn't have had much to ride in the last 5 years!:D

I regularly ride horses belonging to two HHO members, and I've sat on a fair few others over the years.

A fair number of people have ridden mine when I had them too, including Weezy, Druid, and Bundle (that was).

dafthoss

Visit site
I would let a fair few HHOers ride the yellow one, most of the ones that post videos and photos regularly as I think its possible to judge if they will get on from that, no one has wanted to tho :p :D. He is fairly good and is never nasty he just likes to make some people look stupid it depends on their attitude and how they treat him. I would be a little more picky about who jumps him as he can be a bit of a monkey but flat work hes easy.

I would love a few of the CR people to get on him and give me a bit of help in where to go next with him and help fine tune whats already there. There are also a few more novicey people I would let ride him but there are others I wouldnt want any where near him :eek:.

Enfys

Visit site
Anyone could, mine are easy rides, they just don't speak English so bear in mind...

:D Relax, think trekking pony...

Don't touch the reins, at all, unless you want to stop dead.

Don't, for the love of God, kick unless you want to do 0-30mph in a milisecond.

Don't shift your weight unless you want to go forwards, backwards or sideways.

Oh, and don't say "Ho" (it doesn't mean slow down) or click, or kiss, unless you want an instant halt or acceleration.

Off you go then, have fun, they are a complete doddle, anyone can ride them.

Considering this is how I am used to riding I would have forty fits if anyone let me ride theirs because I couldn't ride one side of an English trained horse nowadays!

Last edited:

Kat

Visit site
Nobody who sees this thread would ever let me ride their horse, lol :D

Nope! :p

What is the HHO cliche when anyone is getting slated....

"a photo is just one moment you can't see the whole picture" or something, I'm sure you don't ride like that all the time. In fact I know you don't I've seen the photo of you hanging off the side of your coloured! So from the photographic evidence we can establish that you don't much like sitting in saddles, more hanging off the side or back... :p

JFTDWS

Visit site
Nope! :p

What is the HHO cliche when anyone is getting slated....

"a photo is just one moment you can't see the whole picture" or something, I'm sure you don't ride like that all the time. In fact I know you don't I've seen the photo of you hanging off the side of your coloured! So from the photographic evidence we can establish that you don't much like sitting in saddles, more hanging off the side or back... :p

I don't think there's ever been a serious photo of me riding on here - I've only ever posted these and a few trick and horseball ones, so no, you're right, if you believe this forum I don't ever sit in the saddle!

Don't blame you - I wouldn't let me ride my horse either :p

Kat

Visit site
Just picturing my mare's face if you started hanging down to the floor, i think it would look like this > :rolleyes:

She does a good line is "oh god you are soooo embarassing" looks that Kevin and Perry would be proud of.

3Beasties

Visit site
A couple of members have ridden my TB but it's not something I would let anyone do, it very much depends on their riding abilities.

I've ridden a couple of other members horses and although they were lovely it's not something I will be doing again as I rode like a complete spanner and it was highly embarrassing!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Haha you'd be amazed! My cob does that look very well. My friend came to horseball training and rode him while I rode the littley and when she was learning to pick up, I swear my horse was rolling his eyes at her :D

rhino, you're always welcome to ride mine, just a shame about the distance!