Visit site
Hi guys,

Quick question.... can we use usual XC boots in the SJ phase?
I am very concerned that for the SJ he has his studs in, and wearing open fronted tendon boots on a over excited lunatic may be a disaster.
Sometimes it is just me at the competition and literally only have enough time to head back to the trailer and change my gear, quick breather and off XC we go. Horse is rather fit and recovers very well, which I am very please about at his grand age of 19. After the XC he gets stripped off right away and cooled off

What do you guys do and why?

millitiger

Visit site
No reason you can't.

I've done it before on very careful, green horses who I didn't want to be put off if they rubbed a pole..
Only caveat would be to watch for heat retention, especially if keeping them on for a more prolonged period while you get changed and then go xc etc.

Visit site
thank you for your reply! I will do that and see how we go then
i usually throw the body protector off :D and strip him off straight away and get water/leg gel on him. I usually put some of the ice gel into the water I use to wash him down with, nice and refreshing!
cheers

Lyle

Visit site
Can't see why not!
On a side note, I've been interested to see the rise in open front tendon boots being used on XC, especially by pro riders. So, use what you feel comfortable using!