Yard Brush

Steerpike

Visit site
I'm looking for a new yard brush as my old corn brush has given up the ghost, I'm looking for something a bit sturdier but not heavy, my local countrywide store has none in stock, any ideas of decent brooms?!

lizziebell

Visit site
I use 2 brooms. Corn broom for stables/ dry material only, and a synthetic short bristle broom with plastic handle for on the yard/ wet which I bought from a cheap home shop. Any broom with natural fibre bristles (so your corn broom) should always be kept dry - when they get wet/ damp they break down quickly.

Steerpike

Visit site
I will look in my home shops when I go to town next, my corn broom was great for the yard which is inside the barn but I've worn it down to nearly a stub!

Anna*

Visit site
Bulldozer broom! They're amazing. I was genuine excited when I first tried one (am totally aware what a sad case that makes me!)

Northern Hare

Visit site
The "Faulks Gorilla Broom" is great - they're the same people who make the tubtrugs. Very lightweight and powerful brooms and you can get replacement heads / handles.

Starzaan

Visit site
when my last gorilla broom broke after five years of service I cried like a baby.

The new one is called Jessica.

You NEED one.

Annagain

Visit site
I love my Gorilla broom. Never thought if naming it though- it's purple so I think mine'd be a she.

All Gorillas should have names. As should all yard tools. I have Siencyn Shavings Fork and Sioni Shovel too - they're Welsh, obviously.

May I suggest Gertrude? That smacks of an old lady who wears purple tights like in the poem to me so it would fit with the purple.

Starzaan I am glad you too name your implements, it is the only way.

Steerpike

Visit site
I'm thinking of naming mine Borris the broom or possibly Peter as I'm getting the pistachio coloured handle 😀

Last edited:

AmieeT

Visit site
All Gorillas should have names. As should all yard tools. I have Siencyn Shavings Fork and Sioni Shovel too - they're Welsh, obviously.

May I suggest Gertrude? That smacks of an old lady who wears purple tights like in the poem to me so it would fit with the purple.

Starzaan I am glad you too name your implements, it is the only way.

:D Gerdtrude it is! I actually love that 😂

Annagain

Visit site
you won't regret it :D I have a big one for the yard and a smaller one in the lorry... though I see I need to get cracking and name them :eek:

Have any of you seen Davie Gorman's Modern Life is Goodish? He was doing a thing about naming babies the other week and (in America, obvs) there is a service that will help you name your child - with prices from £20,000 :eek:

I might start a Gorilla broom naming service - Milliepops your two shall be Eric and Ernie. That will be £5,000 please.

mytwofriends

Visit site
I was on the lookout for a new broom too. My current one is shedding bristles, mostly because I'm having to whack it on the ground every other sweep stroke as it makes annoying 'ropes' of sludge.

Anyway, I'd never heard of Gorilla brooms, but I've just ordered one blind! This thread seems to overwhelmingly recommend them, so when Percy arrives (I've pre-named him as he's pink), I shall look forward to having a good efficient sweep!

I bought pink because I have a pink poo picking scoop which I bought off a friend. I used to be a neutral tone sort. Guess that's all changed now!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Crikey this one even has a surname :D

:D:D:D:D:D

Have any of you seen Davie Gorman's Modern Life is Goodish? He was doing a thing about naming babies the other week and (in America, obvs) there is a service that will help you name your child - with prices from £20,000 :eek:

I might start a Gorilla broom naming service - Milliepops your two shall be Eric and Ernie. That will be £5,000 please.

I love Dave Gorman :eek:
Thanks. er.... cheque's in the post. ;)

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
I lead a quiet and sheltered existence and had never heard of a gorilla broom before. Out of curiosity I had a quick peek and good god they are expensive. For that price I'd want it to sweep the yard for me.

I think I may need one (along with lots of other things) for my new lorry though, it will of course be appropriately named but I'm afraid I can't afford the £5000 fee being charged. Unfortunately I don't have chocolate coins either but can pay with M&S shortbread.