Yet again the Blackmore and Sparkford Vale Hunt bringing hunting into disrepute

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
No, theses people in the Blackmore Vale and collateral parts of Dorset and Somerset, have to be brought before the courts and taught, they have to observe the law of England and Wales. "Be you ever so high you are not above the law."
JM, this is where it is getting bonkers and personal and as such, lessens the impact of your argument.

I, as do most fair minded folk, dislike anyone who thinks they are beyond or above the law, no matter what their background or locality.

*whispers* despite having myself, many moons ago, attended a boarding prep school in Dorset o_O.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Rowreach, you're Bucolic! I'm impressed, though I'm not sure why it's an insult. Is it like saying someone is 'nice'....?

Bucolic
adjective /byo͞oˈkälik/ 
Of or relating to the pleasant aspects of the countryside and country life

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Rowreach, you're Bucolic! I'm impressed, though I'm not sure why it's an insult. Is it like saying someone is 'nice'....?

Bucolic
adjective /byo͞oˈkälik/ 
Of or relating to the pleasant aspects of the countryside and country life

Well that totally sums me up :D and my job, as it happens :p If you like squirrels, hares and bats ...

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Well I love the owls, especially the barn owls, just beautiful, and the little owls, so cute!

I've got loads of wildflowers because I haven't fertilised now for nearly thirty years :)

Judgemental

The Internet makes one's location irrelevant
Visit site
Hunt comes under fire for crossing busy road in 'poorly lit conditions'
'It poses a serious threat to public safety'
By Tommy Joyce
    • 8:02, 23 FEB 2019
News
0_TJR_SOM_210219huntingafterdark_03.jpg
The animal rights campaigners have called it a serious threat to public safety (Image: Somerset Wildlife Crime)

Anti-hunting campaigners have accused a hunt of being 'selfish' after releasing pictures of members crossing the road with hounds in poorly lit conditions.
Somerset Wildlife Crime and Hounds Off claim they photographed the Blackmore and Sparkford Vale Hunt on the evening of February 19, crossing the busy A352 near Longburton, Sherborne, at approximately 5.30pm.

Pictures show a huntsman with hounds crossing the main road in dim conditions with many cars nearby with their lights on.

1_TJR_SOM_210219huntingafterdark_04.jpg

It is alleged that this happened at 5.30pm on the A352 near Longburton in Dorset. (Image: Somerset Wildlife Crime)
A Facebook post from Somerset Wildlife Crime read: "Hunting until after dark on dangerous roads poses a serious threat to public safety.
"The Hounds Off monitor present was so concerned for the welfare on everyone on the road that he put his hazard lights on warning other drivers on the A352 of the dangerous obstruction caused by the hunt."
Somerset Live approached Countryside Alliance - the organisation which deals with press enquiries for hunts - but it failed to respond to our questions sent on Wednesday, February 20.

0_TJR_SOM_210219huntingafterdark_01.jpg

Allegedly, the animal rights group had to put their hazards on to notify other drivers (Image: Somerset Wildlife Crime)
Joe from Hounds Off said these occurrences are not a rarity.
"It happens all the time", said Joe.
"What I don't understand is how they can put public road users at risk by having horse and hounds on the road at dusk while drivers have their lights on. They are not illuminated at all.
"Our monitor had to put his hazards on to notify other road users. It's totally and utterly selfish and inconsiderate.
"I find it hard to believe that they were trail hunting, especially adjacent to a main road.
"I feel they are putting two fingers up to the law and the public by doing this."

1_TJR_SOM_210219huntingafterdark_02.jpg

It occurred in Dorset (Image: Somerset Wildlife Crime)

Steerpike

Visit site
I've ran into, not literally luckily, my local hunt on a busy A road in darker conditions than that, they are a law unto themselves

Fred66

Visit site
JM we get it you don't approve of hunts in any shape or form. You therefore look for the worst in any situation where hunting is involved.

It looks to me as though they have come to the end of the day and have realised they are missing a (some) hound(s) and are therefore trying to retrieve it (them). In order not to endanger people by calling them from off the road (which potentially could cause hounds to run across the road without warning) they have put themselves into the road with other foot followers in cars with warning lights and called them from there.

Same picture different interpretation.;)

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
JM we get it you don't approve of hunts in any shape or form. You therefore look for the worst in any situation where hunting is involved.

It looks to me as though they have come to the end of the day and have realised they are missing a (some) hound(s) and are therefore trying to retrieve it (them). In order not to endanger people by calling them from off the road (which potentially could cause hounds to run across the road without warning) they have put themselves into the road with other foot followers in cars with warning lights and called them from there.

Same picture different interpretation.;)

What's your interpretation of posts one and six?

Fred66

Visit site
What's your interpretation of posts one and six?
I haven't drawn any conclusions a) I haven't watched the video b) even if I had I would be wary of whether it had been edited c) not prepared to take at face value JM description of events as they are not an unbiased poster

However I have the following observations: obviously hounds in the graveyard is not desirable, from knowledge of other hound packs I don't believe that they would have drawn in the graveyard (even pre-ban), trails are laid and hounds do occasionally either lose the trail completely and or pick up the wrong one, was the real trail laid adjacent to the church yard, hounds straying does not make it an illegal hunt.

There is no indication as JM has said that they deliberately hunted a fox through a graveyard, in fact in JM's own words no hunters were seen in the graveyard. So do I believe that the hunt deliberately sent hounds into the graveyard after a fox then the answer is no I don't

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
So do I believe that the hunt deliberately sent hounds into the graveyard after a fox then the answer is no I don't
You are happy to declare that you have not seen the video. You need to see the video before you can make pronouncements like this.

The hunt, at best, made no effort to call hounds out of the graveyard and appeared to be encouraging them on to the fox until the monitors challenged them. There is very little editing of the video, the camcorder was left to run to see what the hunt would do if left to themselves. Pretty damning, actually.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
You really ought to watch the video Fred, with sound to listen to the huntsman. You will be well aware what the different calls mean I am sure and I think it would have been hard to edited them in.

I posted it as someone who does and would still be if I had a horse be hunting.

Judgemental

Visit site
There was I pottering about the Internet and on MSN. Suddenly there was an eruption of sound in the form of a pack of hounds in full cry. Having quickly deleted several screens, what did I find but the Blackmore and Sparkford Vale Hounds 'That Video' seemingly having gone viral. As part of Mr Jeremy Hunt's latest pledge to repeal the 2004 Hunting Act. Oh dear, Hunt went to Charterhouse whereas, dearest Bojo went to Eton.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Has Judgmentals account been hacked by sabs ? From memory, JM has always been very pro hunt, but now he seems to have done a 180 degree turn.
I don't support any blood sport and rarely agree with JM, but I do support the right to have an authentic voice and identity.
If sabs want to voice their opinion, they should do it in their own name.

Judgemental

Visit site
Has Judgmentals account been hacked by sabs ? From memory, JM has always been very pro hunt, but now he seems to have done a 180 degree turn.
I don't support any blood sport and rarely agree with JM, but I do support the right to have an authentic voice and identity.
If sabs want to voice their opinion, they should do it in their own name.

My dear sir or madam, oh no, no sabs here! There is very deep historical meaning to my recent posts.
Leaving that aside, upon further investigation, I found that 'The Video' is being trailed (no pun intended) this morning by none other than The PRESS ASSOCIATION! That is a first.
Hunt's people will live to regret the idea of repealing the Hunting Act as part of Hunt's political offering. Because it will be married up with every possible adverse hunting image or 'optics' as is the current vernacular. Because and 'The Video' which is probably one of the best, makes it clear Charlie was being hunted through Charlton Hawthorne Church Yard.
There are 161,000 Conservative Party members eligible to vote for the next Prime Minister (ridiculously undemocratic) and potential repeal of the hunting act or no repeal, the majority will find hunting a fox through a church yard and one with cubs or about to sprog, as wholly unacceptable.
'That Video' could have a major impact on who is elected as the next
Prime Minister.
They, the 161,000 will feel they are adversely tainted by association with such an event.

Last edited:

Judgemental

Visit site
My dear sir or madam, oh no, no sabs here! There is very deep historical meaning to my recent posts.
Leaving that aside, upon further investigation, I found that 'The Video' is being trailed (no pun intended) this morning by none other than The PRESS ASSOCIATION! That is a first.
Hunt's people will live to regret the idea of repealing the Hunting Act as part of Hunt's political offering. Because it will be married up with every possible adverse hunting image or 'optics' as is the current vernacular. Because and 'The Video' which is probably one of the best, makes it clear Charlie was being hunted through Charlton Hawthorne Church Yard.
There are 161,000 Conservative Party members eligible to vote for the next Prime Minister (ridiculously undemocratic) and potential repeal of the hunting act or no repeal, the majority will find hunting a fox through a church yard and one with cubs or about to sprog, as wholly unacceptable.
'That Video' could have a major impact on who is elected as the next
Prime Minister.
They, the 161,000 will feel they are adversely tainted by association with such an event.
There are times when the cynical manipulative guile of Politian's beggars belief. Hunt has said he has never been hunting and does not know what it's all about, other than its something that goes on in the countryside. Mrs May tried the same ploy at the last unnecessary election, to get people to vote for the. Conservatives and look where that got her. Reckon one will better of with dearest Bojo and 20,000 more police officers to deal with sabs! None of them have a cat's chance in hell of repeal of the 2004 hunting act.

Last edited:

Judgemental

Visit site
EXCLUSIVE: Astonishing footage shows hunting chaos on busy Dorset road for THIRD time in three weeks as horses and hounds block traffic while rider crawls through hedge
  • Red coated huntsman dismounts to lead pack of hounds on his hands and knees
  • Traffic in either direction is brought to standstill near Alweston, Dorset
  • West Country's Blackmore and Sparkford Vale Hunt has disrupted busy roads three times in last three weeks
  • Huntsman identified as Peter Mark Doggrell, who was cleared of GBH three years ago after an altercation with a hunt saboteur
  • Hunt monitor Pete White said: 'It is incredibly dangerous to have up to 40 fox hounds tearing across an A-road. It is only a matter of time before someone is killed.'
By Ross Slater and Nick Fagge For Mailonline
Published: 11:47, 30 October 2019 | Updated: 12:39, 30 October 2019
  • https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-three-weeks-hounds-block-cars.html#comments

This is the astonishing moment a huntsman blocks a busy A-road with his hounds and horses before getting on his hands and knees and clambering through a hedge in the pouring rain.
    The red coated huntsman is seen riding his grey horse up and down the hedgerow before dismounting and guiding the dogs into a sodden field to track a scent.
    Identified as Peter Mark Doggrell, he then crawls through the undergrowth, getting covered in mud as he splashes off on foot with the dogs through the fields.
    As the spectacle unfolds, vans and cars are filmed backing up at a standstill in both directions on the A3030 near Alweston, Dorset.

Huntsman crawls through hedge while traffic on A3030 is held up

20365586-0-image-m-4_1572431523238.jpg

This is the astonishing moment a huntsman blocks a busy A-road with his hounds and horses; as he clambers through a hedge in the pouring rain. As the spectacle unfolds, vans and cars are filmed backing up at a standstill in both directions on the A3030 near Alweston, Dorset"
    • This is the astonishing moment a huntsman blocks a busy A-road with his hounds and horses as he clambers through a hedge in the pouring rain. As the spectacle unfolds, vans and cars are filmed backing up at a standstill in both directions on the A3030 near Alweston, Dorset
  • 20365574-7629949-image-m-23_1572431989057.jpg

"Identified as Peter Mark Doggrell, the red coated huntsman is seen riding his grey horse up and down the hedgerow before dismounting and guiding the dogs into a sodden field to track a scent"

• Identified as Peter Mark Doggrell, the red coated huntsman is seen riding his grey horse up and down the hedgerow before dismounting and guiding the dogs into a sodden field to track a scent

Lulwind

Visit site
Weeks old news now. Would you like me to post a link of Weymouth Animal Rights deliberately calling hounds onto a road?

In the meantime try playing a new tune

Judgemental

Visit site
Weeks old news now. Would you like me to post a link of Weymouth Animal Rights deliberately calling hounds onto a road?

In the meantime try playing a new tune
Shocking video shows moment cars swerve and brake to avoid horror smash when foxhunt horses and hounds spill out onto busy Dorset road
  • Video taken on Saturday afternoon shows hounds and huntsmen on horseback wandering on a busy stretch of the A352 near Sherborne, Dorset
  • Footage shows how the hunt supporters clashed with those activists monitoring their activity and filming
  • Cars can be seen breaking and moving out of the way amid the mayhem in wet conditions as half a dozen huntsmen trot up the road
  • In chaotic scenes in wet conditions, the hounds take over the road completely with one dog almost ending up beneath a car
By Ross Slater For Mailonline
Published: 14:47, 15 October 2019 | Updated: 18:54, 15 October 2019
  • https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...t-horses-hounds-spill-busy-road.html#comments

A shocking video shows the chaos caused when a fox hunt spills out onto a busy A-road in gloomy and wet conditions.
    The footage, shot on Saturday morning, begins with riders and some 20 hounds sniffing around a clump of trees.
    Having apparently found nothing, the Blackmore and Sparkford Vale Hunt then moves onto woodland near a busy stretch of the A352 in Dorset.
    With heavy rain falling and traffic everywhere, half a dozen huntsmen can be seen trotting down the middle of the road, seemingly oblivious to the problems they are causing for the heavy traffic around them.

Chaos on roads and near misses caused by illegal fox hunt

19741428-7575173-image-a-4_1571144943994.jpg

Huntsmen from the Blackmore and Sparkford Vale Hunt were filmed trotting along the busy A352 near Sherborne in Dorset by activists monitoring their activities on Saturday
    19741440-7575173-image-a-1_1571144920582.jpg

Chaos reigned on the congested dual carriageway as cars slowed down to avoid the party of huntsmen and their hounds, with one dog almost being dragged beneath one of the vehicles

The hunt is joined by supporters riding a quad bike along the road near Sherborne.
    As they wait, the hunt's 'whipper in', a red-coated huntsman on a grey horse, can be seen standing in the road near a bend and then criss-crossing it as drivers are forced to brake.
    After four and a half minutes, the hounds are shown in full cry having apparently picked up a scent. A frightened young fox cub then appears on the A352 behind the huntsmen.
    The footage then appears to show the huntsmen, who have been milling around by the side of the road, canter toward the animal as the hounds approach the busy road from the wood.
    The huntsmen, now aware they are being film, try desperately and unsuccessfully to keep the hounds off the road as traffic rushes towards them.
    One huntsmen shouts, 'Wo' and brandishes his whip at cars as the dogs, high on fox scent, run out on the road.
    Chaos then reigns with horse and hounds taking over the road completely. One dog almost ends up beneath a car but the driver just swerves to avoid impact.
    The video, made by activists from hunt monitoring group Somerset Wildlife Crime, then captures the reaction of some of the angry hunt supporters to being filmed.
    19741410-7575173-image-a-2_1571144930734.jpg

There were clashes between supporters of the hunt and those activists where were filming the action in north Dorset over the weekend with police called when a camera was smashed
    19741418-0-image-a-7_1571146406554.jpg

A fox cub runs across the road during the hunt as hounds pick up the scent and give chase
    On a nearby country lane, one burly hunt supporter with a hood gets into an argument with a monitor holding a camera saying: 'Don't talk to me like that. I'll stand in your face all f***ing day.'
    The cameraman then suggests that he may have been drinking alcohol to which the hunt supporter responds with: 'Have I really? Go call the police then, go on. Do it now cos I'll stand here for a month because guess one thing mate, I am completely f***ing teetotal.'
    He then headbutts the camera breaking the lens as two women also square off against one another nearby.
    A man attempts to calm the situation down with an agreement that they each go their separate ways but not before the angry hunt supporter looks down at a swamp and tells the activist: 'You'll go swimming in a minute.'
    As this is happening, a female hunt supporter allegedly elbows a female camerawoman in the chest.
    The camerawoman is heard saying: 'If you do that again, to secure my own personal safety I will put my hands on you and restrain you.'
    The hunt supporter retorts with: 'Touch me and I'll restrain you. You won't be getting up.'
    The whole hunt can then be seen trotting off with the hounds down the country lane to have their hunt's breakfast.
    Bobbie Armstrong, 40, from Somerset Wildlife Crime, said: 'Hunting mammals with dogs has been illegal since 2004 but we still witness foxes running from hounds when the hunts are engaged in what they call trail hunting.'
    Unsurprisingly, given that they use animal scent for the trail, it often ends with fox cubs falling victim to the hounds.
    19741416-7575173-Commenting_on_the_unsafe_road_conditions_an_activist_said_This_i-a-16_1571161821653.jpg

Commenting on the unsafe road conditions, an activist said: 'This is not unusual. The hunt do this every week and are totally indifferent to anyone complaining. What is unusual is to capture it on camera.'
    'In this case it was a miracle that no-one was injured. There was surface water everywhere and the huntsmen were treating the busy A352 as though it were their own.
    'This stretch of road is covered by the national speed limit so the danger for drivers coming around bends in the wet and being met by 20 horses and hounds all over the road is obvious.
    'This is not unusual. The hunt do this every week and are totally indifferent to anyone complaining. What is unusual is to capture it on camera.
    'They see it as their right to continue this age honoured tradition of hunting animals.
    'We have reported the incident along with the assaults and damage to the camera to the police.'
    The Blackmore and Sparkford Vale Hunt were contacted for comment but have not yet replied.
    Dorset Police said its officers are investigating reports of road safety offences and are appealing for witnesses or anyone with dashcam footage to come forward.