Yet another delightful rider..... not..... when will this end?

nikicb

www.facebook.com

TPO

Visit site
The take away is that FEI and USEF have known for months, done nothing and sponsored/funded him to come to the UK.

Edited- fb links are safe. Not sure why they're in Arabic.

ihatework

Visit site
The ‘Me To’ period for horses is now building momentum and I’m bloody glad about it.
Expose the abusers, support rather than silence the whistleblowers, and clean up the sport. The governing bodies soon won’t have any choice but to act hard and fast rather than sweep it under the carpet.

MickeyFinn22

Visit site

TheMule

Visit site
If the sport's federations are not going to take any action then I can see individual events starting to refuse to accept entries. This is an absolute travesty for the poor horses that suffer this (totally unwarranted) abuse, but also for the sport as a whole.
There needs to be a very clear message sent out that animal abuse is not tolerated and that people who abuse animals, historically and new cases, have no place in the sport.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
My understanding is the federations and national bodies don’t have the rules in place for when things are not done at competitions which has been a stumbling point and they are playing catch up to put them in which then needs to go through committee… and rightfully as can’t just have poor regulation put into place and poorly worded however quickly you need something implemented.

ihatework

Visit site
My understanding is the federations and national bodies don’t have the rules in place for when things are not done at competitions which has been a stumbling point and they are playing catch up to put them in which then needs to go through committee… and rightfully as can’t just have poor regulation put into place and poorly worded however quickly you need something implemented.

So how come CDJ could be suspended immediately?

Ifmpw

Visit site
So how come CDJ could be suspended immediately?
and so she should have been, but possibly because the complaint was lodged by an involved party - knew dates, times etc, this one - we dont know whom the horse is, where or when, and the poor mite is possibly owned by the abusive **** ?

ihatework

Visit site
Yeah, I’m actually completely speculating and don’t know the ins and outs of the rules, but my gut feel is if the governing bodies were 100% committed to exposing abuse and issuing sanctions they would make it happen much more quickly and consistently. I don’t doubt that rules might need to be more explicit but where there’s a will there’s a way. My gut is the governing bodies are cowards and either don’t care or don’t want to deal with the fallout of exposing abuse.
Well they may not have any choice soon ….