Yet another delightful rider..... not..... when will this end?

Parrotperson

Visit site
I must've missed this @Tiddlypom

Which horse is this? Why would you be stupid enough to take pictures and then post them?? (Ignoring the fact that it took the posting of them to get the penalty?)

nikicb

www.facebook.com

Which horse is this? Why would you be stupid enough to take pictures and then post them?? (Ignoring the fact that it took the posting of them to get the penalty?)

Here you go..... https://eventingnation.com/fei-issues-yellow-card-in-response-to-peta-complaint/

The FEI have issued a yellow card at the 2024 Paris Olympic Games to Brazilian team rider Carlos Parro in response to concerns raised by the animal rights group PETA.

A letter of concern and photographs were sent by PETA which appear to show Carlos hyper-flexing Safira to FEI president Ingmar De Vos on Friday.

“The FEI can confirm receipt of the letter and accompanying photographs from PETA highlighting the concerns about the conduct of Brazilian athlete Carlos Parro. The FEI Officials have issued a yellow warning card as the action of the athlete could have caused unnecessary discomfort to the horse,” The FEI said in a statement.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site

In addition to what nikicb posted in answer to your query, it is worth mentioning that the breeder who took and published the photos is an HHOer, albeit not one who posts much.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
In addition to what nikicb posted in answer to your query, it is worth mentioning that the breeder who took and published the photos is an HHOer, albeit not one who posts much.

So they are - last seen on the forum a couple of weeks before this happened. But as ester says above, all over FB defending the training method. :rolleyes:

JenJ

Visit site
It's all fine
cos he bred the horse
the horse is amazing
did I mention he bred the horse
he is very happy its all amazing
he bred the horse.
we should all be very happy that he bred such a great horse.

Is kind of how it went.
Just to be clear in case I've misunderstood - he bred the horse?

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Sorry slow to the party, but just saw that Andreas Helgstrand has been given an additional three month suspension for his involvement in the Carina Cassoe Kruth whipping video from DRF activities, effective 3 October 2024. This means that he can compete again as of 3 January 2025. He has also been fined DKK 5,000.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Re. andrew there doesn't seem to be much to report other than the FEI told Allie they hadn't received her complaint. . . then they later said that they had which fills with confidence.
1729278295773.png

USEF aren't implementing the rule change which clarifies that they can sanction things that happen not at USEF shows until 1st December

Jenko109

Visit site
Can someone explain rollkur to me please?

As in, what is the point and purpose of doing it?

It isn't how you want the horse to go in the arena, so what is the purpose of making your horse work like it in the warm up??

shortstuff99

Visit site
Can someone explain rollkur to me please?

As in, what is the point and purpose of doing it?

It isn't how you want the horse to go in the arena, so what is the purpose of making your horse work like it in the warm up??
It was for "submission" originally. Made famous by Bonfire who was so hot to ride that Rolkur was the only way to make him submit to ride (apparently).