Yet another delightful rider..... not..... when will this end?

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
So how come CDJ could be suspended immediately?
I suspect that invokes disrepute of the organisation as hit national newspapers and no doubting it was her. Also came out with statement admitting guilt which actually came before the federations and national bodies banned so not just hearsay.

The big issue with videos above is they need to prove evidence and if AM says nope not me then they can’t just suspend people…. I know people want immediate action but sometimes it’s more nuanced.

ihatework

Visit site
I suspect that invokes disrepute of the organisation as hit national newspapers and no doubting it was her. Also came out with statement admitting guilt which actually came before the federations and national bodies banned so not just hearsay.

The big issue with videos above is they need to prove evidence and if AM says nope not me then they can’t just suspend people…. I know people want immediate action but sometimes it’s more nuanced.

Of course, no dispute on that, but if reports are to be believed this was reported to governing bodies months ago.
Like I said, where there’s a will there’s a way.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
Btw I am playing devils advocate here, but we also need to be careful as deep fakes and the capacity of AI is growing. We also know outrage makes money. Dressage Hub makes thousands out of it under the guise of promoting welfare which also borders on bullying.

I can see why federations are cautious as this is moving faster than they can cope with and they need legal advice before changing rules because can you as a federation really have reach over what someone does at home outside of the competition arena?

We are all used to it with jobs (if you get drunk and end up in Daily Heil doing something horrendous then you are often let go…) so I am not sure why with a membership body it can’t be implemented but it will need careful wording.

It’s a very fast changing world. It is the Me Too moment for horses and so it should be.

I'm Dun

Visit site

If it was me in the video and I denied it, work would suspend me while it was investigated. I cant see why this should be any different for sports

nikicb

www.facebook.com
It actually looks like he deliberately ran the horse out, so he could then punish it. He rode into a a flag as far as I can tell. Presumably 'teaching' the horse that running out will bring the wrath of hell onto your head. Just horrific.

Agreed - there was no way his approach line would have taken him to the fence itself. It wasn't like the horse ducked out at the last second.

and so she should have been, but possibly because the complaint was lodged by an involved party - knew dates, times etc, this one - we dont know whom the horse is, where or when, and the poor mite is possibly owned by the abusive **** ?

But presumably the person who took the video would have that information, and generally whatever was used to video (I am guessing a phone), would have location/time/date etc. stored.

I think the sporting bodies need to realise that the more they try and keep all this stuff hushed up, the more their reputations will be tarnished when this all comes out in the open.

eahotson

Visit site
It actually looks like he deliberately ran the horse out, so he could then punish it. He rode into a a flag as far as I can tell. Presumably 'teaching' the horse that running out will bring the wrath of hell onto your head. Just horrific.
Another way of doing this that I have heard of is to set up a double with the wrong distance for the horse. The horse has to stop or run out .You then batter it.

daffy44

Visit site
This is just disgusting, whats wrong with people? Of course I dont wish any more harm on any more poor horses, but I do want more of these situations to be made public, because the governing bodies have to act, and do so much better than they currently are, its not good enough, people cant keep hiding their heads in the sand.

Wishfilly

Visit site

Yes, this is what it looked like to me as well, either that or his line was truly terrible- the whole thing is awful.

myheartinahoofbeat

Visit site
Maybe I’m a bit naive but that has really shocked me, I just don’t know what to say. How can someone who presumably likes these beautiful animals because he’s made a career with them, treat them like that????How disgusting 🤮. I’d like to smack him round the head.

I hope the person who was videoing intervened straight away