You know you are horsey when...

SophieLouBee

Visit site
When you look at high-street clothes that are horsey themed, fake jods, tops with horses on them, and think I can't wear those because I'd look like a wally. Even though nobody would know you actually had horses...

mhorses

Visit site
when people dont recognise you without a riding helmet on.
when you wear your muck boots more than anyother footwear.

dafthoss

Visit site
When you take the car for an MOT and the garage coments on how it smells of horse when you reliably inform them that there is nothing horsey in there (because you cleared it all out before dropping it off) and when you get in you cant smell any thing :confused:

Oh and the rare time you manage to pin all your horsey friends down to go out you walk straight past them as you didnt recognise them :eek:.

Last edited:

Shantara

Visit site
When your YO asks if you love a horse (that isn't even yours) more than your (now ex) boyfriend and without changing your expression, you say "Without a doubt"

When you get irritated by all these new 'fake' horse riding things. I almost asked a customer at work if she had a horse...then I noticed the lack of mud.

When your arms around a horses neck, is better than your arms around a man.

Ginger Bear

Visit site
When you like the smell of your horses breath.. Or when you tell the kids to 'stand' before crossing the road!! Lol - my mum used to do this to me or even call me the horses' name!

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
when you are walking around the country park, spot hoofprints in the mud and are instantly able to inform your walking mates that said horse was shod in front but barefoot behind!

also when at work discussing which car you would buy if you won the lottery everyone else thinks you're mad when you say you want a swb land rover complete with roof rack, spot lights, winch and snorkel intake!!

Last edited:

maresmaid

Visit site
When you drive to the yard at 7am on a Sunday morning and notice everyone's curtains are still closed and you wonder why anyone would want to waste so much time lying in bed.

When you try very very hard to remember what you used to do with your time before you had horses - and can't remember doing anything at all with all that free time.

When you find yourself weighing up the cost of new shoes / handbag etc in terms of bales of hay / corn or bedding.

When the smell of new tack in a saddlery actually makes your heart beat faster.

maresmaid

Visit site
When you put your hand in your pocket for a hankie and pull out.
A handfull of straw
A peice of baling string.
A fold up hoofpick..
2 horse treats or peices of shrivelled up carrot.
A screwed up feed receipt with competition details scrawled on the back.
Half a pkt of polo mints
and a hankie which looks like it's been used to clean your shoes.

Emilieu

Visit site
When everything you asked for for Christmas is actually for him...

Love these. I'm another teacher who clicks at the kids and tells them to walk on! And there's two pics on my desk - one of him, one of the cat! I also hold shopping bags like reins, always have done x

Cobiau Cymreig Wyllt

Visit site
Guilty of so many of the above...especially clicking on the children I take on the school run to get them across the road quickly - not to mention telling them to 'walk on' but my very own personal little quirk is - without even realising I was doing it, (until ages after) - I accidentally taught my daughter to lift her feet to help her with putting shoes on by running my hand down her shin and clucking when I got to the back of her ankle!! I tug at her non-existent fetlock as well if she's not paying attention!!! Oops! I totally didn't realise I was doing it til I caught myself one day..:D
The plus-side is - she's 'good for the farrier'!!!! :D:D:D

JustKickOn

Visit site
When you refuse a night out with the girls because you've planned to get up to the yard early for a serious schooling session.

When your OH knows that horse time will rise above his time on every occasion, and when you text your OH to say you're going to be late, and he knows it's because you've been at the yard.

When you're asked to leave Waitrose because your boots are too muddy and you have straw in your hair... :eek: :rolleyes: :p

Last edited:

Britestar

Visit site
Telling OH to 'walk on' when he is dawdling, and 'Woah-hup' when you want him to stop!

Not caring if you go to tesco in muddy jodhs and smelling of horse, because you couldn't be bothered to chance, as you'd just to change back when you got home.

There is a little pile of straw/hay where you take your clothes off at night.

Spending outrageous amounts on shoes/ rugs for ponio, whilst humming and haing about spending £12 ona new pair of work shoes - and when did you lasy buy a new coat??

jojo5

Visit site
You do the supermarket shopping in yard clothes after finishing the horses without giving it a second thought . . . Until you leave your yard jacket in the car and realise what it actually smells like . . . . :)

teamsarazara

Visit site
When you click at your wheelbarrow cause it wont move...
You have about two normal outfits and about 70 horse outfits.
When everyone thinks your rich...

Black_Horse_White

Visit site
When you go into a shoe shop and see a pair of boots you like and shout out loud "how much" I'm not paying £60 for a pair of boots. Then go to the saddlery and buy some for £200 and not bat an eye lid.

Jazzy B

Visit site
You do the supermarket shopping in yard clothes after finishing the horses without giving it a second thought . . . Until you leave your yard jacket in the car and realise what it actually smells like . . . . :)

^^^^ :D

but what is worse still, is when you walk round supermarket not particularly caring that you have your boots and silly woolly hat on but worry if you have to pop to the supermarket before a night out in your "posh stuff" and worry about what people will think??? :confused: