2021 Foals .. what have you got cooking ?

Asha

Visit site
Rosie is getting on okay. She goes back to stud in a week and I’m a little bit worried she won’t fit in the trailer with the partition in as she looks enormous! Poor thing has a bit of oedema in front of her udder but she seems happy enough.

I am very much looking forward to her being at the stud so I can stop overthinking!

I’m sure she will be , does she have far to travel ? we had a similar dilemma the other week . Had to take Aria for her caslick removed . She only just fit In The stocks ??

at least you can sit back then and let others do the watching ( worrying ?) it’s reaching all those little miles stones that make it so exciting.

Abi90

Visit site
I’m sure she will be , does she have far to travel ? we had a similar dilemma the other week . Had to take Aria for her caslick removed . She only just fit In The stocks ??

at least you can sit back then and let others do the watching ( worrying ?) it’s reaching all those little miles stones that make it so exciting.

Its about 3 hours in the trailer so I’m worrying about that, but the stud are not haha

it’s a IW 510 so there is oceans of room! But it is an important mile stone. Means 5 weeks to go until “due date”

I hope yours doesn’t keep you waiting much longer!

Asha

Visit site
So this week weve seen the start of the mucus plug ( or varicose vein ) as shes had a bit of dried blood on her vulva. Then last night when she came in found the whole mucus plug on her vulva. She was very uncomfortable last night, lots of raising her back leg / a bit of rolling . So i stayed up to watch, come 1am she went to sleep, so i did. Shes gone quite needy at the minute, wanting her bum rubbed/massaged. She doesnt want to be near her best friend either at the minute. Not much of a bag, but what she does have is white spots around the udders, but no wax yet. Hope everyone elses mares are well

photo of mucus plug if anyone is interested in that sort of thing ?AA602A4E-3BA4-4C92-B123-F7A0CED8226C.jpeg

TheMule

Visit site
So this week weve seen the start of the mucus plug ( or varicose vein ) as shes had a bit of dried blood on her vulva. Then last night when she came in found the whole mucus plug on her vulva. She was very uncomfortable last night, lots of raising her back leg / a bit of rolling . So i stayed up to watch, come 1am she went to sleep, so i did. Shes gone quite needy at the minute, wanting her bum rubbed/massaged. She doesnt want to be near her best friend either at the minute. Not much of a bag, but what she does have is white spots around the udders, but no wax yet. Hope everyone elses mares are well

photo of mucus plug if anyone is interested in that sort of thing ?View attachment 70476

And so begin the sleepless nights. Good luck!

Abi90

Visit site
Asha that’s very exciting, good luck!!

I’m taking Rosie back to stud tomorrow, which a very exciting milestone!

poor thing has pockets of oedema on her belly. She’s a big horse with what looks like a big foal so it’s no unexpected. I remember one of the broodmares where I used to work looked like she had swallowed a surfboard when she was close to foaling with the oedema she had!

SpottyTB

Visit site
Just caught up on the thread. Good luck Asha - how exciting!! I’ve got a 3yo by Archie.. he’s amazing so I’m sure yours will be perfect, your mares lovely.

Asha

Visit site
Asha that’s very exciting, good luck!!

I’m taking Rosie back to stud tomorrow, which a very exciting milestone!

poor thing has pockets of oedema on her belly. She’s a big horse with what looks like a big foal so it’s no unexpected. I remember one of the broodmares where I used to work looked like she had swallowed a surfboard when she was close to foaling with the oedema she had!

One step closer for you and Rosie ! A friend of mines mare suffered really badly with oedema, i say suffered it looked awful but she seemed quite happy. Good luck with the trip there, and i hope she settles in really quickly x

Asha

Visit site
Just caught up on the thread. Good luck Asha - how exciting!! I’ve got a 3yo by Archie.. he’s amazing so I’m sure yours will be perfect, your mares lovely.

Thanks SpottyTB , Aria is the double of her mum Asha.. so im keeping my fingers crossed for another carbon copy with the Archie chunk and his gorgeous temperament

SpottyTB

Visit site
Thanks SpottyTB , Aria is the double of her mum Asha.. so im keeping my fingers crossed for another carbon copy with the Archie chunk and his gorgeous temperament

I’m sure you’ll get what you ordered! The mare I used is a chestnut & white.. I had my heart set on a bay colt ?.. was told by several stud people it was a pipeline hope. Well I got my bay colt ?, he has a big white blaze like his mum, two socks and a splash (which you can only see from one side). So not bad at all ??. Just keep telling her stomach what you want ????

Asha

Visit site
I’m sure you’ll get what you ordered! The mare I used is a chestnut & white.. I had my heart set on a bay colt ?.. was told by several stud people it was a pipeline hope. Well I got my bay colt ?, he has a big white blaze like his mum, two socks and a splash (which you can only see from one side). So not bad at all ??. Just keep telling her stomach what you want ????
Oohh your boy sounds amazing !! With just the right amount of bling . I hope you post about him when he’s backed , be lovely to watch your progress . Archie really stamps his stockt doesn’t he ?
Arias belly will be very confused by now as I’ve asked for both a chestnut filly and a chestnut colt ??? both with a couple of white socks and a white stripe ⭐️?

Asha

Visit site
I was very excited for the weekend just gone, after the mucus plug coming away i though we where off, lots of unsettled behaviour, lying down, getting up, pacing etc etc . But diddly squat.
Had a look at her vulva this morning and noticed a bit of brown liquid, it didnt smell, and wasnt poo juice, was a little bit concerned, plus it looked as she had healed up ( caslick removed 2 weeks ago). So had a chat with the vet who offered to pop out. I was right in that the caslick had rehealed so she opened her up a bit more, vet not overly concerned about the brown liquid. She reckons we have at least another week to go... so at least i can enjoy the fence judging this weekened at Bradwall

Hope everyone else mares are cooking well:)

Abi90

Visit site
I was very excited for the weekend just gone, after the mucus plug coming away i though we where off, lots of unsettled behaviour, lying down, getting up, pacing etc etc . But diddly squat.
Had a look at her vulva this morning and noticed a bit of brown liquid, it didnt smell, and wasnt poo juice, was a little bit concerned, plus it looked as she had healed up ( caslick removed 2 weeks ago). So had a chat with the vet who offered to pop out. I was right in that the caslick had rehealed so she opened her up a bit more, vet not overly concerned about the brown liquid. She reckons we have at least another week to go... so at least i can enjoy the fence judging this weekened at Bradwall

Hope everyone else mares are cooking well:)

I got all excited Asha and thought this was an announcement!

Rosie is good, the stud have said her oedema has mostly gone down now she’s out 24/7 so she will be more comfortable. Still a way off yet though

Asha

Visit site
I got all excited Asha and thought this was an announcement!

Rosie is good, the stud have said her oedema has mostly gone down now she’s out 24/7 so she will be more comfortable. Still a way off yet though

sorry about that Abi90 .. I so wish it was . Maiden mares eh !!
That’s great news about Rosie , glad she’s settled and happy . That must be a weight off your mind ?

Asha

Visit site
We have a beautiful bay filly . Born 2.45am this morning. She’s a chunky monkey, she’s up fed and done the weed an poos . I’m knackered, stayed up all night watching. Good job I did she got a bit stuck , and a partial red bag delivery . It was coming out with the white bag . But all ok now F7D49868-9AB5-424A-B371-914DC14DF5DB.jpeg

tda

Visit site
Fantastic, well done xx
After watching an online webinar I'm now worried about red bag delivery, but at least I know what it is now and what to do xx

Asha

Visit site
Thank you all for your comments

Yesterday didn’t quite go to plan . I noticed her hock was swollen . So vets asked me to take her in as they where concerned Aria had stood on her . So only 9hrs old she and Aria had a trip out . Fortunately the vets is just around the corner. She was xrayed and scanned and all clear . They clipped the fur off and noticed bruising . They say that as she had a bit of a difficult birth she could have been bashed around a bit . So box rest for a few days . Vets coming out today to check her levels and will have another look over . But as she’s bouncing around everywhere they are not worried . She was amazing at the vets and Aria was a real star as well .
2612E5D1-A4CC-4C9A-880F-EC1D987A68D2.jpeg794015BA-3060-4FAA-9191-16E4ED5D2968.jpeg3EF47617-5526-46E6-8694-4770CAC8AA29.jpeg

Asha

Visit site
Fantastic, well done xx
After watching an online webinar I'm now worried about red bag delivery, but at least I know what it is now and what to do xx

I watched the one done by Stallion A I . It’s been 4 years since we had a foal so was great to do a refresher . Have to say it really helped when I was in the middle of it .

Reactions: tda