2022 Foals

Asha

Visit site
One was decided last year though we weren't able to proceed this time, and if he's still going (getting on a bit) i will stick with him. Royal Rubin, a big orange by Rubinstein, ought to complement my own orange.
the other is still a work in progress ;) not getting my hopes up in case the pre-breeding exam is not hopeful.

ooh fingers crossed all goes well for the breeding exam ?

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Amber is in foal to Ebony Duke, Class 1 RID. Not the stallion I chose (long story too) but he looks lovely. Here is dad:

3658493.jpg

Amber herself is by Beachball (Obos Quality X Echo Beach) and is out of a Classic Vision mare.

I am beyond excited to have Amber's foal.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
who is on the shortlist?
most likely to stick with what was supposed to be the plan in 2021 which is for Salty to go to Royal Rubin, nice chestnut hann who competed international GP. Son of Rubinstein so has trainable lines and progeny are amateur friendly.
I did consider going for something more fancy and fashionable but i think he will complement her and hopefully make a useful horse for me :)

ihatework

Visit site
most likely to stick with what was supposed to be the plan in 2021 which is for Salty to go to Royal Rubin, nice chestnut hann who competed international GP. Son of Rubinstein so has trainable lines and progeny are amateur friendly.
I did consider going for something more fancy and fashionable but i think he will complement her and hopefully make a useful horse for me :)

Nice choice. Solid sort who has been there and got the t-shirt rather than just flouncing around and auction ring

Asha

Visit site
Amber is in foal to Ebony Duke, Class 1 RID. Not the stallion I chose (long story too) but he looks lovely. Here is dad:

3658493.jpg

Amber herself is by Beachball (Obos Quality X Echo Beach) and is out of a Classic Vision mare.

I am beyond excited to have Amber's foal.

you can’t beat a nice ID ?
well OH came good for my birthday and has offered to stump up a stud fee :D so bring on 2023 foals thread, haha :p wishing my life away, as normal.

fabulous news . Now that’s what you call a horsey other half ?

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
2 due this year. One pure bred Trakehner and one part bred. First in April is maiden mare Poppy (EH Goldschmit x EH Van Deyk) to the lovely Samaii. I used Samaii once in the past on a half Trakehner mare and got a dual RIHS winner that was 2nd at HOYS so fingers crossed for a nice one again.
In May is 18 year old Elf (Tycoon x EH Consul) to the Grand Prix stallion Kaiserdom (who incidentally is by EH Van Deyk). Will keep this one if it is a filly. Then dramatically cutting down and will only breed max of one a year in future.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I have a foal due ?

from my mare I evented at Novice level. Sadly she had a field injury as a 5yo which left her asymmetrical and it all caught up with her last year. I love the mare, best horse I have had to ride but loathed dressage. Wanted to add longer step, quicker in front and a more conventional jump.

Stallion is Chrysler key a young sjing stallion they rate really highly (Comme il Faut x Calido x Calypso) and the Mare is Jaguar Mail x Lir x Noble Imp so pretty much 90% TB.

Attachments

• BF4F6759-30FA-4772-94B0-8D7712AF722B.jpeg
    BF4F6759-30FA-4772-94B0-8D7712AF722B.jpeg
    180.2 KB · Views: 40

Asha

Visit site
Meeeeee! The mare is my profile is in foal to a PRE. We are at 292 days, and I am alarmed I may expire before she foals as Im so excited/ terrified :D

how’s your mare bred is she pre as well ? I totally understand your excitement I love this bit .. the build up to foaling . The day dreams of what he/she will be like . Watching them move / kick . We are around 268 days now . Aria is till happy and galloping around like a loon ?

Horses_Rule

Visit site
Carrigfada looks a machine out hunting / team chasing . Great cross with a TB . Sounds like you will be busy in May !!

I know I am so excited!! Am
Hoping to get myself a proper hunting / eventing type. I have a full ID filly by him who is 2 this time and she’s so cool and has the best temperament so fingers crossed for another!

Asha

Visit site
How are everyone's mares doing? Mine is still 11 weeks out and looking pretty large!
View attachment 89972

she has a very contented face ,and looks as though shes enjoying her pregnancy.
Aria has just over a month to go, but if she goes the same time as last year then we have exactly 39 days until little one appears.
Ive just had a partition removed between 2 of the stables, so she now has a fab 24x14 foaling box. Just have to buy some straw now , and we are all set.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Amber has moved into her foaling box. She is not due till end June but she is huge already! Perhaps she is not a maiden mare after all? Though she was never even registered herself apart from at birth - she came to me unnamed at 6 still with just a foal number in her passport - so I can't see that anyone deliberately bred from her. Maybe a whoopise foal some time as a young horse?

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Also can anyone recommend a good book or 3 for me. I have From Birth to Backing which is great but something more holistic too and care focused not handling/educating focused. I have loads of experienced help on hand but I like to read a lot too.

TheMule

Visit site
Amber has moved into her foaling box. She is not due till end June but she is huge already! Perhaps she is not a maiden mare after all? Though she was never even registered herself apart from at birth - she came to me unnamed at 6 still with just a foal number in her passport - so I can't see that anyone deliberately bred from her. Maybe a whoopise foal some time as a young horse?

Mine is huge and absolutely definitely a maiden!

Alibear

Visit site
@Ambers Echo Usually Some foals bred commercially aren't registered at birth, or just the bare minimum so that the purchaser can pick the name etc With the AQHA you have to register with a show name in the first year otherwise the costs sky rocket, so the stud just don't chose stable names instead, leaving that for the buyers.

Asha

Visit site
We have reached day 312, Aria now has a rather nice baby belly. I wish i looked as good when i was pregnant !

she has started to lose her winter coat, a lot more than last year. In fact shes actually got a couple of bald spots on her face/neck. ive read thats normal as its caused by her hormones. She didnt do it with Amara, anyone else had that ?

Attachments

• C323A992-6AD9-4B44-9D08-502744CA96BE.jpeg
    C323A992-6AD9-4B44-9D08-502744CA96BE.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 21

TheMule

Visit site
We have reached day 312, Aria now has a rather nice baby belly. I wish i looked as good when i was pregnant !

she has started to lose her winter coat, a lot more than last year. In fact shes actually got a couple of bald spots on her face/neck. ive read thats normal as its caused by her hormones. She didnt do it with Amara, anyone else had that ?

Yes, I had one go quite patchy, grew back in fine with summer coat
You're getting close, how exciting!

Asha

Visit site
Yes, I had one go quite patchy, grew back in fine with summer coat
You're getting close, how exciting!
Thats great to hear. Its all well and good googling stuff, but much more reassuring to hear someone else has had it. She usually has such a lovely coat too.

Horses_Rule

Visit site
We’re at day 311, little maiden has started growing some boobs and has some oedema under her belly but nothing really to worry about in the last few days she seems to have just ballooned bless her ! Big old lady is just enormous but she’s done it all before she knows the deal so no drama from her! Hopefully she’s being a good pregnancy coach ?

EventingMum

Visit site
I have just found out we are expecting a BOGOF! This mare is the gift that keeps on giving. When I had her vetted in February she had a slight white nasal discharge which the vet assured me was just a slight hay allergy as her strangles blood test was negative. To cut a long story short she swabbed positive for strangles so I obviously had to put the yard into lockdown. She was slightly lean when I got her so I was happy when she put on some weight however this soon turned into a worrying dropped belly although I kept hoping it was because she had foals before. Last week she was scanned and sure enough, she's in foal.

She is a nice little ISH with Clover Hill as a grandsire on the dam side. The person I bought her from only had her two or three weeks and had no idea she was in foal so I had to dig a bit further. I managed to get hold of someone who owns the stallion that covered her. Seemingly she was scanned not in foal and so sold on. The stallion is an unregistered Clydesdale x cob - why, just why! She supposedly should be due in August. The last time I bred a foal was 2009 so I will need to get organised. The owner of the stallion has expressed interest in buying the foal but I don't feel like getting involved with a backyard breeder. The breeding is as far removed from the type of horse I'd choose to breed and the mare will have ended up having at least a year out before being able to do the job she was bought for so it's far from ideal. However, my priority has to be the welfare of the mare and foal, beyond that I really can't think just now.

Good luck to everyone expecting a properly planned foal!