2023 Foals

JBM

Visit site
Oh bless him! What is his story? x
Well he was born in the rescue so I think he’s been very happy!
His mother is only 2 years old so was put in foal as a yearling
She was quite underweight when they got her but I suspect she wasn’t broken to ride or drive because she was so young

Attachments

• DD83FB5B-776F-4B7C-94C6-979A48AEDBD3.jpeg
    DD83FB5B-776F-4B7C-94C6-979A48AEDBD3.jpeg
    522.1 KB · Views: 75

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Delighted to introduce Mylo. He was born sometime between 5am and 7am this morning. Amber obviously likes to foal without an audience - this is the 2nd time the birth has been missed!

A colt. Unlike Felix, who fumbled around for hours and needed help to latch on, Mylo was up and feeding by the time he was found. :cool:

About 3 hours old in this clip. Very wobbly! Loooooong legs. He is so tall.

I wanted a filly but now he's here I could not be happier. And maybe another Chestnut mare would be pushing my luck 🤣

Posh name Aspire Driftwood Echo - named after his amazing mum Ambers Echo, with beach theme as a nod to his grandad, Beachball. By Legrande

He has wonky legs which I am sure will straighten out. He is bold and inquisitive. Amber is calm and happy and being a great mama as usual.

Mylo2.jpgMylo1.jpg

Asha

Visit site
The length of those legs 🤩. Love how he’s brave enough to just walk straight over . Congratulations. Well done mum too ❤️

I was about to answer your question about the number of days mares go to . Then saw your update ! Mine so far have all gone to the same date give or take 24hrs

Asha

Visit site
Born on day 323! Felix on day 322. So very consistent. We were calling him she in the video because the bits were extremely well hidden! Even the vet was not sure for a while.

We did the same , until the vets sent me this photo to prove she was in fact a he ( he had a little overnight stay as he was a it weak ) 🤣🤣

Attachments

• IMG_7682.jpeg
    IMG_7682.jpeg
    277.1 KB · Views: 52

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Yes that would have been simpler! We were peering under and as there were no dangly bits we assumed he was a she. In the end the vet established the lack of female parts as opposed to the prescence of male ones! Felix was very well hung from day 1 so I was not aware that they don't always come out like that 😆

ihatework

Visit site
Congrats AE - Mylar very striking!
Sure those front legs will straighten soon, just keep him contained for a few days if you can x

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
So which passport should I use for Mylo. Or does it not really matter? Amber is on an Irish Horse Register passport. Legrande on an AES one.

Asha

Visit site
Unless you’re planning to keep him entire it doesn’t really matter for gelding . Just go with the cheapest !

ETA with my last years foal I went with ShB(GB) purely because I want to show him as an adult .
But I’m assuming you want to do BE/BS , so doesn’t matter

TheMule

Visit site
So which passport should I use for Mylo. Or does it not really matter? Amber is on an Irish Horse Register passport. Legrande on an AES one.

AES will be the simplest, but I won’t use them on the grounds that they didn’t do compulsory DNA testing, even on the stallions they grade. Which is inconceivable to me as a sports horse stud book. SHBGB are a bit stuck in the dark ages, but I like the security of proven parentage.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Re-thinking the posh name… he has such striking markings I’m wondering about a name that references those. He’s definitely Mylo but any bright ideas for a name that relates to socks/stockings/blaze/white muzzle?

Parentage for further inspiration:
Sire: Legrande
Damsire Beachball (Obos Quality x Echo Beach).

Has to start with Aspire….

Thanks!

Last edited: