2023 Foals

Supercalifragilistic

Visit site
He’s beautiful and will be quite striking with those markings. For some reason I’m thinking lightning strikes/brightness etc so…
Aspire Grand Strike
Aspire Lightning Beach
Aspire Amber Strike
Aspire Lightning Echo
Aspire Flash of Amber

Think the last is my favourite

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions!

Other ideas:
Something relating to orange;
-paprika
- chilli
- pumpkin

But can’t see how to add in the white? Arctic /Cloud/Snow/Cirrus/Blanc/Latte

Or something related to his white face:

Masquerade
Masque
Phantom

Or his socks. Well, Sox I guess!

Or his future career as (hopefully) a sport horse: Dancer?

I don’t know. I love the sound of Driftwood Echo. I’ve had that name sorted for ages! But then I look at him
And think ‘but is that really you?’

231CA3C9-31BF-4484-B571-8261093A0B75.jpeg4315245E-EB5A-420D-BF1A-3011126C9010.jpeg

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Boring everyone now - sorry. But I can think of names that suit a cute and funny orange and white foal: Pumpkin Latte for example (with a bit of a nod to Legrande there too). But who do I want to be sat on galloping up the hill after my first novice!

AE safely over the last on her homebred gelding... " who" !

I do like Chilli because it sort of relates to feisty, fiery. Which is good for a bold horse.

Am I overthinking this 🤣

tda

Visit site
Re-thinking the posh name… he has such striking markings I’m wondering about a name that references those. He’s definitely Mylo but any bright ideas for a name that relates to socks/stockings/blaze/white muzzle?

Parentage for further inspiration:
Sire: Legrande
Damsire Beachball (Obos Quality x Echo Beach).

Has to start with Aspire….

Thanks!
Aspire Grand Balls ......obviously 😁

Clodagh

Visit site
He is stunning, I love the bling, what an eye catching chap he will be.
I don’t think you can use chilli (sorry) as everyone will assume he’s related to Chilli Morning.
Gorgeous. Have so much fun with him.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Aspire Hidden Balls more like!! Aspire Hidden Bits. 🤣

I came to the same conclusion about Chilli.

I am now on moon or star themes. (White). Or even reddish white: Harvest Moon. Sirius. Io.

It has rained non stop since he arrived! Rain Dance. Rain Dancer!!

But actually I think I might stick with PLan A. Looking at Eventing Scores start lists for inspiration and almost all the names bear no relation to what the horse looks like. They reference parentage or the stud or appear totally random! So a nice sounding name is the most important thing. With links to the breeding if possible.

ihatework

Visit site
I would be so keen to get him out - moving about!

I would be keen but cautious.
If he were mine he would be very restricted for awhile more. Tiny paddock 2 x 15 mins max a day if vet approves only. If they aren’t noticeably stronger / straighter in a week I might be tempted to intervene

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Stll struggling for a name. He is striking and feisty. Driftwood Echo sounds a bit ethereal! Not sure it really suits him. He is totally Mylo though.

Vet and farrier do need to intervene for his wonky leg which has improved a lot but is not straight. But they say he'll be fine. The video does not do it justice but his trot is fab!

Asha

Visit site
he looks such a sweetie, hes a real head turner. i hope his legs straighten without too much hassle. Didnt Felix have a similar issue ? How long did his take to strengthen /straighten ?

Reactions: tda

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Felix had wonkly legs which straightened on their own wihtih a few weeks. And a club foot which needed a hoof extension. All fine now though. Why are my foals so wonky? Amber is plenty roomy enough!