2023 Foals

dominobrown

Visit site
I only have one, the other one didn’t take and think it would be best to wait I till next year now.
The one that is in foal is to Sligo Candy Boy out of a Hollywood (Concorde) mare. Scanned with heartbeat

HappyHackerK8

Visit site
Does anyone ever have the autumn/fall scan done? I’m wondering how I’ll possibly get through the winter months without knowing if all is well or not ?

HappyHackerK8

Visit site
We’ve just had a healthy 45 day scan. Opted for this over the 60 day scan as A) I’m impatient
B) want the sex to be a surprise at birth.

So my vet has basically signed me off now until foaling (other than vaccines etc!) I don’t need the Fall scan, so I’m left just to worry about all being well! I may go for the 1st October scan anyway - unless there are any other ways to know all is well??? ?☺️

HappyHackerK8

Visit site
Also, does anyone know of any good pregnancy development apps/websites. My kids are beyond excited and would like to be able to show them some nice visuals of how our little foal is cooking ☺️

Marigold4

Visit site
We’ve just had a healthy 45 day scan. Opted for this over the 60 day scan as A) I’m impatient
B) want the sex to be a surprise at birth.

So my vet has basically signed me off now until foaling (other than vaccines etc!) I don’t need the Fall scan, so I’m left just to worry about all being well! I may go for the 1st October scan anyway - unless there are any other ways to know all is well??? ?☺️

We also had a 45 day scan this week. Vet is recommending equine herpes jab at 5 months next.

Asha

Visit site
Yay I can join in now. Amber (by Beachball) is in foal to Legrande. She scanned in foal to twins, one has been pinched and all is well. So far. Just 300+ days of stress and worry to go...

I'm also wanting filly vibes please x

Congratulations! You could try a 60day scan . They can sometimes tell gender then depending on how foal is lying . I don’t like to know as I enjoy the surprise. But daughter asked and vet thinks we are having a filly . How they can tell from those grainy scans amazes me !

HappyHackerK8

Visit site
Amber has her October scan on Friday, couldn’t get in any closer as they are so busy! I’m super nervous…it’s so odd not having a clue if they are in foal or not! I’m getting used to the constant worry that breeding brings…is she fit enough, is she eating enough, is she happy, relaxed, pregnant???? ?‍?

HappyHackerK8

Visit site
The foal was hiding from the scanner today! But the vet said she could definitely feel a foal! I guess that’s it now apart from vaccines etc - 1/4 of the way there ?

Asha

Visit site
We’ve just bought another broodmare . She’s a class 1 5YO 15.3 ID and already in foal . Due around the same time as my other mare. So end of May / beginning of June should be busy for us . Only a head shot at the minute as it’s been hard to get a flattering one .. she’s a bit err ‘well’ D7C86C4C-4B39-4C9D-A1EA-9E3D75915B06.jpeg

Asha

Visit site
Oh she's lovely! Who is she in foal to?

Thank you ! She’s a cracking mare and I’m chuffed to bits to be able buy her . shes in foal to Classic Scott . She’s by Corrindon Dancer out of a touch of the blues mare.
looking at her she’s quite maxicob in type so Classic Scott is a good choice for her as he’s more streamline ?