2023 Foals

Lyle

Visit site
Thank you everyone for your kind comments! I just love the foals, and am looking forward to seeing what else pops up in this thread over the next few months 😁 Here's Rolly having a nap in the sun.
@LadyGascoyne He's a Welsh D, by our stallion who is beautifully bred (fully imported sire and dam). The stallion is a 15.2hh athletic, sporty type. We have a few of his older progeny too, and they are super athletic types. Hope this boy gets his mum's flaxen mane!

shanebelton

Visit site
First post in many years... 6 weeks to go! first time breeder, (unplanned and due to injury at first event last year!) Mare (Eva aka Carrigshawn Bllue Imp) is now 9yo by Fiero (150cm sj) (Zirocco Blue x Indoctro x Master imp, a half sister to 4* eventer The Masters Harry and direct dam line to numerous other proven eventers (Carrigsean Tigers eye, Gortglas Crazy Love etc). Sire is a Holstenier called Cormint who is by Callido x Carthago... impatiently waiting already! :)

Attachments

• resized.jpg
    resized.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 37
  • CA260CAA-C67B-4513-A714-C364A19DFB12 res.jpeg
    CA260CAA-C67B-4513-A714-C364A19DFB12 res.jpeg
    383.1 KB · Views: 39
  • res 2.jpeg
    res 2.jpeg
    354.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 29511077_1925551190820168_3913763244329541170_n.jpg
    29511077_1925551190820168_3913763244329541170_n.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 35

Asha

Visit site
First post in many years... 6 weeks to go! first time breeder, (unplanned and due to injury at first event last year!) Mare (Eva aka Carrigshawn Bllue Imp) is now 9yo by Fiero (150cm sj) (Zirocco Blue x Indoctro x Master imp, a half sister to 4* eventer The Masters Harry and direct dam line to numerous other proven eventers (Carrigsean Tigers eye, Gortglas Crazy Love etc). Sire is a Holstenier called Cormint who is by Callido x Carthago... impatiently waiting already! :)

shes a cracker. Nice choice of sire too. Will look forward to seeing your foal photos

HappyHackerK8

Visit site
[/QUOTE

She is lush!Good luck and looking forward to seeing the updates x

HappyHopes

New User
Visit site
Hello Everyone! It has been wonderful reading your posts and seeing your lovely pictures (another Rolly fan!). So we are joining the 2023 club with a beautiful Section D mare by Crugybar Mabon Mai in foal to our gorgeous boy and due in May. Sorry no pictures, I need to learn how to reduce the file size......

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to cooler days
Visit site
My mare will be due early May, it will be a forest bred foal by Lucky Lane Rollo. Same sire as my current riding pony who is a little gem. It'll be my first forest bred foal for over a decade so very excited. Mare's fourth foal, so far 1 colt, 2 fillies, 2 bays and one dun. She is bay, sire is grey. Would like a grey colt, so I shall probably end up with a bay filly now!

shanebelton

Visit site
My mare will be due early May, it will be a forest bred foal by Lucky Lane Rollo. Same sire as my current riding pony who is a little gem. It'll be my first forest bred foal for over a decade so very excited. Mare's fourth foal, so far 1 colt, 2 fillies, 2 bays and one dun. She is bay, sire is grey. Would like a grey colt, so I shall probably end up with a bay filly now!

How funny! I'm hoping for a bay filly! Mare is grey sire dark bay but from a family of greys, so will probably get a grey colt! :)

HappyHackerK8

Visit site
Four weeks to go, and although she is a maiden I had expected her to be bigger, hoping it doesn't mean a small foal as hoping to keep it and I'm 6ft...View attachment 109541
She looks great - my mare doesn’t look very big but if you peer underneath her it’s all there! She’s a maiden too and was very fit with being ridden, so I think it’s just good tone keeping it all in? I’m 5”4 so the smaller the better for me 😂

Lyle

Visit site
Four weeks to go, and although she is a maiden I had expected her to be bigger, hoping it doesn't mean a small foal as hoping to keep it and I'm 6ft...View attachment 109541
I had a maiden this year who really didn't show very big. Once the foal was out, she didn't look like she'd been in foal at all, even the vet commented! The irony is the foal has the longest legs ever, and at 5 months old looks like he might end up a tall boy, taller than both parents 😂

Asha

Visit site
I have no fingernails left.
Best part of 2 weeks overdue now

I wonder if this horrible weather is having an impact. A friend of mine mare has gone past her last foaling date . But she foaled over the summer previously.
id love to know if they go longer if bred earlier in the year
Hope she gets on with it soon 👍

HappyHackerK8

Visit site
I wonder if this horrible weather is having an impact. A friend of mine mare has gone past her last foaling date . But she foaled over the summer previously.
id love to know if they go longer if bred earlier in the year
Hope she gets on with it soon 👍
From what I’ve read this is the case - I’m no expert in the slightest but have read in several places that early covering has longer gestation than later in the season 😊