6 months difference...so angry and upset.

cavalo branco

Visit site
GGGRRRRRR!! How can anyone neglect their horse so badly?? He looks such a kind, gentle boy as well, I feel quite tearful seeing that photo.I'm so glad that you are able to take care of him again and wish you the very best of luck. As for having to buy him back - cheek!!

Tobiano

Visit site
Oh My God. I exclaimed out loud seeing that second photo. Thank heavens you were able to rescue him. Poor boy. Cannot imagine how you are feeling. Like others, I am seriously wondering whether I could ever bring myself to sell another horse.

These people should rot in hell.

Ibblebibble

Visit site
so very glad you have got him back, can't comprehend how someone can let a horse get that way at this time of year, i had to check 3 times to make sure I'd read the dates right! just showed the pics to my hubby and his words were, 'wtf! that is neglect pure and simple, even a dumbass like me can see that' ! (he likes horses but is not 'horsey' ) report them or at least name and shame on Epona's page.x

Jill Crewe

Visit site
this is awful. all that damage in just six months :( what on earth goes on in people's heads?

thank goodness you were able to rescue him, horrible vile people.

wishing him a speedy recovery, please keep us updated with his progress, can't wait to see him looking happy again :)

teabiscuit

Visit site
Words fail me. I got one back from loan who was scary thin but not that bad. Wishing him a speedy and full recovery. I won't post what I think of people who are capable of such an atrocity.

Tash88

Visit site
Horrendous, thank God you saw that photo and got him back though. I'd be reporting them to world horse welfare - do you know if they have any other horses or animals? I'd be concerned about the state of any animal or child in their care to be honest.

Good luck with rehabilitating him and I hope he feels better soon, would love to see an update in due course.

kerrieberry2

Visit site
that is absolutely hideous! the poor little man! So pleased that you managed to get him back!

some people make me so sick!

Its things like this that make me more and more sure that I could never sell or even loan out my horses! what the hell is wrong with people!

So glad you saw the pic and have got him back!!

Luci07

Visit site
Stating the obvious but...need to say....this is an exception not the rule thank heavens or no one would ever sell on or be able to buy! Not every horse that's sold on ends up in such a state.

It is horrendous and even more scary, the owners felt their care was justified. Now that is awful.

MagicMelon

Visit site
That's really sad OP. Out of interest, how did you go about getting him back? I'd have gone nuts at the new owners, I don't know how I'd be nice enough to them to get them to sell him back to me!!

dalesponydiva

Visit site
This is what happened to my friend's two horses when they went out on loan. They "seemed" to be fantastic people but as they were 180 miles away it wasn't easy to get there and back in a day. We did visit and check them out beforehand. Everytime friend phoned to ask how the horses were the people said they were fine and very happy. Tried several times to get to see them and people kept saying they were busy on this day or that weekend and came up with every excuse imaginable. Eventually we just drove there and were so upset at the state of the horses that arrangements were made within days to get them back home. Sadly whilst the physical condition of the big horse improved the mental damage persisted and eventually had to be PTS as he had become dangerous to be with let alone ride. We thought we had done everything right in checking these people but were sadly proved wrong.
Hugs to you and your boy and so pleased you have him got him home.

maxapple

Visit site
How awful :(

Thank goodness you have him back home with you - he's a lucky boy that you found him again. Fingers crossed your lovely boy makes a speedy return to health. He is so handsome in your earlier pictures xx

SadKen

Visit site
Poor chap. He looks like such a kind soul, I was looking for just his type last year and couldn't find one... Makes me mad to think that someone so cruel has had and wasted such a gift. Best wishes for his recovery, please keep us updated on how he's doing.

Tiffany

Visit site
OMG what a shame. What happened, were the new owners completley clueless about horses or had he been ill.

Sorry if you have already said, not read all of post.

Hope he's soon back to how he was 6 months ago

TheHairyOne

Visit site
Thank you all for your support, kind words and well wishes for him. It really is appreciated by us...though not someone connected to the old owner.:rolleyes:

We will doing everything to try and ensure this doesn't happen to another lovely horse, in the right way with the right people.

He seems happy and bright in himself though, loving his 3 sloppy meals a day already and is chatting to his old friends over the tape like he'd never left.

His coat is horrible, got that nasty greasy feel to it and it's coarse, few little sores in the odd skin fold, but nothing too horrific.

Photo's of him chilling out this afternoon...it doesn't look much better without the mud.

2013-06-17170959_zpsd7b36536.jpg

2013-06-17170832_zps53115b8f.jpg

From a good angle...

2013-06-17170935_zps1bdccc88.jpg

What you don't see is the round feeder behind me. :)

He's right back where he belongs. :D

BraveHart

Visit site
Your last pic made me smile, he looks right at home now. People ask me why I won't sell my mare - this is exactly the reason. Hope he is back to his gorgeous best in no time :)

Spotsrock

Visit site
Yes he's still thin but I think he looks much better for being clean and home you did right thing op and it won't take forever, horses mend.

Whoever the friend of people who had him that doesn't like this thread is, please get a life and leave op alone, the responses here should convince u how bad it is and I for 1 would be embarrassed if a friend of mine allowed that to happen to a horse. Op has simply posted pics of her own horse for support from this online community she has not named or shamed and has posted with care and dignity.

Chavhorse

Visit site
Yes he's still thin but I think he looks much better for being clean and home you did right thing op and it won't take forever, horses mend.

Whoever the friend of people who had him that doesn't like this thread is, please get a life and leave op alone, the responses here should convince u how bad it is and I for 1 would be embarrassed if a friend of mine allowed that to happen to a horse. Op has simply posted pics of her own horse for support from this online community she has not named or shamed and has posted with care and dignity.

What she said x 3.

OP he looks happier already please keep us updated and thank for the salutory reminder that once you sell you loose all control....total kudos on you for buying him back xx

Fools Motto

Visit site
Poor lad. Glad he is home, and looking forward to his road to recovery in photos. Well done you.

My non horsey OH just also wanted to say, 'poor horse, horrible people who can do that'. He doesn't know the front end from the back end, but he can see the difference... not really hard is it? How a horsey person can do that... i guess we will never know?

x

kal40

Visit site
I too was shocked and saddened to see this but really pleased you have him home. I'm sure with your care and love he will thrive. Keep us updated with his progress and good luck.