6 months difference...so angry and upset.

ralph and maverick

Visit site
Some people are unbelievable! Glad you were able to get him back, he looks a lovely horse. Good luck with him on his recovery journey.

I am disgusted what some people can do.

Luci07

Visit site
Actually, when you really think about it, this is what is massively scary..

Its the fact that someone felt that having a horse looking like that was alright. And that another person felt that behaviour was justified. The only time mine went truly thin (and even not as bad as that) was after having a colic operation. I actually walked past his box as didn't recognise him till he whinnied at me. Also think the words of a previous loaner really speak volumes and add weight.. This was a horse who was/is a good doer.

thewonderhorse

Visit site
Yes he's still thin but I think he looks much better for being clean and home you did right thing op and it won't take forever, horses mend.

Whoever the friend of people who had him that doesn't like this thread is, please get a life and leave op alone, the responses here should convince u how bad it is and I for 1 would be embarrassed if a friend of mine allowed that to happen to a horse. Op has simply posted pics of her own horse for support from this online community she has not named or shamed and has posted with care and dignity.

Too True!! Shocking that they thought that this horse was okay!!!

fatpiggy

Visit site
Too True!! Shocking that they thought that this horse was okay!!!

Yes, my horse looked like that on the day she was PTS but she was rising 30 and had Cushings amongst other problems. But I still worried myself sick that she had lost so much weight despite eating extremely well.

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Totally shocked and horrified. Evil, evil people.

So glad you found out and managed to bring him home, he looks such a lovely sort.

It's amazing how good care can help these horses bounce back. Ten years ago, my boy was starved quite literally to the brink of death. Since then, he's been absolutely fine. His old owner was sent to prison.
I hope the people who had your horse never have another one. Personally, I'd like them to experience what its like to be hungry.

3OldPonies

Visit site
So glad that you got him back. Those people who did that too him make my blood boil and they don't deserve to get away with what they did. I do hope he makes a full recovery, best wishes to both of you.

cambrica

Visit site
Well nothing prepared me for that 2nd photo. Poor lad and how lucky for him that he's back with you. When I think of my own horses and imagine them going elsewhere and ending up in that state, Christ knows what you've been through.
Give your beautiful boy a big hug from me and well done you!!! Keep us updated with his progress xxx

4x4

Visit site
Just got up to speed with this. I know these people who bought him, she is the HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER of a LOCAL RIDING CLUB. YES! Shameful

mandyroberts

Visit site
I'm not sure what you can do but I would like to hear that her riding club has at least removed her from office. I hope you have got him back in time that he makes a full recovery. Good luck

Biglets Mummy

Visit site
I cannot believe this. I'm sorry but it has made me sob.Just awful...words just fail me. I hope your boy makes a full recovery.Please put a photo on and let us know how he is doing...I just cannot believe what I have see...:mad:

tankgirl1

Visit site
Just got up to speed with this. I know these people who bought him, she is the HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER of a LOCAL RIDING CLUB. YES! Shameful

Wow! Just found this thread after the 'update' thread was posted! I think the local riding club perhaps need emailing this link at the very least! :mad:

Poor horse, so nice to see him looking so much better in the update thread - good on you OP, and in a way their stupidity has brought him back to you, since they thought that was an acceptable photo to share on FB!

Alchemy

Visit site
Shocking Shocking Shocking, words fail me. Hope he has recovered and thank god you managed to get him back
Stunning looking horse, What did the people who had him have to say?

hugs to your beautiful horse

littleshetland

Visit site
Good grief! words fail me. I'm so glad you managed to get him home - I'm truly shocked at how moronic some people can be - perhaps locked in cell waist deep in mud and starved would be a fitting comeuppance.

The very best of luck to you - I'm sure he'll be back to his old self in no time at all.

TheHairyOne

Visit site
I am at work and on the phone, but the silly beast is happy and healthy and having a fab time. We found him a loaner, who hes been teaching to ride. Will post a full update this evening, but here they both are on Sunday. :)

t311655551_10152203704317254_122021318_o.jpg

And thank you for thinking about him!

Mypinkpony

Visit site
I hope i've managed to do these ok...

here goes...

a couple of weeks or so from being home:

a couple of weeks on again...

3/4 months later at his first show..

at his first xc with his new rider in nov time:

last week ridding in the sun:

and just cos hes sooo pretty lol!

fatpiggy

Visit site
Good grief! words fail me. I'm so glad you managed to get him home - I'm truly shocked at how moronic some people can be - perhaps locked in cell waist deep in mud and starved would be a fitting comeuppance.

The very best of luck to you - I'm sure he'll be back to his old self in no time at all.

I had an email from a friend last week telling me how she had just accquired another horse. Beautifully bred welsh cob with top bloodlines, sold to idiots who decided he was a handful and locked him in a windowless stable for 6 months and didn't do much in the way of mucking out (or pay the rent for that matter). My friend has had to clip him almost down to the skin to get rid of the matted filth which used to be his fur, and he came with a number of urine scalds on his sides. Why didn't they just sell him before he got into such a terrible state? With his breeding he was worth a tidy packet. My friend is now concentrating on getting his weight back up and sorting him out with tack that actually fits him. He has landed on his feet now for sure, but has suffered terribly at the hands of numpties.