Ad - Free to good home ----------> Seriously

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
I don't know how anyone can say that passing on a horse of this age is morally right! No matter what type of home it might get! I know my friends and family would have a few choice words to say to me should I have written an advert like that one for my boy and he's still rideable!

I have shelved my competing and outings ambitions for the length of time my oldie is still here as I won't pass him on just because he can't do what I want anymore. I am happy going at his pace until he tells me it's time. I wouldn't try and give him away or sell him so I could have a younger model and go out and about. If my circumstances changed again so that I couldn't afford basic needs then I would give him as much as I could for as long as I could then I would say goodnight.

Horses don't know the next day is coming and if they have had a good long and happy life why send them onto an uncertain future at the end? I couldn't do this with my boy I'd rather he went with me feeding him and cuddling him in familiar surroundings than shipped off.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
I don't know how anyone can say that passing on a horse of this age is morally right! No matter what type of home it might get! I know my friends and family would have a few choice words to say to me should I have written an advert like that one for my boy and he's still rideable!

I have shelved my competing and outings ambitions for the length of time my oldie is still here as I won't pass him on just because he can't do what I want anymore. I am happy going at his pace until he tells me it's time. I wouldn't try and give him away or sell him so I could have a younger model and go out and about. If my circumstances changed again so that I couldn't afford basic needs then I would give him as much as I could for as long as I could then I would say goodnight.

Horses don't know the next day is coming and if they have had a good long and happy life why send them onto an uncertain future at the end? I couldn't do this with my boy I'd rather he went with me feeding him and cuddling him in familiar surroundings than shipped off.
I feel exactly the same as you , mine is 24, has advanced cushings and can be ridden gently and I would love to have a horse I could do a bit of riding club stuff on but sadly I can barely afford her,if I cant ride at all and she is happy and field sound she is not going anywhere. when the time comes and she isn't happy she will be PTS at the yard with me there till the end....I don't care what the circumstances if you cant find someone you know and trust for your oldie then PTS is not the worst thing to do...

MileAMinute

Visit site
For all those complaining over this advert, this one has just popped up on FB

Free to good home...14.2 full up irish pony won 58 bsja in 2 outings vet been today and 2/10 lame due to slight swelling in fetlock joint. Cannot keep while not in work hence on here he 12 year old good to Box shoe clip catch und and hacks in traffic alone or with others but will need current field rest based in bedfordshire ...fitted tack available

Pony suddenly lame today, and now being given away. There are words, but I'd probably get banned from the forum.

Smurf's Gran

Visit site

Free to good home...14.2 full up irish pony won 58 bsja in 2 outings vet been today and 2/10 lame due to slight swelling in fetlock joint. Cannot keep while not in work hence on here he 12 year old good to Box shoe clip catch und and hacks in traffic alone or with others but will need current field rest based in bedfordshire ...fitted tack available

Pony suddenly lame today, and now being given away. There are words, but I'd probably get banned from the forum.

That is awful. I hope someone takes a chance on him. People like that don't deserve to have a horse. I think I would be tempted to reply to their ad and tell them what I thought of them

muckypony

Visit site

I've seen this too, absolutely disgusting! I'm half tempted to have it and hope for a potentially cracking pony but too risky these days!

Goldenstar

Visit site

Are these people for real ! That's just appalling .

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
That's just nuts on the basis of losing money at least surely!? Unless they know it is a more sinister reason but if they are happy to pass it on that easily you'd think they'd just send it to auction instead.

unicornystar

starbug02.wix.com
I am just beginning to think that people cannot be bothered to pay the £300 approx. to PTS and collect....pass the problem on to someone else! grrr makes my blood boil, people that just pass them on because they want to save money!

diamonddogs

Visit site
My mare's only ten, but my OH knows that if anything happened to me and he couldn't secure her a fabulous home he's to have her PTS.

She hadn't had a nice life before I got her, and now she's one of the loveliest horses you could hope to meet, but I don't want to condemn her to an uncertain future, so I'd rather she joined me over the rainbow bridge. And, yes, some have judged me but I stand by it.