AHAR (Animal Rescue Animal Hell) PETITION

rascal

Visit site

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Are you saying AHAR posted those pictures of the sick donkey in order to get funds, then it died and some of the pictures are saying we need funds for this sick donkey foal and it had actually died?

How awful- wouldn't that be fraud?

Yes, although frankly even if he hadn't have died it was an awful situation to have him in.

ester

Visit site
Well I think we all rather hoped/assumed that was the case.
How surprising that chocolate moonbeam seemed not to know :rolleyes3:

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
Well I think we all rather hoped/assumed that was the case.
How surprising that chocolate moonbeam seemed not to know :rolleyes3:

Oh i did know as did several other people commenting on this thread.

Which begs the question, why demand i answer a question from people who already know the answer?

She died whilst undergoing an operation on her leg to sort out the club foot.

ester

Visit site
I didn't know the answer? I don't ask questions I know the answers to that would be silly.

I find it very impolite to ask genuine questions of people, answer questions from them and find they would have been able to tell me the answer but chose to withold it.

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
I didn't know the answer? I don't ask questions I know the answers to that would be silly.

Leo Walker did and Dobiegirl and quite probably Paddi22 as well. One of those could have chosen to answer your question, instead they chose to demand i told them what they already knew.

Last edited:

LD&S

Visit site
It is also rude of those people who did know to keep demanding i answer their question regarding her whereabouts therefore i would not answer anyone. Sorry if you don't like that but there it is.

I'm sure you'll get over it.

I didn't know the answer and I asked the question, I was not being rude, you were.

I would like an Alfie update too and again I don't know answer to that either.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

Was she the little skewbald walking on the front of her pastern? You can find it if you Google 'hero ahar pictures'

There isn't an operation in the world that would resolve that problem and it would be completely unethical to try.

I don't believe you.

Last edited:

paddi22

Visit site
Leo Walker did and Dobiegirl and quite probably Paddi22 as well. One of those could have chosen to answer your question, instead they chose to demand i told them what they already knew.

i actually didn't know. I know people who donated to help this poor horse and i feel sick that their money has been misused. they donated cash for a 'vital op' and then that poor crippled horse was dumped in a field hobbling around.

You have absolutely no transparency or integrity as far as i am concerned chocolate moonbeam, as you can't even be honest and answer a simple yes or no question

paddi22

Visit site
what date was this operation done on? why wasn't it done as soon as the money was raised? why weren't ahar donators kept in the loop of where their money was going?

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
what date was this operation done on? why wasn't it done as soon as the money was raised? why weren't ahar donators kept in the loop of where their money was going?

The initial post on the Ahar facebook stated it could take up to 18 months for treatment to be completed. Any donors should have noted that and realised any money they donated for an op might be used later rather than sooner.

Little point in operating on a horse standing on tiptoes as she was when she went into the centre.

ester

Visit site
Why would there have been little point operating on a horse standing on tip toes?

Frankly there was little point of operating on a horse that old to resolve a club foot deformity at any point and I don't think it should even have been suggested and that going ahead is a welfare issue in itself.

'18 months for treatment to be completed' would usually start with an op, then the rehab and corrective trimming, I would be interested to know what the medical reasons were for 1) operating, and 2) not operating sooner but I don't hold out much hope for finding out.

I would also be interested to know if she died during or as a result of the operation, it would be most unusual and very unlucky to lose a horse under anaesthetic these days. I don't imagine I will get any answers to that either.

paddi22

Visit site
The initial post on the Ahar facebook stated it could take up to 18 months for treatment to be completed. Any donors should have noted that and realised any money they donated for an op might be used later rather than sooner.

Little point in operating on a horse standing on tiptoes as she was when she went into the centre.

that is absolute rubbish and makes no sense at all. 18 months for treatment was from the op on. not 18 months of the horse being dumped in a field without a farrier looking at it, walking round crippled. wheres the benefit to the horse of that, it actually increased its pain. ahar increased it's suffering.

18 months is from op on, with maybe a few weeks of preparatory stuff at the most. you are making no sense.

stormox

Visit site
There isn't an operation in the world that would resolve that problem and it would be completely unethical to try.

I don't believe you.

I believe that as Hero wasnt treated with remedial farriery and splints and/or tendon desmotomy as a foal, it was too late to do anything after she got to AHAR. She should either have been put down, or her life managed so she was as comfortable as possible. Easily accessible food, regular farriery etc.
She got neither.

I heard ( and this may be right or wrong but I do know the local vets) that Hero was meant to go to Cork for an operation. The AHAR manger couldnt, or wouldnt take her so she went to a local vets and died whilst in their care.

So, chocolate moonbeam, if this didnt happen, what did?

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
I believe that as Hero wasnt treated with remedial farriery and splints and/or tendon desmotomy as a foal, it was too late to do anything after she got to AHAR. She should either have been put down, or her life managed so she was as comfortable as possible. Easily accessible food, regular farriery etc.
She got neither.

I heard ( and this may be right or wrong but I do know the local vets) that Hero was meant to go to Cork for an operation. The AHAR manger couldnt, or wouldnt take her so she went to a local vets and died whilst in their care.

So, chocolate moonbeam, if this didnt happen, what did?

Yes of course you heard that since it was written on a page you frequent.