AHAR (Animal Rescue Animal Hell) PETITION

paddi22

Visit site
that tiddleypom pic is from when she was IN ahar, and it is indisputable photographic evidence that contradicts anything you say about ahar providing adequate care for that horse

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Look, that is how the horse came into Ahar, she was 10 years old or thereabouts. Her condition on arrival at Ahar is not the fault of Ahar it is the fault of whoever had her previously and allowed her condition to get like that.

Ahar gave her a chance, unfortunately she died whilst undergoing an operation, that is one of the risks of surgery.

If you have an issue that her condition was not corrected at an earlier time then neither Ahar or myself are the people to berate here.

Err, AHAR had her for a long amount of time (a year there or thereabouts) before they did anything as shown by the photo and video evidence. Well they trimmed and shod her once, then left her to get on with it that is why I am berating AHAR, that isn't in anyway acceptable, my stance hasn't changed between threads.

The point about her age and letting her be in that condition in the first place is only with regards to likely outcomes of any surgery.

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
Err, AHAR had her for a long amount of time (a year there or thereabouts) before they did anything as shown by the photo and video evidence. Well they trimmed and shod her once, then left her to get on with it that is why I am berating AHAR, that isn't in anyway acceptable, my stance hasn't changed between threads.

The point about her age and letting her be in that condition in the first place is only with regards to likely outcomes of any surgery.

So given the state of her hooves when she arrived, what would you suggest was done to get a more natural hoof shape?

paddi22

Visit site
i think a lot of posters here don't think anything should have been done to get a more natural hoof shape, as due to the serious deformity it was never going to happen.

I know what posters here WOULDN't do is dump it in a field and not have a farrier see it for 8 months or so. which is what ahar did.

ester

Visit site
So given the state of her hooves when she arrived, what would you suggest was done to get a more natural hoof shape?

The farrier seemed to do an excellent job though it would have been good to see some video too. I don't understand why that was not continued with if there was such a determination to try something, and the pictures from a year down the line show that hoofcare had been severely lacking on the 'good' hoof let alone the problem one.

Last edited:

stormox

Visit site
Yes of course you heard that since it was written on a page you frequent.

I frequent a lot of the net to do with local issues. Including AHARs own page. However I was told about Hero, I didnt read it. But I see from your latest post the 'gossip' if you want to call it that, was correct!

unfortunately she died while undergoing an operation [QUOTE said:
At least we know what happened now.

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
The farrier seemed to do an excellent job though it would have been good to see some video too. I don't understand why that was not continued with if there was such a determination to try something.

As i understand it, she was treated initially with remedial farriery however as you can see from the photo i put up there really was so little hoof to work with so she was put out to grass for a while to allow some hoof growth so that when she had her operation they had some hoof to work with in terms of corrective trimming and shoeing in the longer term.

The operation went ahead but as with all operations there is a risk and she died.

paddi22

Visit site
As i understand it, she was treated initially with remedial farriery however as you can see from the photo i put up there really was so little hoof to work with so she was put out to grass for a while to allow some hoof growth so that when she had her operation they had some hoof to work with in terms of corrective trimming and shoeing in the longer term.

The operation went ahead but as with all operations there is a risk and she died.

None of that would be advised by a good vet. I know that's the offical version of the story that you have been fed, but when you step back and break down the real veterinary and farrier aspects of it, none of it holds up as good horsecare practice at any stage. I appreciate that that is the story you swallowed and believed though.

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
None of that would be advised by a good vet. I know that's the offical version of the story that you have been fed, but when you step back and break down the real veterinary and farrier aspects of it, none of it holds up as good horsecare practice at any stage. I appreciate that that is the story you swallowed and believed though.

You're entitled to your opinion.

paddi22

Visit site
theres no way a farrier looked at that horse and thought it was ok. not a hope. im not a hoof expert by any means but i would hazrd a guess they wore down unequally due to more pressure being loaded on the hinds. i could be completely wrong tho.

but i refuse to believe any farrier would leave a horse in that condition, if they did, they should be disbarred

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
theres no way a farrier looked at that horse and thought it was ok. not a hope. im not a hoof expert by any means but i would hazrd a guess they wore down unequally due to more pressure being loaded on the hinds. i could be completely wrong tho.

but i refuse to believe any farrier would leave a horse in that condition, if they did, they should be disbarred

Like i said, you're entitled to your opinion.

WeeLassie

Visit site
At least we need no longer wonder what happened to the poor unfortunate beastie. So she died having an operation on her legs to lengthen the tendons as far as I can make out from this thread. Thank you chocolatemoonbeam for clarifying.
If some kind people hadnt discovered her (and others) living on this neglected golfcourse, would she ever have had the operation? Or would she have stayed there for as long as she remained undiscovered?
It seems to me AHAR need to be a lot more honest to their subscribers what is happening to the animals they use as 'donation getters'...... why, for example, chocolate moonbeam, did it take 14 or 15 pages on this thread for you to say what happened? (I take it you ARE an administrator of AHAR, as you seem to be unnaturally defensive of them ). It is no crime to work for or support a charity, so I see no reason for you to hide it. Or for AHAR to hide anything if they are genuine.

Last edited:

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
At least we need no longer wonder what happened to the poor unfortunate beastie. So she died having an operation on her legs to lengthen the tendons as far as I can make out from this thread. Thank you chocolatemoonbeam for clarifying.
If some kind people hadnt discovered her (and others) living on this neglected golfcourse, would she ever have had the operation? Or would she have stayed there for as long as she remained undiscovered?
It seems to me AHAR need to be a lot more honest to their subscribers what is happening to the animals they use as 'donation getters'...... why, for example, chocolate moonbeam, did it take 14 or 15 pages on this thread for you to say what happened? (I take it you ARE an administrator of AHAR, as you seem to be unnaturally defensive of them ).

Ahar knew exactly where she was, hence she wasn't hidden or dumped or anything else so there was no big discovery to make and yes, i believe the operation was always planned if all else failed.

Last edited:

ester

Visit site
Are you trying to suggest that if as is claimed she hadn't seen a farrier for a year that her hinds wouldn't have grown in that time too?

I am not trying to suggest anything beyond your incomprehension on how unshod hooves work, grow and wear. Both generally on a hind end versus front end (they are not the same) even on a standard well cared for horse) and even more so on a horse with compromised front end.

paddi22

Visit site
i know ahar knew where she was, but do you think any donations would have come in if people had known the state she was in?

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
I am not trying to suggest anything beyond your incomprehension on how unshod hooves work, grow and wear. Both generally on a hind end versus front end (they are not the same) even on a standard well cared for horse) and even more so on a horse with compromised front end.

Those hind hoofs would still need trimming.

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
i know ahar knew where she was, but do you think any donations would have come in if people had known the state she was in?

To be honest, you lot couldn't have made a bigger fuss about it if you'd found Shergar than you did making this 'tremendous discovery about a so called hidden horse' who actually wasn't hidden at all but was safely grazing on some rented land away from the main Ahar centre.

stormox

Visit site
Those hind hoofs would still need trimming.

Not necessarily. Because the hind feet are more 'pointed' in shape the toes tend to break quicker than the fronts. Also if she had seen a farrier, why didnt he trim the off fore? Unless she was unable to stand on the near fore while he did it, in which case she should have been brought back to AHAR and done properly, presumably with a sling.

paddi22

Visit site
To be honest, you lot couldn't have made a bigger fuss about it if you'd found Shergar than you did making this 'tremendous discovery about a so called hidden horse' who actually wasn't hidden at all but was safely grazing on some rented land away from the main Ahar centre.

because people asked where the horse was, were told it was with a particular foster home, and then suddenly its found crippled somewhere else with overgrown hooves and crippled. I DO think thats worth making a fuss over, but then again I actually care about horses and their welfare. You seem not to. I had repeatedly and politely asked about that horses welfare for months on the ahar site and received no reply. so in my view, it WAS hidden away from public view

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
because people asked where the horse was, were told it was with a particular foster home, and then suddenly its found crippled somewhere else with overgrown hooves and crippled. I DO think thats worth making a fuss over, but then again I actually care about horses and their welfare. You seem not to. I had repeatedly and politely asked about that horses welfare for months on the ahar site and received no reply. so in my view, it WAS hidden away from public view

Oh poor Paddi22, left out of the loop again where Ahar animals are concerned :(