AHAR (Animal Rescue Animal Hell) PETITION

paddi22

Visit site
Oh poor Paddi22, left out of the loop again where Ahar animals are concerned :(

yep poor me. i was completely left out of the loop. a friend donated to them and wondered why they hadn't seen updates, and why i tried to follow it up i was left out of the loop.

And generally, decent normal charities, don't keep people out of the loop about their rescues. in fact, most are delighted to show their progress. but not ahar.

stormox

Visit site
To be honest, you lot couldn't have made a bigger fuss about it if you'd found Shergar than you did making this 'tremendous discovery about a so called hidden horse' who actually wasn't hidden at all but was safely grazing on some rented land away from the main Ahar centre.

I dont actually think the horse was 'hidden' - more 'out of sight, out of mind' ...... But it was VERY quickly moved back to AHAR and operated on when her whereabouts was discovered. And do you not agree, chocolate moonbeam, that the horses discovered with her- Couer and the emaciated chestnut with the big knee, were in an absolutely awful condition and certainly didnt need to be turned out onto poor grazing.
Ahar seemed to be 'in denial' that they had these horses, because plenty of donators to them asked where they were, and no updates were forthcoming.

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
I dont actually think the horse was 'hidden' - more 'out of sight, out of mind' ...... But it was VERY quickly moved back to AHAR and operated on when her whereabouts was discovered. And do you not agree, chocolate moonbeam, that the horses discovered with her- Couer and the emaciated chestnut with the big knee, were in an absolutely awful condition and certainly didnt need to be turned out onto poor grazing.
Ahar seemed to be 'in denial' that they had these horses, because plenty of donators to them asked where they were, and no updates were forthcoming.

Of course it isn't possible that hero was always going to be moved back when she was, is it?

MyOldPony

Visit site
And this exactly the reason why I posted the petition.
Yet another animal "saved" by AHAR who rushed to its aid, raked in hundreds in a shocking story of abuse. Then the animal disappears out of sight once it's served it's purpose of being a "headline cashcow" only to rot and go back to or worse of a condition it was "saved" from and then its onto the next glory seeking money maker.
AHAR is a business it should be called "cash for cruelty". We will show you cruelty and you give us cash. But don't ask for updates PLEASE 😉

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
And this exactly the reason why I posted the petition.
Yet another animal "saved" by AHAR who rushed to its aid, raked in hundreds in a shocking story of abuse. Then the animal disappears out of sight once it's served it's purpose of being a "headline cashcow" only to rot and go back to or worse of a condition it was "saved" from and then its onto the next glory seeking money maker.
AHAR is a business it should be called "cash for cruelty". We will show you cruelty and you give us cash. But don't ask for updates PLEASE ��

Don't be so overdramatic.

And Ahar is a charity, not a business.

Last edited:

paddi22

Visit site
i'd say it's a fairly accurate representation.

that poor dying donkey pic was disgusting. wrapped in a bloody duvet in front of a fire with animals annoying it. not an ounce of empathy for what the animal was going through and the conditions it needed to be in. All done to tug at the heart strings and raise cash. poor, poor animal. if you think that is acceptable chocolate moonbeam, then you have no idea about animal welfare.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
And Ahar is a charity, not a business.

Charities are businesses which operate for the benefit of the charitable purpose defined in its charter.

In AHAR's case who it is benefiting exactly is yet to be proved. We are still waiting for the production of accounts to show where half a million Euros of donations have actually been spent and a balance sheet showing which assets paid for by donor money are actually owned by the charity and which by private individuals or other organisations. Both demanded recently by the charity commission, I believe.

Last edited:

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
Yet to be proved. We are still waiting for the production of accounts to show where half a million Euros of donations have actually been spent and a balance sheet showing which assets paid for by donor money are actually owned by the charity and which by private individuals or other organisations. Both demanded recently by the charity commission, I believe.

As you are well aware, the CRA sanction time is not yet up. Whether you get to know these details will be up to them, Ahar do not have to put up any more financial information than what is required by the CRA.

ycbm

Visit site
As you are well aware, the CRA sanction time is not yet up. Whether you get to know these details will be up to them, Ahar do not have to put up any more financial information than what is required by the CRA.

No it won't be up to them. Charity accounts are public and can be scrutinised by anyone.

No, the time is not yet up. I am awaiting with interest what happens when it is.

ycbm

Visit site
Then go and scrutinise them then.

Thank you. I will. I am particularly interested in finding out who owns all the facilities, which must by now be worth a few hundred thousand. And then who spent the half million euros on what. I doubt we we'll ever find that out but since AHAR have been instructed to produce proper accounts drawn up by a properly qualified person in future, at least it should be a little clearer in a year's time what is happening to the donations.

Then all we will need to worry about is the ethics of a charity paying a meat man for horses, buying puppies on the open market, and abusing animals in the course of fund raising.

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
Thank you. I will. I am particularly interested in finding out who owns all the facilities, which must by now be worth a few hundred thousand. And then who spent the half million euros on what. I doubt we we'll ever find that out but since AHAR have been instructed to produce proper accounts drawn up by a properly qualified person in future, at least it should be a little clearer in a year's time what is happening to the donations.

Then all we will need to worry about is the ethics of a charity paying a meat man for horses, buying puppies on the open market, and abusing animals in the course of fund raising.

Ah right, now we are getting to the nitty gritty.

Why do you care what the facilities are now worth?

ycbm

Visit site
Why do you care what the facilities are now worth?

You are coming across as more and more dim, I'm afraid :(

Because if donor money bought them and they are owned by an individual or company and not by AHAR, them a massive fraud would have been perpetrated. A balance sheet has not been produced, but has now been demanded by the CRA, so at the moment there is no way of knowing whether donor funds have been used to substantially increase the value of a privately held property.

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
You are coming across as more and more dim, I'm afraid :(

Because if donor money bought them and they are owned by an individual or company and not by AHAR, them a massive fraud would have been perpetrated. A balance sheet has not been produced, but has now been demanded by the CRA, so at the moment there is no way of knowing whether donor funds have been used to substantially increase the value of a privately held property.

Ahar last filed accounts are on the CRA website.

I think you know full well the sanctions related to keeping the books in a proper manner and that there was no suggestion of misappropriation of funds.

ycbm

Visit site
Ahar last filed accounts are on the CRA website.

I think you know full well the sanctions related to keeping the books in a proper manner and that there was no suggestion of misappropriation of funds.

Those would be the accounts that the CRA say are completely inadequate, wouldn't they?

AHAR have been told to account for half a million euros of spending which are unaccounted for.

AHAR have been told to employ a properly qualified person to produce proper accounts and a full balance sheet.

Do we have to go through all this again? We did it ad nauseam on another thread last month :(

Last edited:

stormox

Visit site

As far as I can see, the property hasnt changed much since it was an equestrian centre apart from both arenas now being unusable for riding and the whole place looking shabbier. I do not know who actually owns it, or who owns the managers house just up the road.

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
AHAR have been told to account for half a million euros of spending which are unaccounted for.

AHAR have been told to employ a properly qualified person to produce proper accounts and a full balance sheet.

Do we have to go through all this again? We did it ad nauseam on another thread last month :(

The notice, which was accepted by the organisation on the 16th January 2017, requires AHAR to:

Assign the responsibility of keeping proper books of account to a person(s) with the appropriate skills and experience.

Introduce periodic financial reporting setting out the income and expenditure (including the nature of that income and expenditure) and the assets and liabilities of the charity.

Ensure all financial reports are scrutinised by the charity trustees under a standing agenda item – ‘financial status of the charity’ during regular management committee meetings.

http://charitiesregulator.ie/en/CRA/Pages/WP17000001

Umm, where have they been asked to account for a missing half million?

You lot do have a big habit of making things up to suit yourselves you know.

ycbm

Visit site
I find it astonishing that you produce that list, again, as some sort of DEFENSE of AHAR. It is completely shameful that such an instruction needs to be given to any organisation taking so much public money.

You know as well as I do that the instructions above were given because it is known that there is half a million of expenditure unaccounted for. It may be too late to find out where that went, they want to make sure it never happens again.

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
I find it astonishing that you produce that list, again, as some sort of DEFENSE of AHAR. It is completely shameful that such an instruction needs to be given to any organisation taking so much public money.

You know as well as I do that the instructions above were given because it is known that there is half a million of expenditure unaccounted for. It may be too late to find out where that went, they want to make sure it never happens again.

I produced the list because you seem intent on adding items to it that just are not there. Ergo, you are making it up to suit your agenda.

ycbm

Visit site
As far as I can see, the property hasnt changed much since it was an equestrian centre apart from both arenas now being unusable for riding and the whole place looking shabbier. I do not know who actually owns it, or who owns the managers house just up the road.

I think that's the CRA point, stormox, no-one knows who owns what. Though it doesn't sound like much has been spent on maintaining or improving it all, if the donations have been paying a mortgage but it's owned by a private individual then there would still be a big fraud going on.

ycbm

Visit site
I produced the list because you seem intent on adding items to it that just are not there. Ergo, you are making it up to suit your agenda.

I don't have an agenda. I'm not a donor and never will be. I wouldn't take an animal from them if you paid me, I value the ones I already have here already too much to risk them. You clearly have a very close connection though. Care to tell us what it is?

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
I don't have an agenda. I'm not a donor and never will be. I wouldn't take an animal from them if you paid me, I value the ones I already have here already too much to risk them. You clearly have a very close connection though. Care to tell us what it is?

Whether i have an affiliation with Ahar or not is none of your business :)

stormox

Visit site
I think that's the CRA point, stormox, no-one knows who owns what. Though it doesn't sound like much has been spent on maintaining or improving it all, if the donations have been paying a mortgage but it's owned by a private individual then there would still be a big fraud going on.

As far as I can remember (I knew the previous owners) it was bought outright with a donation mainly from one individual. It was then put in trust, with AHAR the sole user. But who or what the trust is, no one seemes to know.