am i the only 1 who finds this horse unattractive

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I saw a Russian horse riding display and the horses were a mixture of Budyenny (sp?) and AT's - they were stunning and very graceful. The Budyenny were more 'conventional' in thier confo but still had a metallic sheen.

ETA. It's Budyonny. ;)

bBudenny.jpg

Last edited:

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Strange that so many do not like - it's most likely a strong contributor to the modern thoroughbred and thus most sporthorses. Also tough as nails - not likely to break! And a purebred Akhal Teke has won an individual dressage gold medal!

Purple Duck

Visit site
At's are very tough horses.

That one looks as tough as a fairy cake.

I am not having ago at the whole breed- unless they all have long scraggly spines.

I know nothing of the breed.

As the OP questioned who finds it attractive or not.

I am clearly in the Not.

mandwhy

Visit site
I like ATs too :) they are not very popular because of their long backs which I think is a bit of a shame! The coat on him is very Barbie horsey but I really don't like the albino looking face on cremello type colours!

Goldenstar

Visit site
Well if AT's are as flighty as my arabs I'm definately sold (they enjoyed watching the chainsawing that was going on just outside their paddock today :) ).

I also love American saddlebreds (no funny shoes though). :D

american-saddlebred-1.png

I have got one of these but he does not stand like that he's bay and 16.3.

kylee86

Visit site

JustKickOn

Visit site
Looks like a grey hound. Definitely eye catching, not my idea of beautiful, but everyone has different opinions on beauty.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
That one looks as tough as a fairy cake.

I am not having ago at the whole breed- unless they all have long scraggly spines.

I know nothing of the breed.

As the OP questioned who finds it attractive or not.

I am clearly in the Not.

You are quite welcome to find the horse unattractive. They are however one of the toughest breeds so looks are obviously deceptive. ;) :)

I think that the lack of a deep chest makes them look longer in the spine than they really are.

I still want one, I don't even care if it's a dilute or not.

ETA. Goldenstar - please post a photo! :D

Suziq77

Visit site
Strange that so many do not like - it's most likely a strong contributor to the modern thoroughbred and thus most sporthorses. Also tough as nails - not likely to break! And a purebred Akhal Teke has won an individual dressage gold medal!

When I was little I used to have a picture of an Akhal Teke and it was one of my dream horses - the picture the OP put up is a long long way from what I remember. Personally I can't bear pink eyes (sorry everyone who has ponies with them, I am sure you adore them it's just something I don't like) so that combined with the way the horse is standing makes me shudder. Perhaps that's why there are so many who don't like it....

AdorableAlice

Visit site
This thread has just caused a row in the household. OH insisting it's a stuffed plastic horse ! He won't have it that it's real.

For me, sorry but it's vile.

trojanpony

Visit site
I have one! Well half a one as I bred my mare to an AT stallion. Boring chestnut though. I'm surprised at so many comments about weaknesses etc. he was bed for endurance and to be ultra tough. His dad has done thousands of miles after being raced as a two year old. Btw he does have a long back but it is not weak, no trouble to saddle and very sound.d

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I have one! Well half a one as I bred my mare to an AT stallion. Boring chestnut though. I'm surprised at so many comments about weaknesses etc. he was bed for endurance and to be ultra tough. His dad has done thousands of miles after being raced as a two year old. Btw he does have a long back but it is not weak, no trouble to saddle and very sound.d

Photo needed - plus there's nothing wrong with chestnut! :D

Paris1

Visit site
Faracat is it gull AT? If so quite different to OP and quite to my liking.
I don't remember them looking like OP pic.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Yes he's a purebred. :)

Another photo that makes him look more 'teke-y'.

DSC_6479-480x383.jpg

JFTD. I used to live near Halton and I never managed to do that flipping sponsored ride! typical.

Kitty B

Visit site
I love the coat, but something about the way the horse looks doesn't really appeal to me. It could just be the way it is standing, I haven't seen any other than in photos. Who knows, I could really like them in person! I tend to like either old-type Morgan or well bred cob types personally, but I do like a good American Saddlebred! I rode one as a teenager for quite awhile, though he wasn't as fancy as the show ones. He might have been if he was all prettied up, I suppose! I've known three ASBs personally, and all of them were fabulous, and much more sturdy than they looked. Akhal-Tekes might be the same! ASBs have taught me that pretty and slim built doesn't automatically mean delicate. :)

Goldenstar

Visit site
ETA. Goldenstar - please post a photo! :D

That's beyond my IT skills at the moment but learning is on my to do list I will do so when I can.
Mines a lovely gentle if rather nervous boy IMO he was lucky to escape the US and be born in holland so he has a KWPN passport or else he could have been mincing around with his eyes on stalks in one of those god awful show classes.
He would stand exactly like that picture in a heartbeat if you encouraged him , the more I worked him the more normal he looks , but he has the kinked to the side tail it's completly natural in him

JFTDWS

Visit site
Yes he's a purebred. :)

Another photo that makes him look more 'teke-y'.

DSC_6479-480x383.jpg

JFTD. I used to live near Halton and I never managed to do that flipping sponsored ride! typical.

What on earth were you thinking :eek: I have wanted to jump that plane for years, but never had something I thought could jump it and transport at the same time (my old cob could, but I don't want to beast him round over bigger fences at his age!). I finally think F might be ready next year. Fingers crossed I can find a buddy :p [eta-sorry went on a ramble here :/]

I'm slightly in love with that pony, btw, latest photo is sexy :eek: