Andy Thomas tTest riding clinic

Roxylola

Visit site
Looks great! When you mentioned your rightways inclination before I had a look at one of the videos you have posted previously, and yes you were doing that slight hint of a tip to the right exactly like I do. I think we have quite similar conformation (though I'm fatter than you), so seeing this video gives me hope! You honestly look fantastic. Horse looks great too, but from your earlier vids I already thought he was pretty special...recently he's muscled up beautifully though.

Great to hear other HHOers had a good time too.
Im not the only one not built for dressage then - I think when you're aware of your body you can kind of hide it or compensate to an extent but it was fab not getting in my own way. Thanks for the compliment I will pass it on to supercob, hes really coming to now I'm super pleased with him

jj_87

Visit site
He really is amazing, I am yet to do a mounted clinic but have had unmounted treatments and afterwards i feel so much straighter and balanced. Really recommend.

Roxylola

Visit site
I felt super straight and even at our arena one day on sunday. Sadly it didnt help mitigate a massively long warm up due to late dressage, and awkward jumping due to a lost shoe on our way round. Nice to not have to correct myself though ?
Screenshot_20200819-171805_Gallery.jpg

Roxylola

Visit site
Your horse looks amazing Roxylola, proper jump in canter.

Did you do the activation exercises before you rode?
Thanks, I cant sit on it for the life of me ?
I didnt do them before, mainly as I had nowhere to lie down and clam etc. I've been doing them just generally though and I do think it helps hugely

Mahoganybay

Visit site
My girl has a nice shape in canter, we are working at getting her sitting more.

Finding the exercises are helpful too, and like you finding it hard to do the lie down one at the yard ??

Attachments

• C036EB5E-1DA1-42D0-88E3-AD5D276B1B71.jpeg
    C036EB5E-1DA1-42D0-88E3-AD5D276B1B71.jpeg
    180.6 KB · Views: 19

Roxylola

Visit site
Ooh shes very pretty MB, swinging along lovely there.
Mmm, it's one thing lying down on the yard - I might consider that (reluctantly) but there is no way you're going to persuade me to lie down on the yard or in the trailer in my competition whites! I'll have to find another way if it becomes crucial

YorkshireLady

Visit site
reading this I am so glad I have him booked to come to our ride...I already knew he was going to be really helpful but this makes it even better. I have a hip issue so really interested in what happens.

My horse's physio is also having a session with him same day, and she is a human physio too so is loving it as a CPD day as well!

Roxylola

Visit site
There's a clinic of his on near me soon and I really want to go but I've only gone and lost my horse's passport :( argh!
Speak to the venue maybe. I know you arent supposed to travel without but they might be ok if you can prove jabs are all in date, maybe a letter from your vet quoting dates and giving chip number so they could scan to check...

Bernster

Visit site
Ooh there is one I’ve tagged coming up in sept. These posts are really helpful. I’m dithering as I’ve already booked a hedge hopping course the day after and i don’t take Finn out twice in a row but, other than the travelling, I’m thinking this won’t be hard work for him? I’m horribly wonky, not sure how much is me or Finn but we’re having trouble bending left atm.

Roxylola

Visit site
Ooh there is one I’ve tagged coming up in sept. These posts are really helpful. I’m dithering as I’ve already booked a hedge hopping course the day after and i don’t take Finn out twice in a row but, other than the travelling, I’m thinking this won’t be hard work for him? I’m horribly wonky, not sure how much is me or Finn but we’re having trouble bending left atm.
You very much choose how hard you make it for the horse. We did the basics, a bit of lateral work and played about with a bit of collected work. It's an hour total but some is dismounted anyway.
I'd say book it!

southerncomfort

Visit site
Reading this with interest.

Over the years I've had so many injuries and now I think about it, they've all been on my left side. I get pain in my left lower back, piriformis syndrome left side only, ive injured my left quads and left hamstring, completely knackered my left achillies, and currently recovering from a torn perineal calf muscle (left leg) and damaged perineal tendons.

Now thinking I've got something fundamentally wrong with my posture and sounds like this chap could help.

vam

Visit site
He is at my trainers at the end of September in Surrey if anyone is interested.
I have done the unmounted session with him about a year ago as my horse was off games at the time and it really made a difference and I would go to this session but I've actually got something else planned which is annoying. I really should have kept up with the exercises at home as I know I am as bad as I was before his session frustratingly, plus I would want to do the mounted session this time.

Mahoganybay

Visit site

I wouldn’t worry, there is no a lot of work for the horse.

Bernster

Visit site
He is at my trainers at the end of September in Surrey if anyone is interested.
I have done the unmounted session with him about a year ago as my horse was off games at the time and it really made a difference and I would go to this session but I've actually got something else planned which is annoying. I really should have kept up with the exercises at home as I know I am as bad as I was before his session frustratingly, plus I would want to do the mounted session this time.

That’s the one! I’ve emailed to see if there is space. I’d prefer the unmounted but doesn’t seem to be available if you haven’t done that already.

Branna

Visit site
Thanks for posting this, it looks great. Definitely something my dad needs I think to straighten him up and I could do with some physio too!
I have emailed, unfortunately all the clinics coming up near me are booked up but I have joined the mailing list for future spaces.

daffy44

Visit site
I do hope that Daffy is already on mates rates but I'm seriously considering asking for a commission/reduction for all the HHO bookings ?

I wish I was!! I might talk to him about it as I have two friends in two different counties who have booked him to do days at their respective yards next month, as well as all the people I recommend him to on here and facebook etc. I'm due to see him in about month, so I'll see, but really I just recommend him because hes so good, simple as that.

quizzie

Visit site
I have booked a session with him at a clinic tomorrow...I'm just hoping that my horse ( who hasn't been out since February), keeps his feet on the ground enough for Andy to assess my riding position rather than my flying skills!!!.